Team-BHP - Hopeless customer service from BajajAllianz, what to do next?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Hopeless customer service from BajajAllianz, what to do next? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/109651-hopeless-customer-service-bajajallianz-what-do-next.html)

Details:

1. Had a Laura that was insured with ICICI Lombard up to 25-June-2011

2. Wanted to renew it with BajajAllianz (bumper-to-bumper policy) so gave them a cheque on 25-May-2011 for buying the new policy.

3. Car met with an accident 11-June-2011, subsequently ICICI sold it to some repair shop and gave me the money. It is not a total-loss/scrap.

4. Informed BajajAllianz (by phone and mail) renewal branch on 14-June-2011 about the accident and decision to dispose off the vehicle and hence requested them to cancel the purchase and refund.

5. The lady (BA employee) promised over the phone that the refund will be made and no policy will be issued. No written communication - all my mails pretty much went unanswered after this point.

6. The refund never happened and phone-calls and mails were never answered.

7. On 27-Sep, I called the customer support (till now I was directly dealing with one lady at their renewal branch in Bangalore) and lodged a complaint.

8. On 04-Oct, I get a call from their "technical department" and after a series of exchanges of mails/phone-calls, I am told the money will be refunded but only after deducting third-party insurance premium.

9. I refused for any deduction, because the earlier policy was with ICICI. I informed them on 14-Jun, well before the ICICI policy expiry date (25-Jun). Their reasoning is that there is no proof that the car is insured after 25-Jun and since they have accepted the money to insure - they are liable to 3rd party claims.

10. I am really irritated because not only they just turned a deaf ear during the whole period 14-Jun to 04-Oct (till the customer complaint was lodged) and now they tell me the refund will be post deduction.

Maybe the deduction is nominal like 2-3K, but they took so bloody long to get back with a resolution and I am not convinced with their justification for the deduction. If anything, ICICI should be worried about 3rd party claims - not BajajAllianz.

What should I do next? Also I have two more cars insured by this stupid company - Fabia and 5-series - how to cancel them during the policy period without losing much money?

Help appreciated. Thanks.

Please raise this matter with the consumer court, they are taking you for a ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by androdev (Post 2548430)
Details:

What should I do next? Also I have two more cars insured by this stupid company - Fabia and 5-series - how to cancel them during the policy period without losing much money?

Help appreciated. Thanks.

Do contact IRDA (I R D A Welcomes You) . Contact their grievance call centre which can be accessed through SMS or email.

I have lodged a complaint with IRDA - they have online portal http://www.igms.irda.gov.in to do it. Very cool. But my suspicion is that BajajAlliaz will find some way to justify the deduction.

I also have two more cars insured under BajajAllianz. How do I cancel them before the expiry date and ask for refund? Obviously I don't want to first buy a new insurance say from AIG and then approach BA to cancel. Can I ask BA to retain the third-party insurance and refund the balance pro-rata policy amount? I want them to understand that my business will go to someone else if I am not happy with their customer service.

I think the concept of customer service just doesn't exist in our country. This story is all too familiar. Subject the consumer to sa much pain as possible so that he gives up his hard earned money without getting any service. Good that you escalated to IRDA.

Can you even switch policy providers midway and get pro-rated amount from the previous provider? I have never heard of such a thing. I think there is a 'Ask me ..' thread in this very sub-forum. You should probably post your question there.

If there is that provision then you should definitely exercise it. I know the disputed amount might be low but there are some principles and beliefs worth pursuing.

Didnt they ever raise a ticket against your complaint?
From my experience, i have seen that the people from their headoffice in Pune (?) are more responsive. Get a ticket number, and go straight to the escalation channels.

Threaten with withdrawing your business, and also of complaint to consumer court. Unfortunately, this is how things work in our country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2567619)
Didnt they ever raise a ticket against your complaint?
From my experience, i have seen that the people from their headoffice in Pune (?) are more responsive. Get a ticket number, and go straight to the escalation channels.

Threaten with withdrawing your business, and also of complaint to consumer court. Unfortunately, this is how things work in our country.

I have ticket and everything. I spoke to Pune unit also. It didn't make any difference. I even complained on their facebook page. I know customer support is terrible in India, but usually if you keep following up, some senior employee will intervene and resolve the issue. But this company is truly hopeless. I am in perpetual deja vu. I will wait till there is an update from BajajAllianz on the IRDA complaint and then see what I can do next.

Hi Folks

Took an insurance from Bajaj Allianz for my Innova. No great deal; straight insurance. The guy said he is from the company direct (not an agent). Instead of a discount, he promised 2 coupons for 2500 each for Nandi Toyota that can be redeemed on any service.

Since I need to get the wheel balance / rotation and some other chillar work like ac top, thought it was goodish deal since I will use it.

He told he will send the coupons by mail (fool that I was, I agreed) and this was 3 months ago. Every time I reminded them (4-5 times) they will respond saying will send it to office. Then it became, you call the guy & collect it.

All this while irritating, was not unexpected. The manager, Kishore Reddy S. (DM-INCHARGE) ,Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited., was copied through out and hence I was fairly confident something will happen.

What happened was this Kishore person sent me a mail last week saying not to mail him & it is my responsibility to collect the coupon from the rep. The rep did not respond the one time I called.

It is no big loss but I am put off by the attitude. Thought you guys should beware if you go with Bajaj Allianz - get your goodies first before cutting that check.

Me - I dont think Bajaj will get my custom in future.

Was this your first time with Bajaj Allianz? i.e. was the car insured with some other insurer and you moved to Bajaj recently?

My experience with them has been quiet decent to good so far. No fuss, someone calls me from Pune head-office and i am always asked to pay online and almost always (every year since last 4 years) their rates are way better then anyone else in the market.

I had my mother's medical insurance with Bajaj Allianz. For a major hospitalization, with very little followup, they released the entire cashless amount to the hospital.

My previous Honda City had Bajaj Allianz insurance. My TVS Wego and Rapid has Bajaj Allianz too. Touch wood, no issues so far with respect to renewal or anything.

I suggest you email the higher ups in Bajaj and complain about this agent (Who claims he is from the company). I think he is playing truant.

Had both my vehicles insured with BA and haven't faced any major issues; in fact, had recommended Kishore to few of the people due to better rates he provided.

Still with BA, but renewals done online.

If you have got such a mail from the DM, then best to escalate the issue, as suggested above; but if the agent was a third party and not under direct control by BA, it might be a write off.

With so much positive feedback, I am wondering where things went wrong.

This is the first time I am with BA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhu (Post 3120692)
With so much positive feedback, I am wondering where things went wrong.

This is the first time I am with BA.

Why don't you try calling Kishore and talk to him? Explain the issue and check with him what can be done.

If he tries to pass the responsibility and does not care to help, then there definitely something wrong with the team.

Quote:

Why don't you try calling Kishore and talk to him? Explain the issue and check with him what can be done.
I agree, even today I had called Kishore on an related matter about car insurance and promptly he called back with the required details, I've been dealing with Kishore for over 3 years now and he's never failed to deliver.

A small update folks - I mailed Kishore on Monday essentially asking for a quote for my Honda. Also said that may be we got off to a bad start & this was my way of trying make amends. One week hence, no response.

Now it may be that he has taken a hatred to me; but I find it very difficult to reconcile that with high levels of services as recommended by the other members. Any individual customer with 2 cars would be valuable I would have thought, as eventually they will replace or add cars.

I think this will turn into a rant about a person if I continue; so I will stop. But I think my warning at the beginning is well earned.