Team-BHP - Buying a Tata or Fiat? Stay away from Bajaj Allianz!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Buying a Tata or Fiat? Stay away from Bajaj Allianz! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/115551-buying-tata-fiat-stay-away-bajaj-allianz.html)

I recently had to get some denting painting work on the Safari rear door.
Estimate was coming to around 7000 INR.

The workshop informed me that apart from paying 1000 INR fixed claim processsing charge I would have to pay 50% of 7000/4, which comes to 875rs, as Depreciation on labor/painting charges!

I was pretty surprised. there is no depreciation involved in denting and painting.

Then the workshop showed me a few Tata/Fiat cars, and told me that Bajaj Allianz is demanding this amount.

However, National/ICICI/TATA AIG etc., which have tieup with Tata Insurance have no such charges, Nor do other insurance companies.

Further probing revealed another shocking fact. This charge was being levied only for Tata/Fiat cars, esp SUVs and MUVs.

The surveyor came, and I asked him to give me these charges in written.
He balked(never expected a customer to fight for 800 odd rs).

And eventually I did not have to pay this money. However, many others pay this money to insurance company.

This is basically fraud on their part, and they are getting away with it because nobody fights back for a mere "500-800rs" or maybe they are not aware that this is fraud, plain and simple.

Surely something fishy, my Baleno is insured with Bajaj Allianz and i was never charged this amount. I have used their cash less facility ~a year back and came back quiet satisfied with the smoothness and easyness of the assessment and claim processing.

Lately i have been hearing quiet a few grievances with Bajaj Allianz, maybe time has come to look at other options when renewal comes up in April.

The best is to go with TATA Insurance for TATA FIAT CARS.

Cashless Facility & no such bad practices.

TATA insurance is the best for tata Fiat cars.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam

Tanveer, you are right, this amount is only for Tata/Fiat cars especially SUV/MUV.

Bajaj Allianz has a sheet in which they classify cars. In that sheet Tata is considered as "High Risk Vehicle".

I found this out when I was helping a friend renew insurance on his Safari. I had got my insurance from Bajaj Allianz and their rates were very competitive for my Altis. Incase of a similar aged Safari the charges were crazy. I got a 50% corporate discount + NCB. For him that 50% was not given stating that you have a Tata vehicle that which is high risk category. Toyota is the lowest ranked in risk. Diesel cars also features higher in risk as they are expected to run higher kms and more prone to accident as per the guy.

We went to Tata AIG and even there the story was similar more for the Tata then the Toyota.

ICICI and national insurance were better.

Tanveer, there are no such charges! I can assure you that. I think, the garage guy or surveyor trying to make some money. Good that you didn't pay.

Btw, did you confirm about this charges from company itself? Don't ask surveyors or garages, as they have rules of their own!

PM'd you for details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 2675281)
Tanveer, you are right, this amount is only for Tata/Fiat cars especially SUV/MUV.

Bajaj Allianz has a sheet in which they classify cars. In that sheet Tata is considered as "High Risk Vehicle".

Viddy, I very well know Mahindra, Tata are on the bad-boys list of Bajaj but at the time of claim they'll never charge from customers, company will either apply compulsory excess or loading while issuing the policy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2675245)
I was pretty surprised. there is no depreciation involved in denting and painting.

Then the workshop showed me a few Tata/Fiat cars, and told me that Bajaj Allianze is demanding this amount.
This is basically fraud on their part, and they are getting away with it because nobody fights back for a mere "500-800rs" or maybe they are not aware that this is fraud, plain and simple.

This is a scam.

However, I have had my Scorpio insured with Bajaja Allianze for the 2nd year now, I made a claim last year for the broken windshield, I was paid fully for the glass and 50% for the electronics (rain & light sensor)

Quote:

Originally Posted by F50 (Post 2675317)
Tanveer, there are no such charges! I can assure you that. I think, the garage guy or surveyor trying to make some money. Good that you didn't pay..

Actually the Garage warned me as soon as I got in the the car. They told me surveyor would ask for these charges. due to this I was able to confront the surveyor, and no such charges were levied.I told him, I am willing to pay all charges, as long as they are in written.
He just backed out.
After that he tried to tell me to take my car to Carnation as they would do this repair in less money, or take it to some other part of NCR(in Delhi, which is a different state altogether!)
When I did not budge, and asked to speak to his superiors, he was suddenly okay with everything.

But the fact remains that many people paid these charges as they thought these were valid.

The logic they were given is that 1/4th of repair and denting is material(paint). Since paint is plastic/polymer, they need to pay 50% of plastic parts as depreciation.

So total extra they pay is 1/8th of total denting painting charges apart from 1000rs Claim charge.

Few years back I got indica repaired, and no such charges existed.
Thats why I confronted the surveyor. But many customers are unaware, and allow insurance companies to take them for a ride.

Needless to say, I will go with Tata Insurance when time comes for insurance renewal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2675414)
The logic they were given is that 1/4th of repair and denting is material(paint). Since paint is plastic/polymer, they need to pay 50% of plastic parts as depreciation.

So total extra they pay is 1/8th of total denting painting charges apart from 1000rs Claim charge.

Exactly. I have heard this happen in some garages in my place too.

The garages (who are the puppets of insurance companies) buy paint separately, and maintain a separate bill for it. And, charge labour/tinkering separately and maintain a separate bill for it.

So, ultimately, the customer is asked to pay half the amount of the paint bill, as paint comes in plastic/polymer category.

We don't really fight, but just change workshops, as we have enough options.