Team-BHP - Adding accessories to Insurance ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Adding accessories to Insurance ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/118089-adding-accessories-insurance.html)

I bought a Honda City a couple of months ago, which is insured by TATA AIG along with their zero depreciation plan (Pearl plan IIRC). It has a loss of personal belongings clause, wherein the limit is 10000.

Since the car purchase I have spent close to 1.2 lakhs on after market fitments, all of which I have a bill for. The major expenses are Stanley leather seat covers and my audio setup, both of which are about 1.05 lakhs.

My question is, can I add these to my insurance policy now or do I have to wait for renewal ? Should a simple call to TATA AIG call center solve it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagles_ts (Post 2724432)
I bought a Honda City a couple of months ago, which is insured by TATA AIG along with their zero depreciation plan (Pearl plan IIRC). It has a loss of personal belongings clause, wherein the limit is 10000.

Since the car purchase I have spent close to 1.2 lakhs on after market fitments, all of which I have a bill for. The major expenses are Stanley leather seat covers and my audio setup, both of which are about 1.05 lakhs.

My question is, can I add these to my insurance policy now or do I have to wait for renewal ? Should a simple call to TATA AIG call center solve it ?

You can add electrical and non electrical accessories as endorsement anytime during the policy period.
Think once again about adding seat covers? What is the possibilty of seat covers getting damaged unless it is a theft of vehicle or total loss?

I insist on adding expensive accessories to the insurance coverage; an after-market stereo is a must-add as it's usually the most prone to theft. Losing your new ICE is bad enough, but having to splurge all over again is even worse. My Civic's ICE is covered in my policy. For some cars, I've even had the after-market alloy wheels added to insurance.

Yes, you can take additional coverage for the accessories right away (without waiting for the renewal date).

P.S. How about a thread on your audio system in our "Sound off & show off" section. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2725941)
I insist on adding expensive accessories to the insurance coverage; an after-market stereo is a must-add as it's usually the most prone to theft. Losing your new ICE is bad enough, but having to splurge all over again is even worse. My Civic's ICE is covered in my policy. For some cars, I've even had the after-market alloy wheels added to insurance.

Yes, you can take additional coverage for the accessories right away (without waiting for the renewal date).

P.S. How about a thread on your audio system in our "Sound off & show off" section. Thanks

GTO,

I agree on adding ICE since they are prone to theft and Alloys since damage is possible.

I am not convinced on adding seat covers.

Let me know your opinion

I had the same question so I went and asked Honda Assure.
They said its not allowed :(
I have close to 50K of accessories added.

Advice?

@mjumrani; You can dump Honda assure and go outside. Once the car is out of warranty then I see no real point in sticking with them.

Also, I will be loathe to add some accessories, which have a high theft rate, since a claim may end up costing me more in the loss of my NCB.

Thanks everyone for their views.

@ Marlon - Leather seat covers can get damaged/stained due to spillage of drinks/food etc. That's what I was thinking about. I am not sure if TATA AIG will agree to add this "accessory" to my insurance though.

@ GTO - Thread coming up soon. Got it done at Rhyme n Rhythm, Sachin was of great help.

@ sgiitk - Wouldn't you add ICE to insurance if you were me ? I mean is the loss of NCB worth more than the cost of ICE ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagles_ts (Post 2726708)
Thanks everyone for their views.

@ Marlon - Leather seat covers can get damaged/stained due to spillage of drinks/food etc. That's what I was thinking about. I am not sure if TATA AIG will agree to add this "accessory" to my insurance though.

Seat Covers would be added but Insurance will not cover you against spillage of drinks or food. Insurance would cover you against a peril which is accident or theft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2726389)
@mjumrani; You can dump Honda assure and go outside. Once the car is out of warranty then I see no real point in sticking with them.

Also, I will be loathe to add some accessories, which have a high theft rate, since a claim may end up costing me more in the loss of my NCB.

Warranty ends in 2015 and the current Insurance period ends in October '12.
Should I talk to Bajaj Allianz (The policy is under them)?