Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2012, 21:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

My car is insured with TATA AIG and is due for renewal on 24th of this month. I have been getting multiple calls from them from past 2 weeks but till date no one has come to collect my cheque which they promised to collect last week. Now I need to search their office and drop the cheque. I had a claim last year and the claiming process was hassle free. So sticking with them this year too.
Old 14th June 2012, 23:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata-AIG no longer want your business

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I received my renewal notice from them on the 27th May. I tried to renew on line and kept on getting an error message.
Ajmat, they have rectified their online renewal issue. I just now renewed my car's insurance in their website. Don't try entering your details in the fields which are present at the right hand side of the their home page, it doesn't work. Instead go to the motor insurance page directly (http://www.tataaiginsurance.in/taig/...ersonal/motor/) and you'll find a link for renewal. Click on it and you'll be taken to the page for entering your policy details. Before making payment, disable your browser's popup blocker. I tried in IE but somehow it didn't work even after turning off the popup blocker. Switched to Chrome and it worked.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 14th June 2012 at 23:57.
Old 15th June 2012, 09:12   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why waste time with useless, ill-trained customer service executives? Shop online and let insurance companies fight for your business. Check out this website the next time you want to buy / renew insurance. Would take only 5 minutes, and you can do it at 5 in the morning too
I normally would but I want to preserve my no claims discount and also Tata AIG claims settlement has been good.

I also like busting problems!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Before making payment, disable your browser's popup blocker. I tried in IE but somehow it didn't work even after turning off the popup blocker. Switched to Chrome and it worked.
That is good feedback!

To continue story

I got a call at 2 PM from one Rohit Agarwat who would personally resolve the issue. He also followed up with an email.

At 5 PM, he further responds that me policy has been renewed. However, I have not seen any debit activity from the credit card. The policy copy will be with me tomorrow.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 09:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I normally would but I want to preserve my no claims discount
To my knowledge, even if you transfer your policy to other insurer, the NCB can be preserved.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 09:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

While I was reading about this, I got a call yesterday from ICICI Lombard for my car insurance, just checking to see if my details are ok, and to advise that I can call on their toll-free number in case of any claims or for any support needed. This within 2 months of my purchasing the insurance. Quite good to see them just calling to check if Im ok.
Old 16th June 2012, 08:13   #21
BHPian

From my experience, I dont feel the customer has to be loyal to certain insurance company.
A small example: My TVS Wego come with Bharti AXA insurance, a year later I almost missed the renewal date. There was absolutely no communication from Bharti AXA regarding the renewal. Went thru their website and found that they dont have online renewals, only new purchases can be done online (same case of no longer wanting your business). Called up the toll free numbers, sent them an enquiry, yet no response. Hence decided to check the Bajaj's website (my car is insured by them), in a matter of couple of minutes was able to get a new insurance including NCB and the hard copy was delivered in a couple of days.
Old 20th June 2012, 15:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Strangely, I was trying to renew the insurance just this last week and had unbelievable problems while trying to do so, the same as you. The website was useless, the toll free number made me jump through hoops unnecessarily and the executive (when he called me back after about 3 days) offered me a premium that was Rs.1000 more expensive than the same quote I got from a third party.

I did go with TATA AIG eventually, but god, they made it seriously difficult to renew the policy! My other car is up for renewal next month, seriously considering not going to TATA AIG given the poor experience I just "enjoyed".
Old 20th June 2012, 15:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Did renew online with Tata AIG without a problem, you get to download the insurance certificate after the transaction goes through. But this was end last year.
Old 20th June 2012, 18:18   #24
BHPian

I tried renewing Tata AIG policy for one of my vehicle online yesterday, but every time I got an error that policy number is incorrect. I verified the policy number with the helpline as well but it still did not helped.

Surprisingly, when I keyed in Tata AIG policy details for my other vehicle(which I had recently renewed), it gave a proper notification that policy had already been renewed for this vehicle.
Old 6th May 2015, 01:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

I'm back with the age old problem of renewing Tata AIG insurance online. I want to renew the 4th year insurance of my car but unable to do it online. Wrote a mail to customer care explaining the problem in detail but got a reply asking me to explain the problem . No idea if they read my mail or not. Next they'll promise me to send someone to collect the cheque which they never did in last 4 years. I'm out of country and don't want my family members to run around them for renewal. I'll wait for few more days and will switch to a different company if they don't rectify their age old online renewal issue.
Old 7th November 2017, 10:57   #26
BHPian

Sorry for bumping up this old thread, but tataaig has one of the worst experience I had till date. I am not sure if their website is some kind of prank or really shit.

They ask my mobile/mail to send OTP, half the times OTP won't show up. In the rare cases that I get OTP, when I enter it in the website it throws an error asking me to enter valid OTP!!! (I tried this numerous times with various browsers/systems yesterday and today).

Couple of times I got past that process and entered the details of my car and when clicking next, I am shown an error page stating 'sorry nothing to show due to slow server response time'!!!

When I called the toll free number, I am told, 'sorry, something something, pleases try again later'.

Mine is not even renewal, I am trying to buy a new policy. Great first impression, way to go!!!!

Last edited by vjjustin : 7th November 2017 at 10:59.
Old 7th November 2017, 16:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Sorry for bumping up this old thread, but tataaig has one of the worst experience I had till date.
I am trying to buy a new policy. Great first impression, way to go!!!!
Any particular reason for choosing Tata AIG? There are lot many out there waiting for a business from you. Just check with which Insurance co does the workshop have a cashless tie up. Go to coverfox or Policybazaar and check the quotes (only for comparison purpose). Shortlist the Insurance co and go to their website and buy online. Unfortunately if you done the above and only Tata AIG fits the bill, then you need to select the next best alternative.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks