Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 21:42   #1
Team-BHP Support

Tata-AIG no longer want your business

I have been a loyal Tata-AIG customer for many years. In fact, I have 4 cars insured by them with a 5th one next year

I received my renewal notice from them on the 27th May. I tried to renew on line and kept on getting an error message. Around the 29th, I made a complaint and was assured that this would be resolved in 2 days.

June 1st came along and I tried again. Same problem!

June 3rd - Same problem

June 4th, I rang and I was told that someone will call me in 48 hours - no response

June 6th - Try website - nothing

June 9th - ring customer grievance number. They try to transfer me to the right section for credit card processing but that is busy (that has happened many times before). I am promised a return call in 2 hours.

After three hours, I get a call and I give my payment details

June 13th - Zilch, nothing, no activity on credit card.

I call again, nothing has happened, I now ask them to tell me how to get my no claims certificate since Tata AIG do not want my business. They tell me this is not the case and they only justheard about this website issue.

Imagine my plight X 10000 customers, they must really not be wanting my business.

I am promised a call back again - Here we go again.

I plan to visit a branch to get my NOC and end this nonsense

10 years and 7 cars later, it is time to bid adieu methinks

PS - Am about to write to Gaurav Garg the CEO and enclose this link
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 22:34   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
I have been a loyal Tata-AIG customer for many years. In fact, I have 4 cars insured by them with a 5th one next year

I received my renewal notice from them on the 27th May. I tried to renew on line and kept on getting an error message. Around the 29th, I made a complaint and was assured that this would be resolved in 2 days.

to get my no claims certificate since Tata AIG do not want my business. They tell me this is not the case and they only justheard about this website issue.

PS - Am about to write to Gaurav Garg the CEO and enclose this link
La la la. welcome to the club. Me too. Ive been a stalwart of theirs for more than 8-9 years and four separate cars.
With the Yeti I went as requested by Skoda, to Bajaj.
The Scorpio which I sold to my pal was still with AIG until last month. I guess, given the experience even he had with the Tata AIG boys whole trying to get a rear glass replaced, he would have by now changed to a nationalized player!
Must send gaurav a bye bye card which says toodle oo and pip pip to you me dear old chap, since you seem to be getting plenty iz elsewhere without having to bother with the regular blokes like us!
Old 13th June 2012, 23:01   #3
BHPian

Had the same hula loops with HDFC Ergo, just did not bother after a few calls. Renewed it with Bajaj Allianz, who were more than happy to increase the NCB and other discounts.
Old 13th June 2012, 23:09   #4
BHPian

Re: Tata-AIG no longer want your business

I too had a similar experience with another insurer, Bajaj Allianz. At the last minute I had to run around to get National Insurance to renew the insurance of my car. Bajaj gave no explanation. Good riddance. Time to boot out the "videshi" for their selective approach to business.

Going to the Ombudsman is not much help as his office is already overflowing with complaints.
Old 14th June 2012, 01:44   #5
BHPian

Disappointing to hear this about Tata AIG because they are my choice of car insurance guys too and the insurance is coming up for renewal in August. Have heard a lot of good things about them on this very forum. Hope they wake up and make up for this lousy attitude of theirs. Surprising, the number of companies going in this direction across all sectors.
Old 14th June 2012, 03:03   #6
BHPian

Wow.. Great News!!
Just when I renewed to TATA AIG this year from Bajaj Allianz who didn't call me to renew their policy. (My car's 2nd year insurance policy)
Bajaj didn't even call to remind me for renewing it whereas every other company in India started calling at least a month in Advance of the due date.

But anyway, TATA AIG was pretty prompt in calling me and following up with me.
Now after reading this I wonder what is in store for me!
I hope this was a one-off incident.
Old 14th June 2012, 10:29   #7
BHPian

Same experience here. Wanted to get AIG's plan for my small car and was just not able to contact them! Tried their website, call center lines, mails. Nothing worked for at least 15 days! Coincidentally, I managed to get a call from the regular 'insurance chahiye' call center blokes through whom I managed to get the insurance done.

It's surprising that such a large website and they don't have a MIS at the backend that works?
Old 14th June 2012, 11:59   #8
BHPian

I was using TATA-AIG auto insurance few years ago. At the end of the first year, I renewed the policy. In the following days I received the policy document in mail. To my horror, the address had changed to one in Chennai. I had to go through a lot of pain to get that corrected. Then to add on they repeated this at the end of the second year also.
Following that I moved to ICICI Lombard.
Old 14th June 2012, 12:17   #9
Team-BHP Support

Story so far - i got an Out of Office Message but a reference to his executive assistant. I forwarded the mail accordingly.

I got the following response today

Dear Mr. Matthew

This is with reference to your email addressed to our Managing Director. We wish to inform you that your complaint has been registered with us under Complaint Reference Number – XXXXXX. We are looking into the issue raised by you and we assure you that we shall respond back to you on priority. For our detailed grievance redressal policy kindly refer to the below

link:Tata AIG Customer Grievance Redressal Policy

Assuring you of our best services at all times. Ms. Anuja Aras
Complaints Resolution Unit
Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.022-66844444 – extension 4004
Old 14th June 2012, 12:37   #10
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

Welcome to India Ajit.

Even though foreign companies own 26% in the JV but none have the standards that of AIG, Chartis or Allianz.

After 3 days you should have walked into a branch, got it renewed and filled a complaint form. Its good that customer service is improving day by day but it will take few more years to be tolerable. Till then direct contact with the company might be painful and this is where its important to have relationship manager to take care of your insurance needs.

Last edited by F50 : 14th June 2012 at 12:39.
Old 14th June 2012, 12:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

How come? I get multiple marketing calls from them - maybe 4 or 5 calls a week. It started with a travel insurance I had taken for my friend, then I took a health insurance policy from them. They also tried to sell the auto insurance to me, but I chose to renew with my existing insurer.
Old 14th June 2012, 16:02   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Why waste time with useless, ill-trained customer service executives? Shop online and let insurance companies fight for your business. Check out this website the next time you want to buy / renew insurance. Would take only 5 minutes, and you can do it at 5 in the morning too
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 16:51   #13
BANNED

The response was a standard call centre automatic response.
Old 14th June 2012, 21:18   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why waste time with useless, ill-trained customer service executives? Shop online and let insurance companies fight for your business. Check out this website the next time you want to buy / renew insurance. Would take only 5 minutes, and you can do it at 5 in the morning too
But this again comes with its share of troubles. I searched for renewal options for my car last week and since then every general insurance company (except govt ones) has started calling and referencing my search at policybazaar.com. And policybazaar guys themselves called me with in 5 minutes of my search on the website and have been after my life to renew.

God it seems they sell the data to every company in the country. And to save their backsides, the website first prompts to verify your mobile number (by sending a code by SMS to your phone which needs to be entered on the website) or they don't give you the search results. And if your number is registered in DNC list, they make you accept the T&C to be called by them. Earlier you could give them a false mobile number and get your info but not any more. So be prepared for the barrage of phone calls and it don't matter if your number is in the DNC list.

I will never ever visit them again.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 14th June 2012 at 21:24.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 21:35   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
I too had a similar experience with another insurer, Bajaj Allianz
This is not true in my case. Their service has been really good to me all these years . Infact, this time, these guys in Bangalore suggested i renew the policy online this month when one of my cars was due for renewal. The policy was generated immediately and later received a card and policy manual by courier 4 days later.

Pretty easy online.

Most Viewed