Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2007, 19:49   #31

Hi all,
I paid around 16K (I guess so ) towards insurance for my new Swift. I guess the premium will be much less from the next yr onwards. I have some scratches on my car. I'm wondering if I should claim insurance to get it repaired. My worry is how much NCB will I be losing coz of that. Could you pls let me know if non-claim bonus=premium?!

Regrds,
Melody
Old 5th January 2007, 21:48   #32
BHPian

20% discount for NCB

I got a 20% discount for NCB . This year (2nd), i paid arnd 10 odd k for my swift insurance. Last yr in the first yr i had paid arnd 14k

Cheers
Ajay
Old 8th January 2007, 10:16   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
First of all contact your local dealer & he'll help you out with the Insurance formalities including informing the insurance company, organising the surveyor's visit, giving the estimate for repairs etc. That should help you out a lot.

1. No it doesn't make any difference tell them the way it happened.

2. No it does not have any impact as Indian policies do not have a clause saying that only the owner of the driver should be driving the car.

Also take into account that the bumper is a plastic part so the insurance company will only pay you 50% of the cost. If the claim amount is not too much then it would be preferable to get the repair done yourself and also claim No-Claims bonus.
Hi,
Thanks for ur extended help....
My father went to dealer on saturday.......He told that total cost of repair would be arnd Rs12000/-....he said that the bumper and head light are made of plastic so u will get only 50% and not more.....So it will cost us arnd Rs 6000/-...
Shld i go for insurance or not because i don't know how much would be the NCB i will be getting next year...
How do u calculate NCB?...any idea...
Old 10th January 2007, 05:45   #34
BANNED

Vipul.Sharma : Insurers reward policyholders for not making claims, by giving them a discount on the 'own damage' premium of up to 50 per cent, on a reducing balance basis, in future years

Year - Discount (%)
2 - 20
3 - 25
4 - 35
5 - 45
6 - 50

However, if you make a claim, you have to start all over again, from year 2 and also pay a mark-up in premium equivalent the discount you were earning. In fact, because of this 'back to square one' clause, it sometimes makes financial sense not to raise small claims. Look at it in a broader sense. Ideally, whenever your vehicle is damaged, get an estimate for the repairs, if the no-claim bonus you stand to forfeit in the forthcoming years exceeds the estimate, it makes sense not a raise a claim and instead pay for the damage yourself.
Old 10th January 2007, 08:54   #35

Thanks buddy.....i will be getting my car today......
Old 10th May 2007, 22:23   #36
BHPian

Hey guys.... i hv a few dents and scratches and a broken brake light on my 2 year old Baleno.... the insurance premium is due in July.... I had already made a couple of claims during the first year, but I havent done any during the current year... does it more sense to get the dents and scratches fixed without claiming or should i make a claim after i pay the 3rd year premium? Also, will all the dents and scratches be covered under a single claim?
Old 11th May 2007, 05:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
Also, will all the dents and scratches be covered under a single claim?
Nope... You can claim only if the dents and scratches have occoured in one accident... For Eg: If you have had an accident and the impact was on the left side of the vehicle...the insurance will pay for repairs of Left side only.. all your old dents and scratches from right side will not be covered..

Godfather
Old 15th July 2007, 11:49   #38
BHPian

same is the case here in tvm. just hand over the car to service center and they will do all the paperworks, no sign nothing and 500 rs compulsory payment is there. moreover once claimed yu can remove small scratches and all with the same insurance for that year without any additional payment. the insurer tied up with maruti here is national insurance.
Old 15th July 2007, 12:17   #39
BHPian

I had a freak accident which damaged my ALTO's left side last tuesday...I didnt have maruti insurance...and hence had to shift my car to another maruti authorised service station who have cashless fascility with my insurance company...as my dealer's workshop estimated bills of about Rs.30000/-....anyways I guess I'll have to pay Rs.500 policy excess and some charges for plastic parts....
Old 21st July 2007, 02:10   #40
BANNED

hey guys, maruti doesnt have there own insurance, they have a alliance with National insurance and Royal Sundaram. its just like any other insurance but, the good part is that its cash less for all the maruti service centers in india.
Old 21st July 2007, 02:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
hey guys, maruti doesnt have there own insurance, they have a alliance with National insurance and Royal Sundaram. its just like any other insurance but, the good part is that its cash less for all the maruti service centers in india.
thanks for telling dude but did u completely read this thread...
Old 25th July 2007, 09:51   #42
vinfriend

Hi guys! could you explain about 3rd party and comprehensive insurance policies for motor vehicles? Is it true that 3rd party insurance covers only upto Rs 6000/- compensation for property damage and unlimited for injuries to opposite party? If yes, Should we pay the amount exceeding Rs 6000/- from our pocket? Any difference in case of comprehensive insurance for damages to opposite party? Is it must to file a FIR to get compensation in case of Comprehensive policy? please help.

Old 28th November 2007, 06:10   #43
BANNED

Maruti Insurance now provides online policy renewal.

And this is a new site which is independent of http://www.marutiudyog.com/ domain name.

https://www.marutiinsurance.com/
Old 14th September 2008, 22:17   #44
BHPian

Reviving this old thread... my car insurance is due for renewal in oct.

Since last 1 yr, has anyone ever had any bad experiences with Maruti Insurance?

If not Maruti insurance, other 2 companies I've shortlisted are Reliance & Tata AIG. what do you guys suggest...stick with maruti or shift?

Regards,
Old 15th September 2008, 07:19   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Reviving this old thread... my car insurance is due for renewal in oct.

Since last 1 yr, has anyone ever had any bad experiences with Maruti Insurance?

If not Maruti insurance, other 2 companies I've shortlisted are Reliance & Tata AIG. what do you guys suggest...stick with maruti or shift?

Regards,
Don't worry. Just go ahead with Maruti Insurance. The overall experience is quite fine.

Most Viewed