Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 18:23   #61
nitin.dangayach

Nope. The IDV for TATA AIG is like 217000 and for ICICI Lombard, its 235000.

ANother update, got a quote of 6560/- from New India Insurance for the IDV of 235000 and no voluntary excess.

Also the dealer offered me coupons worth 600, if I opt for the Maruti Insurance. I can use those coupons against Wheel balancing and Wheel Alignment during my third service (dues this month) and will still be left with a washing coupon.

Old 11th August 2009, 18:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hmm New India Assurance if through Maruti Insurance sounds like the deal to choose.
Old 11th August 2009, 18:50   #63
nitin.dangayach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hmm New India Assurance if through Maruti Insurance sounds like the deal to choose.
Nope, its not through Maruti. I got that quote through Policybazaar.

Old 11th August 2009, 20:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Ask them if they offer cashless option & if yes then go for it
Old 24th November 2009, 23:48   #65
BHPian

Need some help here. I have booked a Ritz ZXi. The Maruti Insurance (Royal Sundaram) quote is ~13900/- with IDV @ 456000. I talked to Bajaj Allianz agent and he quoted ~12300/- with IDV @ 480000 (after lots of negotiations, no more juice left). Coverage for both the policies is same.

Looking at others experiences, it seems that Maruti Insurance is better. Bajaj Allianz has cashless tie up with every other Maruti dealer in Bangalore except mine (Pratham Motors) .

Insurance guy @dealer has promised to come back with some discount at least after talking to his boss. Let's see.

Per current quotes, should I go with BA or with RS?

EDIT: Guy @dealer told me that Maruti Insurance will cover 100% labor charges wherever Bajaj Allianz will cover only 75% of labor charges, rest 25% I have to pay from my pocket. Is this true?

Last edited by Gandhi : 24th November 2009 at 23:51.
Old 24th November 2009, 23:57   #66
BHPian

I have taken Maruti insurance for the last 4 years for my Alto and can vouch for it, You don't have to bother if you need to claim and brings a broad smile to the service person if you tell them that you have Maruti insurance, You don't need to pay a penny till the time the the repairs are done and then you just have to pay the difference. Overall, Peace of mind.
Old 25th November 2009, 09:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Need some help here. I have booked a Ritz ZXi. The Maruti Insurance (Royal Sundaram) quote is ~13900/- with IDV @ 456000. I talked to Bajaj Allianz agent and he quoted ~12300/- with IDV @ 480000 (after lots of negotiations, no more juice left). Coverage for both the policies is same.

Looking at others experiences, it seems that Maruti Insurance is better. Bajaj Allianz has cashless tie up with every other Maruti dealer in Bangalore except mine (Pratham Motors) .

Insurance guy @dealer has promised to come back with some discount at least after talking to his boss. Let's see.

Per current quotes, should I go with BA or with RS?

EDIT: Guy @dealer told me that Maruti Insurance will cover 100% labor charges wherever Bajaj Allianz will cover only 75% of labor charges, rest 25% I have to pay from my pocket. Is this true?
Dealer is laying 100% labor is paid by all the insurance company. If I am at your place I will go for Bajaj as they are the best in the business.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:13   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Dealer is laying 100% labor is paid by all the insurance company. If I am at your place I will go for Bajaj as they are the best in the business.
Can you please elaborate more on why is BA best in the business? Is this cost wise or service wise? Are other Insurance companies so bad (or BA is far beyond all others) that I see you recommending BA all over this forum. It will help me decide the Insurance vendor for my new car as I want best possible combination of cost and service.

I am just curious to know as to why is it better to take insurance from BA and let go excellent service from Maruti Insurance (as per experiences shared in this thread).
Old 25th November 2009, 15:21   #69
Senior - BHPian

I have been with Royal Sundaram Maruti insurance since last two years. Last week, the policy expired, and I opted for Bajaj Allianz. While my experience with RS has been good (made 2 claims in the 1st year with them), the IDV they quoted this year was pretty low and the premium high, when compared to BA. RS-Maruti also said they cannot change the IDV by even a paise and the premium was non-negotiable. Tried getting an independent quote from the RS office, but even after 3 calls, they did not bother to get back to me with their quotes. All this pissed me off, and I decided to go for BA this year. Saved on premium (after some bargaining), but will loose out on the service coupons from my MASS...

However what has pissed me off is that the agent promised to adjust the discount on security system by upping the cover for 5 passengers to Rs. 100,000 instead of 50,000 (on which the quote was based). This he has not done... as reflected in the policy. So whichever insurer it is, don't trust the agents much. If I go with BA again next year, I'll avoid this agent.

Last edited by Raccoon : 25th November 2009 at 15:27.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:39   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please elaborate more on why is BA best in the business? Is this cost wise or service wise? Are other Insurance companies so bad (or BA is far beyond all others) that I see you recommending BA all over this forum. It will help me decide the Insurance vendor for my new car as I want best possible combination of cost and service.
I am just curious to know as to why is it better to take insurance from BA and let go excellent service from Maruti Insurance (as per experiences shared in this thread).
I just need to tell you that they are NOT paying me for doing this.

But on serious notes there are lot of good things which need's to be known with them.

1. On the spot policy:- If you go to there branch along with the car and a cheque they can issue the policy on the spot and give you the hard copy.

2. Helpful in claim:- Even if you don't have have much knowledge on insurance or claim I have seen that they don't fool you in the claim.

3. Good in rates:- I have seen that they are very good in rates and discount.

4. Good IT:- Normally whenever you call them on toll free I think they don't miss any customer.

These are just the few examples of good things of BA. I have seen lot of good feedback from lot of T-Bhpins for BA also.

I have always said "All the Pvt. insurance companies are good. (except Icici and Ril)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
So whichever insurer it is, don't trust the agents much. If I go with BA again next year, I'll avoid this agent.
Well I never recommend you to do this thing. I always recommend to go with an GOOD agent as, if at all you need any help in your claim or in your policy related issues agent is always helpful. Catch some good agent instead of not getting hold of an agent.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Sure, but as I don't personally know any agent, I can only know after I have some experience with him. All I can do is avoid the same agent in future, if he pisses me off whatever way.

How would agent play a part for claims? I mean for eg. BA says it has cashless with my MASS. So I'd expect the MASS to take care of things after I give them the required documents and and signed claim form. At least thats how it worked with Royal Sundaram - Maruti. I guess only in case of theft or total loss claim, the agent might be helpful?
Old 1st December 2009, 14:42   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I just need to tell you that they are NOT paying me for doing this.

But on serious notes there are lot of good things which need's to be known with them...
Thanks for replying but you were bit late. RS matched the quote from BA (just 200 more than them) hence I went ahead with them because of Maruti Insurance advantage.

Thanks again for replying.
Old 1st December 2009, 15:51   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
How would agent play a part for claims? I mean for eg. BA says it has cashless with my MASS. So I'd expect the MASS to take care of things after I give them the required documents and and signed claim form. At least thats how it worked with Royal Sundaram - Maruti. I guess only in case of theft or total loss claim, the agent might be helpful?
He can do my job which I am doing on T-Bhp.

In case of total loss or theft agent is the most important link between you and insurance company, your job becomes much easy for understanding the requirements which is given by an insurer. In case if you choose an option of non-cashless then also agent can be helpful in getting your claim cleared from insurer.

Quote:
Thanks for replying but you were bit late. RS matched the quote from BA (just 200 more than them) hence I went ahead with them because of Maruti Insurance advantage.

Thanks again for replying.
That's absolutely fine sirji. Please get back to me if you need any help in case of any claim.

Thank you.
Old 1st December 2009, 22:08   #74
Senior - BHPian

Nice thread. It gives lots of useful hints about the insurance.I do favor Maruti insurance.Which has lots of advantages as mentioned in this thread.
Old 1st December 2009, 22:21   #75
Senior - BHPian

I have opted for Maruti Insurance for the last 4 years and have not had any problems thus far. Have made two claims in the last 4 years.

However, a strange thing happened this year when I was to renew my insurance. The quotes that I received from CARS and MSM were different and CARS was costlier. With MSM, in addition to the lower premium I also got the coupons for free water wash, wheel alignment and wheel balancing. Obviously, I chose MSM over CARS. I paid through my credit card which had a 2.5% cash back on insurance premiums.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks