Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2010, 21:22   #76
Senior - BHPian

The quotes that I received from CARS and MSM were different and CARS was costlier. With MSM, in addition to the lower premium I also got the coupons for free water wash, wheel alignment and wheel balancing. Obviously, I chose MSM over CARS. I paid through my credit card which had a 2.5% cash back on insurance premiums.[/quote]

Hi rr Zen,

I am with initial Maruti insurance from ABT, but claimed from MSM. There was no discrimination in MSM. As I bought the car from a good Sales executive, I have taken the Insurance with ABT. I was not aware of the difference. But I am happy with MSM service, so what ever difference may be, my next renewal will be with MSM Maruti Insurance.
Old 16th May 2010, 19:17   #77
Senior - BHPian

I too got my Alto's insurance renewed through MSM today. I actually went to get tyre rotation/alignment/balancing done, but learned they are offering it as well as water wash free if we renew insurance, so renewed my insurance (due for renewal on 23/6) on the spot.

I took my original policy (Bajaj Allianz) from ABT but availed claim from MSM easily. This time the renewed policy is Royal Sundaram. Paid Rs 6374 towards premium. In addition accepted a platinum policy offered by MSM for an additional Rs 3250 under which the depreciation component, in case of a claim, will be born by MSM. In addition I can avail a free water wash every month for 12 months.

I wish I don't ever have to make a claim, but intend to avail the water wash every month!
Old 17th May 2010, 09:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
intend to avail the water wash every month!
This is a good point. from where you got this deal?
Old 17th May 2010, 09:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
This is a good point. from where you got this deal?
From Maruti Service Masters, Chennai.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:24   #80
BHPian

I have heard that maruti insurance (not the tie-ups) is in process of shutting down as they do not have requisite authorization from IRDA. Even their website has gone bust
( Maruti Suzuki )

Any leads there?
Old 11th July 2010, 14:54   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseling View Post
I have heard that maruti insurance (not the tie-ups) is in process of shutting down as they do not have requisite authorization from IRDA. Even their website has gone bust
( Maruti Suzuki )

Any leads there?
Renewed my Maruti Insurance two days ago, but in the new policy certificate, there is no Maruti name; it's purely National Insurance only.
Old 12th July 2010, 22:18   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Renewed my Maruti Insurance two days ago, but in the new policy certificate, there is no Maruti name; it's purely National Insurance only.
Yeah, so it is like a normal tie up that maruti dealers have with icici and national
Old 16th July 2010, 21:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

In addition accepted a platinum policy offered by MSM for an additional Rs 3250 under which the depreciation component, in case of a claim, will be born by MSM. In addition I can avail a free water wash every month for 12 months.
I wish I don't ever have to make a claim, but intend to avail the water wash every month![/quote]

Dear Gansan,

Of course it is a good deal. I did wanted to avail the platinum or gold but the Kms ceiling is a disadvantage for me. My running is too much. With in 9 months 30K kms ran. Wish you enjoy the monthly wash with MSM.One more fan of MSM.
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:56   #84
BHPian

Hello people,

Is it true that Maruti Insurance is closing down?
I have my alto insurance due on 31 July.
Got two quotes:

HDFC ERGO premium 3150.
Maruti Insurance (National Insurance) premium 3710. But this is with free service coupon worth 600. Do theyactually provide it?

I will appreciate any advice on which one is better option ?
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:44   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
Hello people,

Got two quotes:

HDFC ERGO premium 3150.
Maruti Insurance (National Insurance) premium 3710. But this is with free service coupon worth 600. Do theyactually provide it?

Just take the insurance from any nationalised insurance co. which is having tie-up with your trusted dealer.
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:04   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
Hello people,

Got two quotes:

HDFC ERGO premium 3150.

Hdfc look's cheep but if your garage has a option (Cashless) of Bajaj go for that.
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:10   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Hdfc look's cheep but if your garage has a option (Cashless) of Bajaj go for that.
I put a callback request on Bajaj, Bharti and Tata.
Bharti and Tata Aig called back and they did not have cashless with my garage (Its a MASS). Bajaj did not call back (or maybe i missed their call).

When I read that bajaj seems to be most preffered over here. I tried contacting them again also.

I personally called up their no. 18002095858 twice yesterday and twice today. And i keep getting their 'you are in queue please wait' kind of msg. I pressed hash for call back yesterday evening but they havent called back as yet.
Dont want to call again and keep holding phone for so long without any answer. Dont know whats wrong with Bajaj. If they are so busy they should add more call centre people.
Old 30th July 2010, 11:08   #88
Senior - BHPian

I have a news from one of my friend that Maruti is planning to start their own insurance company. I will conform the same as soon as I get something in writing.
Old 30th July 2010, 13:01   #89
Senior - BHPian

Sharing my 2 cents of bad experience...
Refer to my recent service - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2003772

The MASS guys were frank in saying that the insurance sucks as the insurance tie up was with National Insurance. For the above service, they quoted 3 days to deliver the vehicle & that was with my payment. However, if I go in for Insurance, they said it would take a minimum of 12 days.

Quote:
I have a news from one of my friend that Maruti is planning to start their own insurance company.
Yes, I too heard from the MASS guys something on this. But not sure if Maruti is starting a new one or going to have a tieup with another insurance company. But they said, it can be realized from next year onwards.

Last edited by aargee : 30th July 2010 at 13:03.
Old 5th August 2010, 18:11   #90
Senior - BHPian

It is time to renew my insurance for the 2nd year. I am already with Maruti Cashless insurance tied up with New india insurance by the bealer. Now I am doing all my services with MSM and would like to shift my insurance also with MSm tie up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks