Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 23:59   #91
BANNED

Hey Guys

The Maruti dealer is asking 23K for new car insurance where as other agencies like HDFC Ergo is quoting 13K. but the problem is this - I see only a limited number of MASS centers that HDFC is tied up with. For example none in Arunachal or Andamans. This means either that

1. I will not get cashless facility if I need repairs in a location that has no tie-up
2. Towing charges upto 1500 offered in the T&C will not be refunded
Or (Horror )
3. Does it mean repair charges will not be covered in such a case? Because there will be no accident insurance surveyor in the state who is affiliated with HDFC?

Cause looking at the terms and conditions of both Royal Sundaram and HDFC, I am listing some problematic areas that need clarification:

Quote:
GENERAL EXCEPTIONS
(Applicable to all Sections of the Policy)
The Company shall not be liable under this Policy in respect of
1. any accidental loss or damage and/or liability caused sustained or incurred outside the geographical area;
What is this geography? In the case of HDFC, since they have not listed Arunachal, does it mean I cannot avail benefit of insurance when I am there and meet an accident? Or does it mean outside the geography of India?

Other T&C of interest include
Quote:
The Company shall not be liable to make any payment in respect of :-
(a) consequential loss, depreciation, wear and tear, mechanical or electrical breakdown, failures or breakages;
Now what is consequential loss ? How do we define it? What is the kind of breakage not covered by insurance?

Quote:
The insured may authorize the repair of the vehicle necessitated by damage for which the Company may be liable under this Policy provided that :
a) the estimated cost of such repair including replacements, if any, does not exceed Rs.500/-;
Now what are they saying? That the owner can only authorize repairs up to 500 independently without the requirement of a surveyor? Anything above that amount cannot be claimed unless surveyor approves?

I also see that the T&C of both companies are the same except for layout. Are these common T&C set by IRDA?

So the final question now is will I lose the benefits and convenience of country-wide facilities if I do not sign up with a default Maruti Insurer like Royal Sundaram and opt for HDFC?

Thanks

Last edited by Ragul : 30th October 2010 at 00:04.
Old 31st January 2011, 00:29   #92
BHPian

Re: How is Maruti Insurance ?

Is maruti insurance still operational? Website is down for one month. Several mails to customer care hasn't incurred any response. I have to renew insurance for my dzire and my sister's alto (both were with maruti insurance for two consecutive years with nice experience.). Please suggest.
Some news about some instruction from IRDA came in 2010, don't know anything about that of late though.
Old 31st January 2011, 01:42   #93
BHPian

Maruti Insurance is no longer available. Something to do with IRDA making it more strict for Maruti to have their own insurance product.

I switched over to Bajaj Allianz at the end of the policy term late last year.
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:18   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Advantage seems to be in the fact that a "Maruti" insurance will stand good, presumably in all the MASS across the country in theory. How true that turns out in practice is an entirely different matter.

They tie up with various insurance cos., and then based on the place from where you are purchasing the closest and the most suited one is taken in as the insurer for your car. However if you move out to a different part of the country you may find that the insurer is probably not so well suited for that place. There the dealer is probably taking the insurance through another partner. It may then turn out to be the same old problem for you.

In such a scenario it becomes the same as taking insurance through the preferred insurer for any car with whom all dealers have a cashless tie-up. You get the same facility as long as you stick to their service station. If you change places you have the same old problem. So you see, probably not much difference there.

Another important thing that one should note is whether the premium you will pay for a Maruti Insurance is the same as one that you get from outside. No organization does things for free. It is Maruti's way of increasing the revenue spread. You may find that the premium works out a couple of hundreds more.
Maruti is doing a tie up with an insurer and brands it as a Maruti insurance . However the tie up is not city based but based on the agreement by Maruti with the insurer. IRDA has banned auto majors from selling Insurance (out of window for-Maruti Insurance, Hyundai, Honda insurance so on). Given the huge customer database Maruti insurance tie up is effective and really worth the try.

btw:The premium i pay is cheaper than quoted by an individual insurance firm.
rgds
DP
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:11   #95
BHPian

Maruti insurance is very much available now. Got my Ritz '10 policy renewed over at Nexus.The premium came to about 6800/-.Last year the premium was 7900/- (Claimed NCB) .Need to go in the evening and collect the insurance papers.They also promised a free wash and general check up.
So, all in all I am a happy man
Old 10th April 2019, 17:47   #96
Senior - BHPian

Any recent reviews on Maruti Insurance ? I'm planning to purchase a new WagonR Lxi(O). I suppose all Maruti dealers go via Maruti Insurance which is essentially a broker ? They have tie ups with several insurers : https://www.marutiinsurance.com/Abou...Insurance.aspx

The dealer quote is about 22K whereas I'm getting a quote of 17K outside. The car is for my parents, so if the claims are hassle free I don't mind paying the extra 5K.
Old 10th April 2019, 18:35   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Any recent reviews on Maruti Insurance ? I'm planning to purchase a new WagonR Lxi(O). I suppose all Maruti dealers go via Maruti Insurance which is essentially a broker ? They have tie ups with several insurers : https://www.marutiinsurance.com/Abou...Insurance.aspx

The dealer quote is about 22K whereas I'm getting a quote of 17K outside. The car is for my parents, so if the claims are hassle free I don't mind paying the extra 5K.
Maruti Insurance is totally hassle free. My Maruti is 16 years old and is still covered under Maruti Insurance. Had to claim that a few times and it has been totally no-nonsense stuff. There can be good services offered by (direct) insurers too, I don't deny but you can't rule out a hit or a miss experience. The only downside with Maruti insurance is slightly higher premium, of course. If you are okay with that, it makes sense to go with it.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 10th April 2019 at 18:38.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 18:43   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Any recent reviews on Maruti Insurance ?
For both my cars I have always been renewing from Maruti Insurance only. While it is the 14th Year for the WagonR, For Ertiga its on 6th year.

Like Saket mentions, the renewal is hasslefree and you get to choose between the actual insurance partner that can be anyone like Royal Sundaram, Bajaj Allianz, Tata AIG and so on!!

I made just one claim for the WagonR in its 11th Year and it was still an easy one.

On the other hand, there would no bad experience of buying the insurance from outside because all of these providers are most likely to support cashless claims at most of the reputed and listed Maruti ASCs and Dealer Workshops across the country. When a claim takes place, the workshop in-charge would anyway call the surveyor representing the actual insurance provider.

Last edited by paragsachania : 10th April 2019 at 18:48.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks