Team-BHP - How is Maruti Insurance ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   How is Maruti Insurance ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/12428-how-maruti-insurance.html)

What is your opinion about Maruti Insurance ?

I've heard that Maruti is not providing the service but has tied up with Insurance Companies like Bajaj Allianz, National Insurance Company, Royal Sundaram and New India Assurance Co. Ltd. to provide better Insurance Services to its Customers. Is it true ?

So if Maruti is not providing the insurance service why can't the customers take the insurance directly from Insurance cos ?

And how is their Near Cash-Less accident repairs & Claim settlements ?

hmmm.. interesting topic bro... a few months back i had a small accident in my car (the driver was removing the car from the garage and scraped the vehicle on granite stones which caused the bumper to break)
I only had to leave the car at their authorised service station..with the insurance papers... no signing any docs or anything... the person at maruti asked me to come after 2 days and collect the car..
when i went there the bumper was fixed and painted to the car's color and all i had to do was pay the 50% plastic charges.. so the entire bumper + painting + labour costed me 800/- bucks...

no hassles.

go for it ....my friends brand new versa had an accident near krishnagiri when it rammed into a tanker ....the total damage was of 51k ,but as he had the maruti insurance ,he had to pay only 3k

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya
go for it ....my friends brand new versa had an accident near krishnagiri when it rammed into a tanker ....the total damage was of 51k ,but as he had the maruti insurance ,he had to pay only 3k

This is one of the better ways for the companies to provide good service to the customers.. hassle free insurance when other private companies make you run around for money and you'r car just stands for days in the garage un attended to till the damage inspector has some free time to come and inspect the vehicle.

I think other car makers/dealers should also go in for this kind of insurance.. at least we will have peace of mind.

take care

From the two experiences quoted, I think it makes immense sense to go for "Maruti" insurance.

GTO

Advantage seems to be in the fact that a "Maruti" insurance will stand good, presumably in all the MASS across the country in theory. How true that turns out in practice is an entirely different matter.

They tie up with various insurance cos., and then based on the place from where you are purchasing the closest and the most suited one is taken in as the insurer for your car. However if you move out to a different part of the country you may find that the insurer is probably not so well suited for that place. There the dealer is probably taking the insurance through another partner. It may then turn out to be the same old problem for you.

In such a scenario it becomes the same as taking insurance through the preferred insurer for any car with whom all dealers have a cashless tie-up. You get the same facility as long as you stick to their service station. If you change places you have the same old problem. So you see, probably not much difference there.

Another important thing that one should note is whether the premium you will pay for a Maruti Insurance is the same as one that you get from outside. No organization does things for free. It is Maruti's way of increasing the revenue spread. You may find that the premium works out a couple of hundreds more.

I have had Maruti insurance since last year. The only issue is that while other competing insurers called me to remind me about renewing my insurance, the Maruti guys never bothered. I had to call them up and ask for my cheque to be picked up.
Apart from this, I have never had to claim, so no further experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabuddhadg
The only issue is that while other competing insurers called me to remind me about renewing my insurance, the Maruti guys never bothered. I had to call them up and ask for my cheque to be picked up.

This is again dependent on the dealer. I had experience with a couple of dealers and both were prompt in sending the reminders. Try changing your dealer.

Cheers

We've never taken insurance from Maruti... and don't plan to ...

The cashless arrangement needs to exist between the Insurance company and the dealer.... so if it does... you would get cashless service.

I got a windscreen changed from windscreen experts .. on a cashless basis of a non-maruti insurance.

never had an accicent experience with my zen(touchwood), so dont know how good maruti insurance is...but they are really fast and promp is what i've heard! Also the IDV was better than what bajaj alliance quoted and that too with a lower premium...good job maruti!

Guys ,
Maruti Insurance is good , but so is any other insurance company who is offering cash less repairs .
the only problem comes when you have more than one claim in a year , then they hike up your insurance premium . however in the case of Nationalised companies these problems are not there .
so take your pick guys ....

I have comprehensive Maruti Insurance on both my Esteem as well as the Baleno and after having read the posts here praising Maruti Insurance, i am only more happy to have made the right choice..

Cheers

In Maruti website, they have quoted that there will be no change in the premium amount when compared to other insurers because Motor Insurance is a Tariff Insurance Product, which means the premium has to be same for all Companies, provided they offer the same cover.

The premium rates can differ only when there are some exclusion in the Cover.

So it makes sense to go for Maruti Insurance whenever possible, Right ?

Opinions invited...

I have had a positive experience too.. there was a freak accident that resulted in a 4" (length) X 2" (width) by 0.25" depth dent that appeared on my WagonR (on the bonnet).. a series of cars all came to a screeching halt on Bangalore's airport road when a kid ran across.. and almost every car rammed into the car in front.. ending up with minor bumper/bonnet damages..

When I went to the service center, they took a detailed statement and asked me to leave with a promise that the car would be delivered in 3-4 days..

I think I paid abt 700 from my pocket.. the bonnet was replaced and the car was ready as promised.. (the total cost estimate was around 5-7K I think.. don't remember the exact value as it happened over 2 years ago)

Thought that was amazing.. No calling up/following up required and I did not have to lodge an FIR either (since no human/animal was injured)..

And they are "kind of" competitive..

I was seriously contemplating moving to some other insurance.. and negotiating for a discount on their insurance charge.. and eventually, when the insurance sales man was pushed against the wall, the pulled a new trick..

He asks me.. "Sir, do you have any central locking installed in your vehicle?" I said yes.. and he says.. "OK.. I can offer an additional Rs.500 discount"..

They come over to your home/workplace to collect the insurance check and have forgotten to remind me only once in the last three years..

[SIZE=2]A friend of mine owns an Esteem and honestly has been banging it quite often, though it was not his faulty entirely all the time. The point is that "Maruti" Insurance has always provided the best assistance all the time (4 times in a year now!!!). It certainly has been hassle free and lot better than "Cholamandalam" that I have on my vehicle.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Go for it dude... [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]