Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2012, 18:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

HDFC Ergo rolls out add on Motor cover

HDFC Ergo introduced a new add on cover for the motor insurance which provides a monsoon special feature for customers. Termed the gear box protector, this add on cover is offered for the consequential damage to internal child parts of engine and/or gear box of the insured vehicle caused by water ingress or leakage of lubricating oil and/or damage to engine and/or gear box of the insured vehicle. This is offered in the platinum plan along with the other add on covers like zero dep, NCB protection etc. The new add on cover comes with certain obligations and conditions which the insured vehicle owner needs to adhere to.
Details in the attached pdf document.

Any BHPians talking to HDFC for their vehicle insurance/renewals aware of this or made aware by the sales team?. Any one taken this add on cover? Do post your views of same. This ad on cover was not available atleast last year when I was in the insurance renewal process.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Platinum plan add on policy wording.pdf (21.1 KB, 702 views)
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 16:05   #2
F50
Senior - BHPian

Re: HDFC Ergo rolls out add on Motor cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Any BHPians talking to HDFC for their vehicle insurance/renewals aware of this or made aware by the sales team?. Any one taken this add on cover? Do post your views of same. This ad on cover was not available atleast last year when I was in the insurance renewal process.
This plan is still awaiting approval from IRDA. As far as I know, no official mail has been sent out by HDFC Ergo to employees or intermediaries.

I could be wrong.
Old 10th August 2012, 16:12   #3
BHPian

The Obligations in the plan look tough to maintain,that is not trying to move the vehicle till a spot survey is done.Don't think the cops will allow a vehicle to block traffic pending survey.
Old 11th August 2012, 00:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

I called up HDFC call center. Agent has no clue about the product.

If anyone was able to take this cover, please share details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks