Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Toyota Access Finance Scheme. Good for India?
Yes, such schemes MUST be introduced here for the benefit of all. 11 91.67%
No, such schemes will add to pollution, traffic woes and consumerism. 0 0%
It will not make any significant difference to the country's market. 0 0%
I do not know the repercussions of such schemes. 1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2012, 15:29   #1
BANNED

Toyota Access Finance Scheme.: Doable in India?

I was sent this video about Toyota's new finance scheme called "Toyota Access" which, I feel is very interesting and bring down the cost of purchase and ownership of a car manifold and encourage 2 wheeler buyers to buy cars and car buyers to buy cars from a higher segment than they can presently afford.

Take a look:

I was wondering if such a scheme is possible to in India, and the pros and cons of it thereof. My views:

1. It will certainly help increase car sales significantly.
2. It will promote the sale of safer and more expensive cars.
3. It will decrease the re sale value of pre owned cars.
4. It will, on the negative side, promote consumption, may hike fuel prices and increase pollution and traffic congestion levels.

What do you folks think?
Old 3rd November 2012, 17:13   #2
gemi_kk

Re: Toyota Access Finance Scheme.: Doable in India?

Sorry for posting an OT point.

Many of us would we in office. and there would be some internets, where Youtube is banned It would be great, if you could write something about this finance and other stuff. few lines would provide the gist of the video. Thanks.

Mods: Please feel free to delete it, if you feel this post is irrelevant.
  (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 18:01   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
It would be great, if you could write something about this finance and other stuff. few lines would provide the gist of the video.
Here is the gist:
1. Customer chooses the car that he/she wants to buy.
2. Customer then decides the number of years he/she wants to keep this car.
3. Customer decides the number of kilometers he/she would run the car.

On the basis of the above decisions, Toyota draws up a finance scheme which:

1. Calculates the value of the car after the period that the customer plans to return the car and ASSURES/Guarantees him/her of the buy back value.

2. Toyota then deducts this value from the value of the new car which becomes the customer's loan amount.

3. This loan amount is then split into down payment and EMIs based on the general interest rates prevailing in the market.

4. The customer also has the option of continuing with the current car by paying the remaining amount, surrendering the car or upgrading or downgrading the car depending upon his/her wish.
Old 3rd November 2012, 19:26   #4
BHPian

So, basically as I understand its nothing but a car lease program akin to BMW Lease or Mercedes Star Lease in India. Experts can guide more.

Is this program being launched in India by Toyota?.

Related Articles : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...etter-you.html

Mercedes Star Lease: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ase-india.html
Old 3rd November 2012, 19:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

This makes perfect sense to people who needs a better car, but cannot afford one.

Let us take an example of a car costing 10L OTR. You give a preference of using the car for 3 years and for 40000kms. Based on these numbers, lets say the residual value of your car will be around 5L.
Toyota will reduce this amount from the OTR and given that you pay a deposit of 1L, your loan amount will be 4L for 3 years and for that the EMI would be approximately 13K per month at 12% ROI (which would otherwise be an amount of 29K per month considering a loan amount of 9L at 12% ROI).
After using the car for 3 years, you have the option to continue the car by paying the residual value i.e 5L or upgrade or downgrade depending on your wish.
So for an EMI of 13K, you can buy a better car compared to what you can afford.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 3rd November 2012, 20:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
3. This loan amount is then split into down payment and EMIs based on the general interest rates prevailing in the market.
Are you sure about this ? I think the so called tailor made payment rates would be a lot more than general interest in the market.

In a fast changing auto sector like india, 5 yrs is considered a risk for the resale value of the cars by manufacturer. 10L SUVs which enjoyed no competition suddenly feel the heat with one duster. Hence, the guaranteed future rate will be ridiculously low because the people who decide future rate based on condition,wear & tear are the dealers themselves. We all know what rates they buy back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
This makes perfect sense to people who needs a better car, but cannot afford one.
How are you sure that the 10L car will be valued at 5L. For example , sx4. Now lets say you want to pick up a swift. Why would maruti sell you one at half or 1/4 of its value and make less profit when it cannot meet the demand in the market ?

Last edited by blackbeast : 3rd November 2012 at 20:46.
Old 3rd November 2012, 20:59   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Here is the gist:
1. Customer chooses the car that he/she wants to buy.
2. Customer then decides the number of years he/she wants to keep this car.
3. Customer decides the number of kilometers he/she would run the car.

How is this different from a lease?

The only advantage of leasing is that it helps you drive a car which is more expensive that what you can afford. But from a financial point of view it actually makes no sense for an individual doing it out of his own money.
Old 3rd November 2012, 21:04   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Are you sure about this ? I think the so called tailor made payment rates would be a lot more than general interest in the market.

In a fast changing auto sector like india, 5 yrs is considered a risk for the resale value of the cars by manufacturer. 10L SUVs which enjoyed no competition suddenly feel the heat with one duster. Hence, the guaranteed future rate will be ridiculously low because the people who decide future rate based on condition,wear & tear are the dealers themselves. We all know what rates they buy back.
Precisely Vijay, it is points like these that need to be deliberated upon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How is this different from a lease?
Dunno, that is what I m trying to find out.
Old 3rd November 2012, 21:52   #9
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post

Let us take an example of a car costing 10L OTR. You give a preference of using the car for 3 years and for 40000kms. Based on these numbers, lets say the residual value of your car will be around 5L.
Toyota will reduce this amount from the OTR and given that you pay a deposit of 1L, your loan amount will be 4L for 3 years and for that the EMI would be approximately 13K per month at 12% ROI (which would otherwise be an amount of 29K per month considering a loan amount of 9L at 12% ROI).
After using the car for 3 years, you have the option to continue the car by paying the residual value i.e 5L or upgrade or downgrade depending on your wish.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
WOW!! You are Spot On.

This is the lease plan, which exists already.
This suits the people who are passionate drivers. Like US

We know, what would be the life of a MJD or JTD or TDI, in most of the cases. We discuss, share, learn and then we take decisions based on our knowledge.
We drive cars passionately rather than point A to Point B.
What would be the case of a mango man (Common Man) ?

I have seen at least 25-30 Alto's which hardly run 300-500 KMs per month. Why does such a customer would expect this plan? Most of the common people want to keep the car personal (we are more sentimental). They prefer to sell it when they do not want it, rather than regularly upgrading the cars.

This is more of western mentality, The reasons are as follows.
The major reason being, Westerners can afford Passat/Jetta/A4/BMW/Mercedes. Their average take home salary per annum would at least be 45K USD/ 35K pounds/ 45K Euros. These cars cost almost their one year salary. Such a car could be afforded in a span of 5-7 years. Which is quite possible.
The other reason being Fuel Expenses. Cost of fuel in india is damn expensive. Exception being diesel, which would reach petrol in couple of years.
The third major important reason being TAX. On a car which costs 5.8 L on road (I20 petrol Magna) The actual car cost is 3.9L and a tax of 90 K on ex-showroom. On ex showroom, there is another 80K tax in the form of Life tax. Effectively the customer is being ripped.

All in all, it wont be a huge hit in india. May be after 5 - 10 years down the line. i personally wouldn't prefer these sorts of plans.

Old 21st December 2012, 23:50   #10
BHPian

Is this scheme coming to India? If not, who are the leasing companies helping self-employed people like me to get the car of their choice? Is there any company present in Bhubaneswar (Odisha)? Can I get the contact details?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks