Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Getting rid of a Total Loss Car. Paperwork, Insurance formalities etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Since your car was taken over fully by the insurance company under total loss, they would have made the Indemnity and Subrogation on a stamp paper stating that your rights or liabilities over the car have been taken over by the insurance company. Hence you will not be in any kind of trouble as your ownership rights have been taken over by the insurance company by paying you the claim amount.

BTW how do you know that the new owner of the car has not changed the name ? (The vahaan sms is not that accurate in my opinion.)
Yes they made a stamp paper with Subrogation clause in it. When I check on the RTO website it still shows my name against the car number. Thats how I know the new owner has not changed name.

Thanks,
RS
Old 4th May 2018, 15:55   #17
BHPian

Re: Getting rid of a Total Loss Car. Paperwork, Insurance formalities etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronline View Post
Yes they made a stamp paper with Subrogation clause in it. When I check on the RTO website it still shows my name against the car number. Thats how I know the new owner has not changed name.

Thanks,
RS
Not to worry at all. The Indemnity and Subrogation documents are proof enough to save you from any kind of future troubles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks