Team-BHP - Your Motor Vehicle Insurance Data now available online
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Your Motor Vehicle Insurance Data now available online (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/149157-your-motor-vehicle-insurance-data-now-available-online.html)

The Insurance Information Bureau (IIB) have digitized records for vehicle insurance online since 01/04/2010. In event of an accident or for general purpose information of your vehicle insurance, all you need to do is enter a few details on IIB's website and an SMS is sent almost immediately to your mobile phone. The same information is also copied over an email to the address you provide.

About IIB:

IIB was formed in October 2009 via an executive order of the chairman of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) of India. IIB holds a data repository of insurance information for life insurance, motor insurance, health insurance, etc.

Website URL: Link

Search Portal for vehicle insurance: Link

As per IRDA website:

Quote:

In case you are an unfortunate victim of any road accident and do not know the insurance details of the vehicle responsible for accident towards lodging a claim with the concerned insurer, you can furnish some basic information such as details of accident, Registration no. of vehicle etc., in the web portal of Insurance Information Bureau (created by IRDA) under the head “Vehicle Insurance Status Search”and find out the insurance status.

Note: A maximum of 3 searches can be performed for a given mobile number and email. :)

A self explanatory and simple form to fetch your vehicle insurance information:

Your Motor Vehicle Insurance Data now available online-iib.jpg

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Insurance Section. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 3395086)
In event of an accident or for general purpose information of your vehicle insurance, all you need to do is enter a few details on IIB's website and an SMS is sent almost immediately to your mobile phone. The same information is also copied over an email to the address you provide.

The Accident date is a mandatory field here! So, how do I search for my insurance record when there are no claims? Is it possible? please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganeshsp (Post 3395877)
The Accident date is a mandatory field here! So, how do I search for my insurance record when there are no claims? Is it possible? please:

Put any random date from the past. That works.

Great initiative :thumbs up. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 3395086)
Note: A maximum of 3 searches can be performed for a given mobile number and email. :)

Is the above restriction for a browser session? meaning one can reconnect to the web server after some time and again perform 3 searches? Or is it an absolute limit?

I feel, this restriction is limiting the usability of this wonderful tool esp. if it is an absolute limit. Can you please throw some light?

Does it give the details of the accident? I tried entering the details, the message came to my mobile almost immediately as mentioned, but it shows the details of the insurance and other details that we already know. Am I missing something here?

^^ Its not about own motor insurace , that everyone knows. If unfortunately someone is involved in an accident and they need to get the insurance details of other vehichle then this will help in handy for claims. ie, Claims by third party.

While it seems like a good initiative, it seems with lot of ifs/buts.

Primarily it seems very insecure to let out such information to any and all without any authentication on who is asking.

What if somebody mischievous wants to take advantage of the insurance details to claim TP Claims on any third vehicle just claiming it was involved in an accident with such a vehicle? It can be any vehicle on road having known the name of owner and registration number without any involvement in the concerned accident.

I sincerely hope there is more to this than blindly retrieving the insurance information by anybody of any vehicle, otherwise, this could just become a fullproof way of creating mischief and getting away with it.

If there is is fullproof safety to the information it is not coming out clearly here, also have not been able to go through the rest of the site in detail to understand anything about it.

Looks good, but getting a 500 internal server error