Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2006, 13:02   #1
BHPian

Kotak Mahindra Bank - Acting Funny

We had got our car financed from Kotak Mahindra Bank in 2004. Now at the end of the term, they have all messed up themselves. One end they are sending us a pre-approved loan to buy another car and on the other end, they are not willing to release the NOC for the car purchased 2 years back because the first 2 emi's bounced from the bank as per their records.

After submitting account transaction history and the original payment schedule which match perfectly without any sign of delay or cheque bounce. Kotak hasn't been responding, it's now been little over 2 weeks.

Any suggestions?
Old 14th July 2006, 15:31   #2
BHPian

With my HDFC experience, they take around a months time to release NOC. My HDFC noc came home after 5 weeks of clearing loan.

Check with the office about whats their lead time for sending an noc.
Old 14th July 2006, 16:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Prabh,
Tell them you take them to consumer court..thats the only way to make them buckle up..iff your finances have been in order..

Also, another option is to enquire / proceed witht he new loan and tell them about your existing problem. Tell them you will proceed with the new term loan after the existing NOC is released...

The Consumer is always the KING!!
Old 19th July 2006, 17:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

There is actually no use talking to them over phone or showing documents etc...the best way to handle these leeches is to put each & everything in writing, which will help u if & when u want to visit the consumer forum. and they are bound to give a proper reply to your letters. attach all the supporting documents & send a letter by Regd Post Ack due.
Old 20th July 2006, 12:47   #5
BHPian

You can complain to banking ombudsman, for any complain related to banks, appointed by rbi.
eamil:bomumbai@rbi.org.in
send a copy of the mail to the branch manger, see the difference once you say "I have complained to BAnking Ombudsman" in their attitude.

Hope your issue gets sorted out.

Cheers

MAjor
p.s.I work with a Bank, no its not Kotak.
Old 26th July 2006, 12:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by major
You can complain to banking ombudsman, for any complain related to banks, appointed by rbi.
eamil:bomumbai@rbi.org.in
send a copy of the mail to the branch manger, see the difference once you say "I have complained to BAnking Ombudsman" in their attitude.

Hope your issue gets sorted out.

Cheers

MAjor
p.s.I work with a Bank, no its not Kotak.
better move...that will get them to sort out ur problems soon...ombudsman is the magic word in banking these days...i did it once with a credit card company..
Old 9th August 2006, 19:01   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
The Consumer is always the KING!!
Says who ? Not as yet, atleast.

As of now you can't go to the Consumer Forum. You will have to show sufficient cause as to why action should be taken against them. For that you will have to write to them giving all facts along with bank details or any other document that shows their error. Your letter must state that if they do not respond to your letter within a weeks time, then you shall be forced to take legal action.

I personally feel that all this wouldn't be neccessary. Just visit their local office and things would be settled in a jiffy.

So long....
Old 10th August 2006, 00:31   #8
BHPian

Well things didn't had to go far with the email, but that's for the input. It helps. They have finally given us the NOC, giving us reasons that they did not have the registration details!!! now beat that! And, they want us to take another loan from them !

Now I am fighting Standard Chartered for another banking problem, here's a note = never rent your house to them!

Thanks for all the help!
Old 10th August 2006, 09:01   #9
BHPian

Alls well that ends well

Quote:
quote=Prabh]Well things didn't had to go far with the email, but that's for the input. It helps. They have finally given us the NOC, giving us reasons that they did not have the registration details!!! now beat that! And, they want us to take another loan from them !

Now I am fighting Standard Chartered for another banking problem, here's a note = never rent your house to them!

Thanks for all the help!
Nice to hear that the problem has been sorted out. My personal experience with them has been trouble-free so far. I have visited their office a couple of times and noticed their work culture a lot better than many other MNC banks, who just don't bother about their borrowers. Their cheque bounce charges and loan foreclosure interest are the lowest in the market other than the Nationalised Banks.

So long....

Last edited by normally_crazy : 12th August 2006 at 14:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks