Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2006, 16:00   #1
BHPian

Insurance claim .. help pls

Need prompt suggestion ...

A scooter rammed into my Santro's driver side door and Hyndai people are quoting 6K for the door + 2K for painting it.

My car is 2.5 years old ... i need to know how much claim can i get in this case for an expense of 8K.
Please pour in your experienced suggestions as this is my first instance wherein i need claim.
Moreover are these quotes fine ?
Thanks !!
Old 17th August 2006, 16:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit
Need prompt suggestion ...

A scooter rammed into my Santro's driver side door and Hyndai people are quoting 6K for the door + 2K for painting it.

My car is 2.5 years old ... i need to know how much claim can i get in this case for an expense of 8K.
Please pour in your experienced suggestions as this is my first instance wherein i need claim.
Moreover are these quotes fine ?
Thanks !!
if u claim insurance, u will lose the NCB on ur claim, so i dont think it is a wise idea to claim insurance for a small amount.
Old 17th August 2006, 16:52   #3
BHPian

are u referring to No Claim Bonus .. but in a premium of 8000/- how much NCB will i loose on when i get my car insured the next year ?

Pls advice as i am unaware in this regard.
Old 17th August 2006, 16:58   #4
Team-BHP Support

The insurance will cover 100% of painting and labour costs and I think 80%-85% of the cost of the door as the car is 2.5 years old.

Don't worry about losing your NCB as your NCB would not be as high as the repair cost.
Old 17th August 2006, 17:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit
are u referring to No Claim Bonus .. but in a premium of 8000/- how much NCB will i loose on when i get my car insured the next year ?

Pls advice as i am unaware in this regard.
check ur claim to see what amount is subtracted from your premium as no claim bonus...if thats a meagre sum, go ahead & claim insurance, else desist. u will have to wait a couple of years before u can get NCB again. till then u will have to pay full premium and they may even revise ur premium 'cos of the claim.... dude, i am not an expert....just what i heard from friends in the insurance business & my personal experiences.

btw, which insurance co is urs ???
Old 17th August 2006, 17:06   #6
BHPian

u will get full for painting and 25% less for metal, 50% for plastic, rubber, electrical
Old 17th August 2006, 17:07   #7
Team-BHP Support

Read through this thread on Insurance. It will answer a lot of your queries.

Insurance is taken to cover costs such as this. Not claiming insurance for a large amount with the hope that you will not loose your NCB is a risk. If you have another accident during the year where you may have to claim insurance, you would then have lost the Rs.8,000 you paid out of your pocket for these repairs.

You need to see how much your insurance premium is now and figure out how high it will go next year and see whether its worth it. However, I am pretty sure that it would make more sense to make the claim now, as the premium on a 2.5 year old Santro would not really be very high.

Last edited by Rtech : 17th August 2006 at 17:11.
Old 17th August 2006, 17:27   #8
BHPian

My car is insured by tata aig

How good are they in geting claims ?

Thanks for your inputs guys !!

Going home and will check whats the status as my Dad is dealing with these insurance guys.
Old 17th August 2006, 17:45   #9
BHPian

Please do not worry about NCB, go ahead and make the claim, as far as the cost is concerned 2K to paint just the door seems pretty high, and the door cost I think should be in the range of 5 to 6k depends on what other components are being replaced.
Old 18th August 2006, 09:01   #10
BHPian

As per my experience, I see that this is very expensive as they have quoted 8K for the Job. Do they mean that you would have to pay 8K after the insurance claim or the the job would be done for 8K and you would pay the remaining amount?

Since I had a similar expierence with my car where the front windscreen piller got completely damaged while negociating a turn and hit a lorry. During that time to get the painting done as well as all other remaining work I had to pay a meagre 3.5 K.
Old 27th August 2006, 14:43   #11
BHPian

Just to update you all that got my Santro fixed and delivered on Monday.

Total bill was 11K and we paid 1700 out of it.

ya the paint charges are high but confirmed its the same with other dealers too ( 3.5k for door paint + 6k for door).

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 30th August 2006, 11:58   #12
BHPian

Namit,

How's the paint finish on your door? Can you tell that the door has been repainted?

Normally, with metallic paint, the cost is around Rs. 1500 odd for repainting 1 panel (door is considered 1 panel) ... so if you have paid double that, does that at least give you a "factory" finish?

- T u r b o C -
Old 30th August 2006, 12:16   #13
Team-BHP Support

Tata AIG are pretty good in honouring claims. My car got rammed by an 800 long time back.
It was very smooth dealing with them.
If your door is not replaced(The insurance guys usually convince service center to do denting painting instead of replacement) you will pay 500rs+ taxes.
Old 6th April 2009, 20:24   #14
BANNED

Tata AIG are pretty good

Yes, I remember claiming when i had the tata Aig for M800. I think i claimed around 3-4 times i a year. they are pretty good in honouring claims. But i remember changing to Maruti insurance after all those claims. Just to be safe

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th April 2009 at 20:26. Reason: Readability, please leave a space after. and, Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks