Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 22:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Insurance Policy: Soft copy enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik2772 View Post
The insurance policy from 'HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd.' was chosen on 13.05.2015. The payment of premium was done on 13.05.2015. He was promised a hardcopy of the insurance papers in some time. It has been almost 2 months and he hasn't received any information from either Policy Bazaar or HDFC Ergo, except some confirmation mails and a softcopy.
All my vehicles have insurance from HDFC Ergo, however I renew direct from their website.

I just carry a print out of the PDF which will be sent to your email address when the payment is done.

In couple of cases I haven't carried the hard copy, I have shown the PDF from my phone to the cops and they let me go.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 03:48   #17
BHPian

I have only used print-outs of soft copies received by email from insurance companies in the last 2 years. I have also experienced one accident in March 2015 and the print-out of the insurance helped me throughout the claim procedure. (the company was Bharti Axa) needless to mention, the soft copy was preserved in the email itself and that helped additionally during the claim procedure.

I was caught for checking by traffic police in Delhi multiple times, Jaipur once, once at Hubli-Dharwad and multiple times in Pune. Print out of a soft copy makes no difference at all as long the car number, expiry date and policy numbers are visible to the clear eye.
ameyawaghmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 11:42   #18
BHPian

Small UPDATE:

My friend received the hardcopy from HDFC ERGO yesterday. They called to confirm the receipt of hardcopy and apologized for the trouble caused.

OT: I need to get the insurance done for my Pajero next month. Should I get the policy from portals like policy bazaar or online through respective insurance provider sites or offline?
Old 29th July 2015, 03:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik2772 View Post
Small UPDATE:

My friend received the hardcopy from HDFC ERGO yesterday. They called to confirm the receipt of hardcopy and apologized for the trouble caused.

OT: I need to get the insurance done for my Pajero next month. Should I get the policy from portals like policy bazaar or online through respective insurance provider sites or offline?
i) if you try PolicyBazaar, please refer to any of my earlier posts where I could get a really cheap deal this year in March.
ii) Insurance company website - no idea about this one. I guess sites like PolicyBazaar aggregate information from these sites. I am not clear about the the entire process so I'll no idea.
iii) Offline - Any personal connections in the auto insurance space, especially those on the side of sales? I see no advantage here if you do not get bargaining power. Maybe, you can randomly quote that,'online you company is giving insurance cheaper at xyz Rs., why costlier here?' etc. This age-old technique should surely work.
Old 29th July 2015, 08:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyawaghmare View Post
i) if you try PolicyBazaar, please refer to any of my earlier posts where I could get a really cheap deal this year in March.
ii) Insurance company website - no idea about this one. I guess sites like PolicyBazaar aggregate information from these sites. I am not clear about the the entire process so I'll no idea.
I would suggest not to rely on the online comparison websites for buying policy through them. They are best to be used for quote comparison only. I have had a few friends of mine who bought policies from the online comparators and found gross differences is the policy offered by them and the Insurance co. Finally the online comparators had to refund the insurance premium and my friends had to buy fresh insurance policies again. This has been the case typically with the newer players for whom these comparator websites offer mouth watering premiums but is not confirmed by the Insurance co.

I myself had a lengthy talk with one of such Insurance co during my car insurance renewal recently when they clearly stated that they do not offer zero dep on any motor cover, however policy bazaar was offering the lowest premium including the zero dep add on cover. When I confronted Policy bazaar they meekly said that they are in talks with the Insurance co for the zero dep add on cover tie up very soon. So I would prefer buying the Insurance from Insurer website rather that comparison websites.
ghodlur is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 16:30   #21
BHPian

Sorry to dig up the old thread. One imp question went unanswered. How do we verify if the policy issued by the likes of Policy Bazaar / Cover Fox / or even a Maruti Dealership (of National Insurance) is indeed original and valid in the records of the insurance company? I tried searching the website of National Insurance but couldn't find a link. Like GTO mentioned, there could be a lot of bogus policies doing the rounds. Heck, we can even print one at home to escape the cops.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks