Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2017, 11:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Reviews of Coverfox Insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

Why didn't you get the full refund when there were errors from their side? How much money did they deduct and on what grounds? Please share so that we all are better prepared to deal with this.
I am sorry. I seem to have missed your query. The insurance quote was around 1500 or so and I got back around 200-300 or so less. I am sorry as I dont remember the exact numbers for now. I will try to see if I have those numbers and get back. I did not go to argue with them again as I really did not have time to again go through the entire ordeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I used coverfox since they were significantly cheaper than the Oriental insurance agent who couldn't match the quote for a loyal 20 years customer. :-)
I have always heard, read and been told by many that, for any company, its cheaper to retain an existing customer than find a new one. Looks like these laws are in for a change
centaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 20:13   #17
BHPian

I recently had the misfortune of a breakdown for a silly reason. When I called the Tata dealer to ask for assistance, I was told that they don't have a recovery vehicle nearby so I would have to wait for several hours. Also, a 4km tow would have cost me 1500.

At that point, I remembered having roadside assistance offered complimentary by Coverfox, included with the insurance. To their credit, Coverfox organised a tow truck quickly and at no cost to me. They organised a conference call with the tow truck driver to ensure that everything was clear.

I hadn't expected to need roadside assistance but as it turned​ out, it saved me both time and money - It's insurance after all!

I'm pleased at the response I got from Coverfox and I'm considering asking them first for a quote when I purchase a new car.
Motard_Blr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 18:53   #18
BHPian

I was comparing insurance prices for my scooty today and found that coverfox was quoting as much compared to other websites like turtlemint or policybazaar.

I ended buying the policy from turtlemint just to give it a try.

I had some confusions while buying the policy and opted for a call back. The call back was prompt and the adviser knew what she was talking about. Overall a good experience.

If things go fine, I am planning to renew my car insurance from turtlemint as well.
ayankm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 18:51   #19

Please point out any errors,. This is my first post. Thank you.

Tried to renew by buying a policy for my 2012 Skoda Rapid. Reached coverfox which offered a Rs. 10300/- renewal since from April 1 third party premiums were rising while all else were offering for at least Rs. 15,500/- Three clicks later, I bought it and that bright and flashu Skoda Rapid 1.5 had an Engine capacity for 1498cc. Somewhere along the way they shaved a 100cc off my engine. When this lacunae was pointed out (immediately) I might add, they promised to revert in 4 days (all in writing/ email).

On April 4, they finally asked me to cough another extra Rs. 7300/- (Via phone) else, there is nothing they can do (might I add the lowest IDV ever). I went ahead and bought another Policy from Universal Sompo, via policy bazar, asking them for a clear refund.

April 20, 2017, thus far, they have Allegedly refunded my amount from Bharati AXA. MY Bank has never received it and they want "As requested share the bank statement (Till Date) will get it cross checked with the Insurance company." from their representative Keagan.

Worst Company ever. Would recommend you never buy from these folk. Why would I share my bank statement with any random third party on an email? I really don't understand them or Bharti AXA.
guptamanish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 12:01   #20
Team-BHP Support

I never thought much of CoverFox. Initially when they launched they were everywhere and I went to check their quotes out of curiosity. Soon I realized that they are much like other insurance aggregators. You ask for A they will offer you B and try to justify that as well. Quotes were also much higher than what you could get elsewhere. This I checked again after a year (during another car insurance renewal). Result was the same. And that was a quiet burial to the CoverFox idea for me.

Cut to the chase, it is now 2017. My insurance falls due soon and on top of that I don't have the luxury to wait and watch as I know the moment April starts the quotes will go up by a big margin, thanks to IRDA and it's crazy pricing for the TPC. Unfortunately everything that I see either looks higher than what it should be or else the IDV is ridiculously low to make the premium look low! Somewhere around 29th March I had almost decided to renew my policy with the existing insurer as I did not see any point in shifting by then. Then suddenly I remembered CoverFox once again after all this time. Did not have much hope but still wanted to check once. And surprisingly they provided me a quote which had a premium that was almost 1500 rupees less than my current insurer at an IDV that was much closer to what I would have expected it to be.

The funny part is that CoverFox insurance is from HDFC Ergo and when earlier I had checked with them directly, through brokers as well as from their website the quote was far higher (much higher than even my current insurer). So it was a good experience this time with CoverFox.
Zappo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 13:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
So it was a good experience this time with CoverFox.
Did you check the T&C or the policy document issued by Coverfox. They promise you moon but actually they mean the Mumbai roads in monsoon.

During my car's Insurance renewal, I had checked out the quotes on coverfox and had asked them to mail me the breakup with Policy document. The add on covers wordings were different than that seen on the Insurance co official website. When I had pointed out the same to them, they said they are yet to receive the updated details.
Old 21st April 2017, 13:45   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Did you check the T&C or the policy document issued by Coverfox. They promise you moon but actually they mean the Mumbai roads in monsoon.

During my car's Insurance renewal, I had checked out the quotes on coverfox and had asked them to mail me the breakup with Policy document. The add on covers wordings were different than that seen on the Insurance co official website. When I had pointed out the same to them, they said they are yet to receive the updated details.
Pretty much standard HDFC Ergo policy (I have had their policy on and off several times, so I know). I don't see any difference. Neither did I see any outlandish promises on the CoverFox website. Yes, they sent me a separate page with a dedicated number to call in case ever I need RSA. This is apparently complimentary. I never knew this so it was a nice little surprise!
Old 10th November 2017, 10:21   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

My Skoda's insurance was due to expire last night. I had buzzed my regular insurance guy several times, there was unusual delay at his end, so I decided to renew the insurance online, as Insurance was set to expire soon and I did not have time to spend hours to research and compare quote. Decided to try Coverfox through the car insurance button on Team-BHP.com. Quickly picked an insurance quote, I felt it was on higher side, still made an online payment, payment deducted from my end but I got no notification/email from their end.

Coincidentally I got a call from them trying to sell insurance to me, I mention the issue, the executive on the other side acknowledges the issue and confirms everything is complete from my end and I’ll get the acknowledgement and policy in some time as there is some tech glitch at their end. I have no choice but to wait.

1 day later, my car’s Insurance has expired, I don’t have a choice to buy Insurance from some other place. I drop them another mail, now they say the payment is not confirmed at insurer’s end so kindly wait for another day.

Earlier I had a bought an health insurance from Coverfox but the next year I did not renew through them and they called me several times every day for months to bug me. Same thing happened when I checked a quote with them for my other car few months back.

Not recommended. I opted for them to save time and now I’ll end up wasting lot more time.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 13:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Quickly picked an insurance quote, I felt it was on higher side, still made an online payment, payment deducted from my end but I got no notification/email from their end.
You paid extra, the amount got deducted and you still do not have a valid policy in hand. How bad can the aggregator be?

Why didn't you simply renew the policy on the existing Insurance co website?
Old 10th March 2018, 19:51   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Renewed our 12+ yr old Alto's insurance from Coverfox and it was quick and hassle-free.

Unknown to me, my folks were trying to get it renewed from a local Maruti dealer ever since they received the renewal quote around a week back. The dealership wasn't interested in our business I guess. Inspite of daily follow-ups, no body wanted to collect the cheque. I overheard one such call and in 5 mins, the renewed policy was in their hands.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 01:10   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

I renewed my Skoda Laura's insurance from coverfox who gave me the best quote from Bharti Axa. A very rare case of me clicking a pop-up advertisement on team-bhp and I benefited!
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 14:19   #27
BANNED

Hi all.. I used Coverfox just now. Was quite painless. Their quotes were almost Rs. 1000 lower than what I had received from some brokers, and also from Tata AIG (my current insurance underwriter).

I would recommend Coverfox to anyone.

Thanks
mohansrides is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 09:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Another online insurance problem

We all know that policies taken through aggregators like coverfox or policybazaar have claim related issues. I myself had to wait for around 6 months twice for claim settlement of a policy bought through policybazaar.

Recently I got insurance for 2 cars. One on 12th August for a Swift through Coverfox and it was Kotak general insurance policy. The other policy was issued on 28th August which was bought locally through a broker from HDFC Ergo for a Rapid diesel.

The Rapid policy was updated promptly within 24 hours on the Parivahan portal but the Kotak policy still has some issues. Neither Kotak nor coverfox have any idea of how to go about updating them. Repeated mails to Kotak and now they say they will get it updated but have no idea of how to go about it. Pathetic state of affairs. Coverfox keeps sending me parivahan details. Seriously these aggregators should be fined heavily by IRDA. I have mailed IRDA too.

So I would suggest everyone to avoid Coverfox or policybazaar & Kotak too.

PS- Before someone asks- no these cars are not mine. I get the car insurance on both our cars renewed on time.

Reviews of Coverfox Insurance?-0d0b024c67ed4a3d8ee3fcdb1a914374.jpeg
Reviews of Coverfox Insurance?-ae266745940840ad8ff5c266435ed336.jpeg
Reviews of Coverfox Insurance?-4637c11804884728a8670c56ce7073df.jpeg
Reviews of Coverfox Insurance?-7d148f366c5b4f31b52966cdcdd84cb2.jpeg
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 16:52   #29
BHPian

I had bought a Bajaj Allianz policy via Coverfox.

Today, car had a minor accident. I drove down to the nearby Maruti Authorized Service centre. SA told me that since my policy is not from Maruti insurance, I would have to deal with the insurance company myself. He suggested me to call Coverfox helpline.

I called Coverfox. The guy on the other side sounded quite disinterested. He simply gave me number of Bajaj Allianz. When I showed my displeasure, he started taking down the details.

I decided to register the claim directly with Bajaj Allianz. It was a relatively smooth process. I hope rest of the process with BA also happens smoothly.

I am having a rethink on Coverfox.
vagabond128 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 16:46   #30
BHPian

I had to deal with this site since a pre owned car i bought had a policy from new india assurance taken throgh this site. Multiple emails and calls were made to their so called helpdesk for changing the name in the insurance policy. The vehicle inspection was done through an app sent my them and even after the completion of inspection they are still saying they need another week for issuing the new policy.

Their call center guys are talking in the rudest way i have ever experienced when talking to any type of customer care centers. Most of the emails go unanswered or just gets an automated reply. The calls to the executives are disconnected by them when i try to explain the issue and they are not at all interested in hearing your problems.

They needs a lot of time for this simple process but i have already received multiple calls from them asking whether i need a new policy for the car.

Will never recommend their service to anyone and me myself will surely never deal with them again.
magic.dwarf is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks