Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 14th August 2017, 14:48   #16
BHPian

Default Re: VW Finance misses collecting 1st EMI; levies late payment charges on me

I was researching VW finance as I am planning to buy a bento. However, after reading this thread, I will stick to SBI who funded my previous car and the loan closure was very smooth. I paid off the 5 year loan in 2 years and there was no pre-payment penalty either.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2018, 19:29   #17
BHPian

Default Re: VW Finance misses collecting 1st EMI; levies late payment charges on me

Hi All,

I wanted to update you that the issue has been resolved.

After persistent follow-ups with VW Finance, I escalated this first to their grievance cell. Since I didn't get any response, I wrote to Mr. Hilton Lobo who's listed in the escalation chain.

Within 24 hours, the team got back to me and informed me that my NOC and other forms are enroute and that the case has been closed.

While I am not happy with how long this dragged out, I am happy that escalating things within VW does work and I got my issue resolved.

Happy to say that I am on my way to remove the hypothecation for the Vento.

OT

Pepper Potts has been definitely a good companion. The car is amazingly solid so far with very minor niggles of 5 years of ownership. I love the highway sprints I do alone (700kms one way) to home at my whim without a care. Thanks to Nikhil (Madhus), the upgrade of the tires (Michelin), it's been much more silent as well. Hope to enjoy a lot more years of this car. It's been an absolute pleasure to own and drive.
Mad Max is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2018, 21:47   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^^
And Mad Max lived happily ever after with Princess PepperPot after slaying the ugly giant VW and grabbing the golden sword of hypothecation release.

Mad Max, question for you. Would you buy a VW car as your next buy? You may decline to answer. Thanks.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 6th September 2018 at 21:53.
V.Narayan is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote