Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2018, 15:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Future Generali launches video-based claim settlement

Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited (FGII) has launched Intelligent Video Streaming and Settlement (i-ViSS) - a video-based motor claim settlement facility. With i-ViSS, customers can survey their vehicle through video streaming and get instant cost approval and payment from the insurer for claims up to Rs. 50,000. This is expected to reduce the turnaround time for claim settlements to just 1 day.

Future Generali launches video-based claim settlement-iviss_infographic-r2_for-media1.jpg

In case of an accident, the customer is required to intimate the claim to a call centre. The customer will then receive a text message with an i-ViSS link. The link opens the streaming service where a company employee guides the customer to the live streaming option and inspects the damage. The settlement amount is offered once all the documents are uploaded and validated by the insurance company. Besides this, customers can get the vehicle repaired as per their convenience and at a workshop of their choice. However, after the repairs are done, they are required to send pictures of the repaired vehicle to the claims department. i-ViSS can also be used by repairers for instant approval of repairs from the claims department.

In addition to the i-ViSS facility, Future Generali India has also launched i-Moss - a mobile app for surveyors. The app has been designed to help conduct on-the-spot conclusion of insurance claims and reduce the settlement time by up to 50%.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 14th March 2018 at 13:30.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 15:10   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Future Generali launches video-based claim settlement

Pretty good!

This saves time and effort (and hence, money) as work is not stuck until the surveyor can make a visit. Also, by capping this service to settlements up to 50k, it can check instances where someone might try to defraud the insurance company.

Hope other companies try to go as online as possible as well.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 08:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Future Generali launches video-based claim settlement

That is a great step towards easing the claim processing. It used to be a pain for the customer to wait for the surveyor's appointment, arrival, inspection and approval to initiate the repair work at the workshop. With the live video streaming, the process is simplified a lot making the repair work progress faster.

I remember starting a thread where IRDA had done away with the surveyor assessment for the repair work upto 50K where the Insurance can directly approve the claims.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-000-cars.html

Then there was Liberty Videocon who initiated an app based services so that the surveyor can directly upload the pics/videos of the claim and do away with the paper work.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...their-app.html

Surely the Motor Insurance in India is moving towards some better days.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks