Team-BHP - HDFC ERGO launches Overnight Vehicle Repair Service
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   HDFC ERGO launches Overnight Vehicle Repair Service (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/197721-hdfc-ergo-launches-overnight-vehicle-repair-service.html)

HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company has launched an Overnight Vehicle Repair Service for private cars and taxis. It will enable customers to get their cars repaired during the night, thus reducing vehicle downtime during the day.

HDFC ERGO launches Overnight Vehicle Repair Service-unnamed.jpg

Usually, customers have to devote most of the day getting their broken car to the service centre and then travelling to work by an alternate mode of transport. According to the company, cars will be towed away for repairs after regular commuting hours and will be delivered back to the customer's doorstep, ensuring that the vehicle will be ready to be used the next day. This will reduce the hassle of driving the car to the workshop or even getting it towed.

In order to avail this service, customers will have to register a claim and share photos of the damaged vehicle with HDFC ERGO. The service is available for minor repairs only. Further, customers opting for this service will be given priority on a first-come-first-serve basis at designated workshops.

The Overnight Vehicle Repair Service is currently available in Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Surat, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Hyderabad and Chennai. It will be available in more cities in the near future.

Link to Team-BHP News

The question is how much premium will they charge over the regular services?
Since this is an added convenience, the affected customers would be willing to pay more - but the question is how much?

Also a lot of accidental damage repairs take beyond a single day - which may make this service not that effective.

Nice initiative. For people working through the week and cramming lots of work to be done on Saturdays, this could be a blessing in disguise. I will happily drive the car to the workshop at around 9:30, and return by public transport which would be much less crowded at those hours too.

But I just cannot imagine the trouble a neighbourhood with a busy garage would have to go through, with the garage working at night!

It may be a good option for people with bumper to bumper insurance. Else leaving the car with garage without getting repair approvals by Surveyor in your presence is a risky preposition.

I would much rather prefer action happening in broad daylight.

Also if any paint job has to happen; it should preferably be done during day hours only.

Cheers

My local VW service center isn't open on Sundays, let alone 'after business hours'. Wonder where and how they will get the actual work done.

Good in concept, but poor in reality. The challenges are too many (quality night-time labour, permissions, working when everyone else is closed etc.) and the benefits are too few. And then, how many such repairs can be completed in a night anyway?

Today, Uber / Ola etc. offer excellent substitutes to your car while it's in the garage. Hence, I would give more importance to the quality of service provided, rather than just pick someone because of 'overnight' service.