Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 19:24   #16
Senior - BHPian
aargee's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATSTN
Posts: 4,965
Thanked: 3,057 Times

Yes you can; incase you're asked for the question on BS3/BS4 (which I'm sure not many cops do not know to verify), you can always state saying that you've sought for correction. But again, don't volunteer unless asked.
aargee is offline  
Old 28th September 2010, 20:02   #17
ElantraGT's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 441
Thanked: 9 Times

I would say that you can travel safely with the current insurance itself. When ever the cops stops for verification, they see the vehicle registration number and policy expiry date only. They dont verify if ite enagine no and VIN number are the same during any routine check.

If possible try to get a letter from HDFC stating that the change is under review, and that would save lot of your worries.
ElantraGT is offline  

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020,
Proudly powered by E2E Networks