Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2022, 19:01   #136
BHPian

Re: Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?

Team,FYI.Enquired for new vehicle insurance (1+3 years) from Acko They quoted 24999 for 13.72 Lacs IDV.Nil dep.bumper to bumper.Quotation from showroom is 48000.

Checked with them about the getting car serviced from Acko FNG story.They said nothing of that sort for 3 years.Post that it will be considered as an old vehicle and conditions like getting serviced from their recognised centers kick in.Even there,they have multiple policies where the above conditions will not apply.We can choose.As of now they are very professional.Sauve,englsh speaking and no over follow up.
Ram78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 15:51   #137
BHPian

Unethical Practice by Acko and CoverFox

I recently had the chance to purchase an Acko policy through CoverFox when I realised the unscrupulous activities of these companies.

If you make a quick search on CoverFox for car insurance policies with the Zero - Dep add-on cover, almost always you will find that the lowest quote is from Acko. A lay-man will almost instantly be enticed by this deal, and purchase the policy.

However, what one does not realize is this is no regular discount. CoverFox caters to only the Super Saver Plans (at - least in Zero Dep Add-On) from Acko. These Super Saver plans by default include a Voluntary Deductible (VD) of ₹5,000. And hence, Acko is able to quote a much lower premium than others.

Although CoverFox does mentioned the VD through an information tool tip, this, I believe is highly unethical for two reasons -

1. Apples to oranges comparison - CoverFox by the virtue of its model, allows one to compare the quotes from different insurers. However, by comparing the discounted quotes from one insurer to the non-discounted quotes from other insurers, it is clearly favoring one company over the others, that too quite unfairly.

2. Voluntary Deductible should be VOLUNTARY in nature - Insurance is supposed to have two types of deductible - Compulsory and Voluntary. However, by offering only one plan with the Voluntary Deductible built into it, CoverFox (and in extension Acko) is taking the discretion away from the consumer. If one wishes to buy an Acko policy through CoverFox, he/she must opt for the VD.

Rest assured, this practice is limited to just CoverFox. If you log on to the Acko website, you have the option to go for the Standard Plan (the one without the VD).

Hence, if you ever wish to purchase an Acko Policy kindly avoid using CoverFox.
rnkgrg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 13:33   #138
BHPian

Has any VW owner made a claim with Acko? I am thinking of going with Acko for my Polo GT's renewal as they are one of the only to offer Engine Protect for my 2016 car. But just want to know what exactly they mean by approved garages - does this include VW Service Centers as well?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you.
Old 26th March 2022, 13:04   #139
BHPian

I recently purchased ACKO insurance for my nexon ev. Now insurance agents in telegram group are claiming that acko is calculating the third party insurance incorrectly. As per IRDA mandate three year third party premium for electric vehicles above 63 kw is 20600 approx. Acko is considering the battery capacity of 30 kwh while as per the insurance agents the nexon ev motor is 95 to 97 kw. If this is true then can one withdraw motor insurance in 15 days like other insurance policies?
Old 24th April 2022, 10:49   #140
BHPian

REVIEW ON ACKO

Met with a minor fender bender on my Honda Brio.(More details on this in the ACCIDENTS thread of T-Bhp)

Claimed insurance with ACKO for damages to bumper, bonnet and paint scrapes.

Field executive sent for visual inspection and estimate of 6,700 RS quickly approved with the leeway to get it repaired in any FNG.

Said amount settled into my bank in 2 hours via IMPS, overall very impressed with the rapid and articulate response by the insurer.

Hope this helps to you some extent.
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 12:22   #141
BHPian

A bit off topic but definitely relevant as we are discussing GoDigit car insurance here. They have exposed all the vehicle details, including chasis and engine number here. You can put any vehicle number and your mobile number to get all the details! Note, this is not just those who purchased/enquired their insurance. I would be very reluctant to do business with some company with such loopholes! Vaahan site now restricts full name, engine and chasis number to only authorized folks and this simply obliterates that step towards data privacy!
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 00:48   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
They have exposed all the vehicle details, including chasis and engine number here. You can put any vehicle number and your mobile number to get all the details! Note, this is not just those who purchased/enquired their insurance. I would be very reluctant to do business with some company with such loopholes! Vaahan site now restricts full name, engine and chasis number to only authorized folks and this simply obliterates that step towards data privacy!
The mobile number is tied to the authorized person. The details are displayed ONLY on authentication of OTP sent to the registered mobile number. This is NOT what you are making this out to be.
Old 7th May 2022, 02:05   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
The mobile number is tied to the authorized person. The details are displayed ONLY on authentication of OTP sent to the registered mobile number. This is NOT what you are making this out to be.
You should give it a try; I could fetch details of random vehicles. See an obfuscated screenshot of a vehicle with your post #142.
Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-screenshot_20220507021453597.png

Last edited by impala : 7th May 2022 at 02:18.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 17:07   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Has any VW owner made a claim with Acko? I am thinking of going with Acko for my Polo GT's renewal as they are one of the only to offer Engine Protect for my 2016 car. But just want to know what exactly they mean by approved garages - does this include VW Service Centers as well?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you.
I am in the same situation now, except Acko, none of the others are giving me engine cover. what did you end up with finally?

VW dealer has given me quote of ~10K with IDV of 5.26(as there was a claim). however it does not have zero dep, engine cover, consumables etc.
Acko costs me ~13K, it includes engine cover as mentioned in the below image.

What concerns me is the highlighted text, as other members have raised this concern, does this mean in case of claims it will not be processed @ dealer service centers.

Appreciate your inputs/help.
Attached Images

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th June 2022 at 10:41. Reason: Adding details, as requested.
Old 27th June 2022, 19:00   #145
BHPian

An interesting article about Acko came up in the news today.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/92477554.cms

Quote:
Digital insurer Acko is looking at dynamic pricing of insurance plans such as motor policies by using a host of customer data, including their credit scores, online behaviour and the brand of phone they use.

Acko processes large quantities of consumer data to get an idea of the correlation between the customer profile and claims. It has been found that better credit scores are better risks, while iPhone users tend to pursue auto claims for even minor dents.
With "dynamic pricing" in effect, would the Apple user be more at a disadvantage on getting a better deal? or are they simply less likely to notice the difference and pay anyway.

Thoughts on this dynamic future?

Meanwhile, thinking of buying a cheap android tab to bypass this future lol.
Lord-Lannister is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 10:15   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvbkumar View Post
I am in the same situation now, except Acko, none of the others are giving me engine cover. what did you end up with finally?

What concerns me is the highlighted text, as other members have raised this concern, does this mean in case of claims it will not be processed @ dealer service centers.

Appreciate your inputs/help.
This is the main reason I am not going for acko. Even if you have Maruti car, you need to repair at Acko authorized garage for cashless claim. Acko garages will be in miniscule numbers compared to Maruti or other company service centres. This negates having a Maruti car which has wide service network.

Also I find if you tick all the option boxes in Acko, price is similar to Maruti insurance.
Old 14th November 2022, 18:49   #147
BHPian

Hi Fellow BHPians!
It's that time of the year again for me!
I switched from acko to digit last year as I was getting a better deal for my 6+-year-old honda CR-V (for Zero Dep). This time I'm getting inclined towards Royal Sundaram as they have a whopping 98% successful claim rate as per their website, however despite the best try even from their very persistent sales team, there's a 5K difference between what I'm getting from digit insurance vs RS (digit being cheaper).

I'm getting 30K quote from digit for Engine + Gear Protect + Key with Zero Dep protection, while RS is quoting 35K for the same, with an additional benefit wherein If I want to get only the windshield replaced, I can do so without affecting NCB.

I would want to know from you, how has been your claim experience with Digit, as so far, I've not got to experience their service (touchwood!).

I'm clearly more inclined towards RS cus of their equity and success rate, however, if there aren't many negative reviews on digit, I don't mind continuing with them too...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Drive Safe!
Old 14th November 2022, 19:22   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
This is the main reason I am not going for acko. Even if you have Maruti car, you need to repair at Acko authorized garage for cashless claim. Acko garages will be in miniscule numbers compared to Maruti or other company service centres. This negates having a Maruti car which has wide service network.

Also I find if you tick all the option boxes in Acko, price is similar to Maruti insurance.
This would be only if you go with their Super saver plan. If you go for the normal comprehensive insurance plan, then I don't think there is any limitation of this sort.
Old 14th November 2022, 20:29   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
REVIEW ON ACKO

Met with a minor fender bender on my Honda Brio.(More details on this in the ACCIDENTS thread of T-Bhp)

Claimed insurance with ACKO for damages to bumper, bonnet and paint scrapes.

Field executive sent for visual inspection and estimate of 6,700 RS quickly approved with the leeway to get it repaired in any FNG.

Said amount settled into my bank in 2 hours via IMPS, overall very impressed with the rapid and articulate response by the insurer.

Hope this helps to you some extent.
I am quoting an old post because i was burnt by this type of settlement, from Acko.
My wife rammed the car(a 2013 Ritz zxi at 45k ) into a pole , on visual inspection the fender, bumper head light, had to be replaced. On submitting the photos a settlement of 10k odd was approved. i crossed check the spare parts on boodmo , considered labour and painting charges and accepted the quote.
But in the garage found that the suspension arm had to be replaced, the garage wanted the entire suspension ,front frame component replaced. i denied and replaced only the suspension arm. total damage was around 20k.
Never made a claim in the 9 years and it was a lesson learnt the hard way, always take the car to a lift, assess the damages by a competent mechanic and then take a quote for insurance settlement.

Happy motoring.
adrift@life is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 21:51   #150
Senior - BHPian

I was exploring Acko for a new car for a person I know. Obviously, I was interested to know how is their network of garages and whether my preferred OEM service centers are part of it. I'd think that this information should be easily available from Acko so that customer knows what he is getting into. However to my surprise, I could not get this information from the call center or their website. This is what is shared on their website. So I'm wondering how and where the vehicle is sent for repairs. It looks to me that they might have tie up with third party multi brand garages and I am not sure if anyone would be comfortable sending a new car under warranty to these unknown places. Any feedback from folks who have gone through the claim?
Attached Thumbnails
Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-screenshot_20221115163257_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 16th November 2022 at 21:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks