Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2023, 18:31   #166
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?

Quote:
Hello all, I recently made a total loss insurance claim with Acko and here is my detailed review of Acko along with the chain of events.
Man. Those are terrific images. Hope you recover fully now.

I am sure your heart must be in pain when the scrap dealer was taking it away.

Regarding Acko, I found them very competitive compared to others. I was also checking their website for my upcoming car insurance since the dealer is quoting around Rs.33000. Acko quoted me around Rs.19000.

I was a little hesitant to them but your experience adds a good level of confidence.

Thanks
satish.gawai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 21:44   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
Man. Those are terrific images. Hope you recover fully now.

I am sure your heart must be in pain when the scrap dealer was taking it away.
Thankfully, I completely recovered from the injuries in 2 months.

It did pain a lot while she is being taken away because of the memories attached with her, the care I took in maintaining her and the pleasure she gives during WOT accelerations, corners(Due to Bilstein B6). Although I don't remember, my father said that I am more concerned about the car than myself in the ambulance.
Sowgandh.Bellam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 23:15   #168
BHPian

Good to hear that you have recovered. That seems like a terrific accident though the speed you mentioned was around 90.
Safedriver2023 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 00:03   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safedriver2023 View Post
Good to hear that you have recovered. That seems like a terrific accident though the speed you mentioned was around 90.
I remember cruising at 110 to 120 Kmph before the accident. I also have the dashcam footage and it seems like the car slowed down to 80 or 90 Kmph before hitting the median. The reason behind the accident is still not clear to me . I will post about the same in Accidents in India thread shortly.
Old 1st March 2023, 02:22   #170
BHPian

My experience with Acko was just okay. I had a hydrostatic locked engine with no engine cover on policy. All damages other than engine were repaired without any fuss and payments were made for.

Just after the whole settlement when it was time to renew for the next year, Acko simply was ready to offer third party only. Checked with call center as well and they say it is systems decision to not offer me any more.

Shortly after, I went with a zero dep policy purchase with another company and after few days Acko started calling up for my renewals now that their system seemingly allows. They lost my business already by then.

I also moved my bike policy from Acko to someone else after that.
r24x7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 08:01   #171
BHPian

I have fairly good experience with acko. Here is the story. A full size company employee bus brushed complete right side of my 9 year old Ritz vdi damaging front right mirror, door and part between door and bumper. All this happened when my wife was patiently waiting in left lane to clear the traffic ahead but the bus coming from behind did not have the same patience. Also, the bus driver misjudged the space. After the accident, the bus ran away out of reach of the security guard there. There was no point in expecting anything from the driver anyway. As usual, i drove the car to Maruti showroom first, they inspected the car and said repair would take 2-3 weeks time. I called acko, they said, if I can drive the car please take it to my home parking and they will send the surveyor there. Surveyor arrived the same day and approved the claim. The mechanic arrived next day morning and drove my car to his nearby garage. Within 3 days my car was repaired and dropped back to my home. I needed to pay depreciation cost and compulsory payable amount. During all this process, i was continuously getting what's app updates from acko. Even though the quality of work (paint and mirror part) doesn't feel like 100 percent original, it is not of bad quality either. During my previous insurance claim from Maruti showroom ( insurer Royal Sundaram bought from Maruti only ), showroom kept my car for 3 weeks with them. The reason was, Ritz is out of production and parts are not readily available. I was disappointed that time as it was rainy season and I had to use cabs all the time. So with acko, it was quick and transparent.
CarWorld is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 09:09   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWorld View Post
As usual, i drove the car to Maruti showroom first, they inspected the car and said repair would take 2-3 weeks time. I called acko, they said, if I can drive the car please take it to my home parking and they will send the surveyor there. Surveyor arrived the same day and approved the claim. The mechanic arrived next day morning and drove my car to his nearby garage. Within 3 days my car was repaired and dropped back to my home. I needed to pay depreciation cost and compulsory payable amount. During all this process, i was continuously getting what's app updates from acko. Even though the quality of work (paint and mirror part) doesn't feel like 100 percent original, it is not of bad quality either. During my previous insurance claim from Maruti showroom ( insurer Royal Sundaram bought from Maruti only ), showroom kept my car for 3 weeks with them. The reason was, Ritz is out of production and parts are not readily available. I was disappointed that time as it was rainy season and I had to use cabs all the time. So with acko, it was quick and transparent.
So the insurance company did not offer to repair the car at MASS even though you were right there and instead they sent your car to a local garage ? Is this how it works with Acko ? Don't they have tie up with oem service centers? What if this was out of station case?

I am tempted to go to Acko /Digit due to competative quotes but now I have to read the fine print.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 1st March 2023 at 09:16.
Old 1st March 2023, 09:24   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
So the insurance company did not offer to repair the car at MASS even though you were right there and sent your car to local garage instead? Is this how it works with Acko ? Don't they have tie up with oem service centers? What if this was out of station case?
No, Acko was ok with any service centre. On call, they asked me if I want to repair from authorised Maruti centre only. I knew authorised centre has too much load from my previous experience and for 1-2 weeks they simply do not take your car for repair work. So I agreed to do the job from any other competent garage. In metro, Acko has tie up with major service centres, so no problem there.
CarWorld is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 13:23   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWorld View Post

knew authorised centre has too much load from my previous experience and for 1-2 weeks they simply do not take your car for repair work. So I agreed to do the job from any other competent garage. In metro, Acko has tie up with major service centres, so no problem there.
Thanks and good to know!

While talking to some insiders I know, came to know that although an insurance company may have a tie up but the work priority depends on the relationship of the company with the workshop and efficiency during surveyer assignment, approval speed and quick processing at the time of final settlement. For example, I was told that some insurance surveyers don't visit every day to a workshop but only case to case basis hence some days are lost in waiting for this process.

It seems that workshop may give more priority to a customer depending on which insurance company is involved. May be that's the reason you might have experienced long lead time for the repair work. I have had pretty good (fast) experiencence with MASS + Icici/Maruti insurance during mutliple claims and the car was attended to within couple of days and out of the workshop in a week.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 1st March 2023 at 13:52.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 19:53   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
It seems that workshop may give more priority to a customer depending on which insurance company is involved. May be that's the reason you might have experienced long lead time for the repair work.
I too had good relationship with MASS as I bought 2 cars from them and renewed my insurance for 11 straight years. I knew the insurance guys by their names. But there are 2 possibilities, one is they are genuinely following first come first serve method and second is my Ritz parts were not readily available and had to be ordered from Gurgaon as mentioned by them. Either of these reasons, i was not impressed with close to 3 weeks turn around time.
CarWorld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 16:08   #176
Senior - BHPian

I had a great experience with Acko. Didn’t file a claim but their response time in cancelling the NCB on my sold car and issuing the certificate was superb. Here is what happened.

I sold my Skoda Rapid to Spinny. I had booked a Kia Sonet which was yet to be delivered and I wanted to transfer the 50% NCB from my Rapid policy to the Sonet.

I wrote to Acko customer service on my query. I needed them to keep the policy active till it expires, but still get and NCB certificate. I got a call within 10 minutes with a well informed executive calmly explaining the options available to me. So I needed to send the sale agreement to them, pay the difference of the NCB value in my policy (appr. Rs.830).
I sent the agreement, got a link to make the payment the next day. Paid it online and in another day, I got the revised policy without NCB followed by the NCB letter in my name. All of this in 2-3 days including the weekend. I was super impressed with their response time and promptness.
While I took a quote from Acko for the new car, the showroom was able to match the quote including NCB and I went ahead with that.
But my limited experience with Acko was great.
hrman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 16:01   #177
BHPian

My policy with Acko for Skoda Octavia TDI is due to expire soon and I was planning to renew with Acko. Strangely I just couldnt figure how to do it in the app and hence called them up.
Surprisingly, I was told that I will not be able to renew my policy with Acko as in their words "currently the policy is not serviceable in your area". I live in Udupi, Karnataka.

This is the first time I am hearing something like this. I have not made a claim for the Octavia in the last 2years it has been with Acko. I had a good claim experience with Acko for my other car, Honda Jazz in 2021 and was looking to continue my policy with them. Since 2021, both my cars have been with Acko and I had just renewed my Jazz policy in Sept 2022. So this came as a surprise. Is this a location based issue, or car based issue or car owner based issue?

Last edited by Deep Blue : 22nd March 2023 at 16:04.
Deep Blue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 00:27   #178
BHPian

I have an ongoing booking for an i20 N Line DCT via Acko. But at the moment the part about repairs being carried out at non-ASS garages is cause for discomfort.
Old 5th April 2023, 19:07   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
My policy with Acko for Skoda Octavia TDI is due to expire soon and I was planning to renew with Acko. Strangely I just couldnt figure how to do it in the app and hence called them up.
Surprisingly, I was told that I will not be able to renew my policy with Acko as in their words "currently the policy is not serviceable in your area". I live in Udupi, Karnataka.

This is the first time I am hearing something like this. I have not made a claim for the Octavia in the last 2years it has been with Acko. I had a good claim experience with Acko for my other car, Honda Jazz in 2021 and was looking to continue my policy with them. Since 2021, both my cars have been with Acko and I had just renewed my Jazz policy in Sept 2022. So this came as a surprise. Is this a location based issue, or car based issue or car owner based issue?

Exact same issue here in Kerala! I have been a happy customer of ACKO for the past year and now I can’t renew my i20’s policy nor can I take a new insurance from them for my new Hycross. I tried calling them and the sales agent confirmed that Kerala is no longer serviceable. I asked them then how is my current policy from them and they said that it used to be available previously but not any more.

I have not made any claims in the past 2 years so I don’t think it’s because of me. I don’t really want to go with GoDigit because they are only offering me an IDV of 3L vs Acko’s 5L and that too for more premium. I don’t care about zero dep but I do care about IDV.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 21:01   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

My Brezza is due for its 8th year insurance in May. I've been sent a quote of Zero Dep insurance of GoDigit by Maruti Insurance. All companies are not offering Zero Dep insurance as the car will be over 7 years. So I'm surprised as to how GoDigit can offer the same? Is it possible?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks