Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2018, 17:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?

I got the lowest quote from Digit on policy bazaar for my 4yr old Elantra and decided to take the leap of faith. For a comprehensive policy with roadside assistance and 8.5lacs of IDV, I paid Rs.17100 all inclusive which was at least 1.5k lesser than the next best quote. Am hoping I don't have to make a claim and try their claims process but let's see
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 15:24   #17
BHPian

I just got 2 cars renewed from them i.e. DIGIT. Acko was quoting lower but they just didn't inspire any confidence with their executives. I tried getting in touch with their upper management but they didn't reply.

Surprisingly the quote I got from Cover fox was lesser than the quote generated by Digit's own website for my Elite i20. I pointed this out to their executive who was dealing with me and he promptly generated a matching quote and sent it to me.
Old 5th January 2019, 22:31   #18

Why is Acko motor vehicle insurance price so low compared to other providers?

Got Acko car insurance on amazon app. Seemless experience. Simple process.

But more importantly - The quotation was literally half the price of all other quotes from regular insurance companies like Bajaj, icici etc.

This was a renewal for my Chevy Beat 2010 model with an idv of 1.5 lakhs. All quotes were a minimum of Rs 8000+. Acko was Rs 4280 all inclusive. With 5 yrs NCB.

Acko says they are able to provide such low prices because they are completely online and don't have agents or sales mechanism so the operation costs are less and the agent profits are passed on to the customer directly.

Not sure of their claim settlement percentage or how hassle free the claim process is. On the old Chevy I needed just basic third party insurance for statutory compliance. Not really a comprehensive insurance to cover costs of damage in case of damage. Hence took the risk without researching claim settlement percentage etc.

But if acko's claims are true about why their costs are low, and if their claim settlement percentages are comparable to the rest of the industry, this could be a game changer!
Old 1st February 2019, 13:40   #19
BHPian

I am also looking to renew and had policy from Bajaj which offered a good price, good claim ratio and a free 24*7 roadside assistance.

Read poor reviews on Digit here (mostly about 24*7 roadside assistance): https://www.quora.com/Is-Digit-car-i...a-good-company

I am not sure whether these companies would be great when a claim is made!
Old 9th February 2019, 16:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

I purchased a used car last month which was insured by Digit.
Post Registration transfer in my name, called their customer care for Insurance transfer. Took me two calls to receive the link to upload the self inspection pics to approve the transfer.
Then had to follow up twice again to get the transfer done and receive the soft copy.

Not a good experience so far.
Old 18th February 2019, 14:19   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Any TML customers with Acko?

Was just checking for a quote on Nexon. A fine print above the quote says - zero dep not possible for this manufacturer! Why?
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 16:59   #22
BHPian

I had to make a claim for my Mahindra E2O with Digit Insurance. My experience with them was good. I have given the details of claim exprience in the Insurance Queries thread. Link to post (Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me)
Old 6th March 2019, 17:37   #23
BHPian

Has anyone noticed the insurance premiums going down this year? My new Swift had close to 20K premium (zero dep) when bought last year, and now the quotes for renewal (comprehensive) seems to be in the 5-6K range. Its just the opposite of the trends I've seen in the last few years. Whats going on?

Digit, Coco (HDFL) seems to be in the 5-6K range.
Other common names like Bajaj, HDFC Ergo etc seem to have disappeared from the list (Policy Bazaar). The previous insurance was from HDFC Ergo, and I cant seem to renew it there. Any drastic change in IRDA regulations?

Cheers
Paleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 18:04   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

True; I noticed the same today morning. My Civic's premium was mostly in the range of 15-18K for previous years. This time it is in the range of 10k.
Quite a pleasant surprise!
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 19:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Any drastic change in IRDA regulations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
True; I noticed the same today morning. My Civic's premium was mostly in the range of 15-18K for previous years. This time it is in the range of 10k.
Quite a pleasant surprise!
There has been no circulars from IRDA recently which could have made the premiums cheaper. Infact we are in the March month and yet there has been no announcement on the TPL premium rates. I assume the rates aren't going to changed from last year.

Could the lower premium be due to a drastic drop in the IDV by the Insurance cos during the renewal? Can you verify the same with the Insurer? Did you guys pay the compulsory PA cover premium last year which this year may not be mandatory applied as PA cover has been de-linked to the TPL premium? Pls confirm.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 19:31   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Has anyone noticed the insurance premiums going down this year? My new Swift had close to 20K premium (zero dep) when bought last year, and now the quotes for renewal (comprehensive) seems to be in the 5-6K range. Its just the opposite of the trends I've seen in the last few years. Whats going on?

Digit, Coco (HDFL) seems to be in the 5-6K range.
Other common names like Bajaj, HDFC Ergo etc seem to have disappeared from the list (Policy Bazaar). The previous insurance was from HDFC Ergo, and I cant seem to renew it there. Any drastic change in IRDA regulations?

Cheers
You have already paid the TP coverage last year. It would reduce the premium by 2k I guess including GST. You can compare the last years OD premium, TP premium and the IDV value with this years. That would present the true picture.

Same case would hold true next year as well post which you might see a small bump as TP premium kicks in for 4th year.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 02:16   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Any TML customers with Acko?

Was just checking for a quote on Nexon. A fine print above the quote says - zero dep not possible for this manufacturer! Why?
I had the same experience when I tried to buy a new car insurance for my Fiat Punto Abarth , I was under the impression that Fiat is going to wrap up their operations or ACKO knew Abarth is going to be phased out. But, when I tried the same in my desktop and properly chose my car from the drop down list , Zero dep was available and I took it. Try the same, hassles(bugs) of being completely digital and online only.

Hope you can renew yours using the same.
revv_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 08:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Anyone bought 2 wheeler insurance either from Acko or Digit? How's the experience been?

My 10 yr old Honda Activa insurance is up for renewal. The existing Insurance Oriental Insurance is forcefully adding up the PA cover premium and not giving an option to remove it when I try to renew the policy. Called up their branch office and they parrot talked the same.

On coverfox I am able to choose Insurance without PA cover premium included in the Insurance premium.
Old 14th March 2019, 08:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Binny Bansal, Canadian co back Acko in $65m round

(Times of India 14-03-2009)
Attached Thumbnails
Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-acko.png  

Old 23rd March 2019, 13:30   #30
BHPian

A positive claim experience from Go Digit insurance. Quoting from 2018 Ford EcoSport official review thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Got the car repaired at Talera ford service center, Wagholi, Pune. Took 3 days. No problems with the cheap insurance I bought from Go Digit. Total bill was 20k, I had to pay 1600 with comprehensive insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Yes, I bought directly from Digit with new car purchase. Despite the fact that the car dealer (PPS Ford) reduced the car discount by 5k for not buying insurance from him. I still saved money.

I was skeptical about the service I would get from Digit, having never heard of them. But since I have never claimed insurance, I took the risk.

Go with Digit. Even if the dealer denies cashless, Digit directly transfers the amount to your bank account before you make the payment. Actually even before you send the the car for repair, you can register the claim and send them the pics (no forms!). They approve the claim and send a very conservative estimate to you. Then if you want, they transfer the amount to you.

Now to get actual amount, you give it for repair and get estimate. And tell digit that they are not giving cashless. I think
they will pay you this revised payment also directly. Need to confirm this, because I got cashless facility.

Apart from the claim process, Digit also has a pleasant approach. Their policy document is written in very simple language, explaining the jargon in layman terms. They also explain reasoning behind some policies which some people may find unfair. They regularly send emails educating about claim process, car safety and encouraging you to file claims.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks