Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2019, 15:13   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Anyone bought 2 wheeler insurance either from Acko or Digit? How's the experience been?

My 10 yr old Honda Activa insurance is up for renewal. The existing Insurance Oriental Insurance is forcefully adding up the PA cover premium and not giving an option to remove it when I try to renew the policy. Called up their branch office and they parrot talked the same.

On coverfox I am able to choose Insurance without PA cover premium included in the Insurance premium.
I just renewed my insurance for a 5 year old vespa from Acko. Since I don't really use the scooter for more than a 5 km radius, I didn't really care about claims. It was just to satisfy the mandate of having insurance.

As for the PA, they have an option to deselect it, and so I did. I have a PA cover with my car insurance co.

I guess, in your case too for a 10 yo Activa, it's just a matter of getting insured. I would suggest, you go for Acko, and if you plan on keeping the scooter for a longer time, go for multi year packs and minimum IDV.

Unless of course you intend to seek insurance claims, then I'd let other users who have been with Acko in the last year advice on it.

Hope this helps.
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 18:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
I guess, in your case too for a 10 yo Activa, it's just a matter of getting insured.
I got the Activa insured from Coverfox, the insurer was Bharati Axa. When compared to Acko I found coverfox premium quote to be cheaper. Plus Acko did not offer me the IDV I wanted.
Old 27th March 2019, 20:10   #33
BHPian

Took a leap of faith and took insurance from Acko. While placing the order online, faced some issues. In spite of me selecting zero NCB, 20% NCB kept applying in their system. I was on phone with an Acko executive while placing the order. In spite of me telling him the NCB issue, he gave a go-ahead for me. So insurance was issued with 20% NCB. So, when I reported this, they checked the phone conversation and resolved the issue in 3-4 days without charging me extra.

Cost for 2018 Swift Zxi+: Rs.8022 (includes amazon prime discount + 20% NCB)
Comprhensive Zero Dep
IDV: Rs.583200
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 16:03   #34
BHPian

Have so far processed two claims for Digit. Both the claims went hassle-free with no survey required apart from sharing photos from one's smartphone on the requested link. Claim amount is usually reimbursed to the client within one working day after the final bill is submitted.

The only drawback I feel is since the claim process is entirely paperless without any signature required on the claim form it is easy for one to initiate and process a claim without the owner's knowledge, especially for the policies where the owners mobile no. and email id is not registered with the company.
Kashish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 13:27   #35
BHPian

Acko isnt providing insurance to brand new vehicles, only renewals. I just got off a call from their customer team. Digit is providing for new vehicles.
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 13:55   #36
BHPian

I have renewed my 4 year old Xcent's insurance during end of January with Acko, since they are the only ones which came under 10K. Also, got around 450 INR discount as Amazon customer, the final total being INR 9475.

The next least amount is quoted by Royal Sundaram which is approximately 1300 more than Acko. All the other major players quoted in the range of 12K-15K. The main difference being the Nil Depreciation Cover in Acko is lesser by 50% than other insurance companies. So, finally went with Acko for my car insurance.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 23:34   #37
BHPian

Got a 3rd car renewed from Digit - another good experience. For legacy reasons and some RTO issues had to renew a Vento through Future Generali and that was exorbitant in relative terms. I wonder if I can switch policies mid-way and get a refund from FG and move to Digit?
Old 17th May 2019, 14:31   #38
BHPian

Hello,
So after going through the posts above and some research, took a leap of faith and have taken the Zero dep insurance from Digit for my 4 year old Tata Zest. Costed me 11k for a IDV of 385000 with few addons.

Experience : A very weird and funny thing happened while I was surfing for this insurance.
As usual I started with Policy bazar to just get a hang of the prices and different options.
I entered my vehicle details and required addons and to my surprise, Digit showed up on the top with a very surpricing quote of only 6500/- including GST.
I double checked all the details just to be sure, but boy my eyees lit up looking at that qoute. I immediately hit proceed to buy the insurance.
This is where my luck started to run off. The payment just wouldn't go thru, no matter how much I tried.
I immediately got a call from the policybazar rep asking what went wrong and why I just quit the buying in between blah blah, I explained to him my issue. He said he will look into that from his end, he also sent me a revised link with my required addons and IDV for the same price. But the payment just wouldn't go thru.
In the end I understood it was some glitch on their side , and I was not going to get this insurance at 50% discount.
I have attached the mail copy of the payment link.

So in the evening I went to the digit website and got a quote from them, told the rep I was getting very good deal from policybazar, he said , he wont be able to match that qoute in any scenario. But ended up offering me a discount of 1700/- , which I was happy to take and proceed.

The policy papers were sent immediately on the mail, Loved the format and the simple language of the policy. Got a welcome Call the next day explaining all the terms and addon tncs.
Lets hope they deliver when and if I need them.

Sorry for the long post.

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-capture.jpg

Last edited by bblost : 17th May 2019 at 14:35. Reason: Removed extra smiley. Thanks.
mufazzal123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 18:53   #39
BHPian

Can someone who has bought Digit insurance confirm if they cover IMT-28 - Legal Liability to Paid Driver? It should be in the policy issued.

It doesn’t appear in the addons list and I’m not sure if it’s part of the standard comprehensive package. It’s mostly a 50Rs. addition to the policy and some companies just have it included as part of the overall base package split up.

Their website and agents were unhelpful. Any help is appreciated.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 14:25   #40
BHPian

My car (Vento) insurance is coming up for renewal in a few days and I am seriously considering Acko as their quote is significantly cheaper than the others. I tried Digit and their quote is quite absurd as it is the most expensive (among all insurers) and almost double that of Acko. I will appreciate any feedback on the claim experience by anyone who have done it as that is the most important part. This is for a comprehensive policy since the car will be 5 years old and zero depreciation is not available any more.
Old 4th December 2019, 16:42   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Can someone who has bought Digit insurance confirm if they cover IMT-28 - Legal Liability to Paid Driver? It should be in the policy issued.

It doesn’t appear in the addons list and I’m not sure if it’s part of the standard comprehensive package. It’s mostly a 50Rs. addition to the policy and some companies just have it included as part of the overall base package split up.

Their website and agents were unhelpful. Any help is appreciated.
Yes it is there. You need to look into Liability Premium Calculation, charged at INR 50. I just got my car insurance changed to Digit from ICICI. It provided Zero dep, Engine and Gear Box protect, Tyre Protect and RSA, for almost the same amount that ICICI was charging only for Zero Dep and RSA.
Old 6th December 2019, 03:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManishSoni View Post
Yes it is there. You need to look into Liability Premium Calculation, charged at INR 50. I just got my car insurance changed to Digit from ICICI. It provided Zero dep, Engine and Gear Box protect, Tyre Protect and RSA, for almost the same amount that ICICI was charging only for Zero Dep and RSA.
Thanks! I ended up asking them on Twitter at that time and the Twitter rep was helpful in generating a new policy for me including the IMT-28 add-on.
Old 6th December 2019, 05:55   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I renewed my car's insurance with Digit solely on the basis of the quote. They seemed courteous and professional in their communications. Of course, the proof of the pudding is if/when God forbid I make a claim. But then all Insurance companies hum and haw at this stage. I don't expect Digit to be different.
When I bought a new car last year, I got insurance from Digit. Purely because it was way cheaper than others. I paid less than 20k premium for Ecosport, which cost me 13 lakh on road. My logic was that I have never made a claim, so let's take a risk. I expected them to be a little worse than others.

I couldn't be more wrong.

1. Getting the policy document was a pleasant surprise. All technical jargon was explained in layman language. Some terms, which we may think are one sided, were logically explained. Very friendly.

2. Every few days, I kept getting emails from them. No, not promotional mails trying to sell me something else. But informational ones, telling me:
- safe driving tips
- car maintenance tips
- claim process (title would be - We love claims!)

They were pretty useful.

3. Claim process: As fate would have it, I badly scratched my car while trying to pass through an impossible gap. I didn't know if insurance would cover it, as it's totally my fault (never made a claim, you know). But the "we love claims" emails had me prepared.

I called them to inform them of the damage. They sent me a link, and asked me to upload the photos. I did it. They sent a preliminary approval for some amount, and said that it can be increased based on actuals. They also gave phone number of the contact person. (they also offer to provide cash advance, in case cashless is not available at the repair shop). Fully paperless.

I visited Ford service center. There I gave them the contact number of the Digit guy, given to me earlier. No cash paid upfront.

2 days later, I got a call that the car is ready. Total bill was about 20k, of which I was required to pay 1.5. Rest all taken care of by Digit. I was thoroughly impressed, both with Digit and with Ford (Wagholi, Pune).

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 6th December 2019 at 05:57.
pseudo_coder is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 10:07   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
When I bought a new car last year, I got insurance from Digit. Purely because it was way cheaper than others. I expected them to be a little worse than others. I couldn't be more wrong. Rest all taken care of by Digit. I was thoroughly impressed, both with Digit and with Ford (Wagholi, Pune).
Thanks for sharing your experience with Digit. I renewed my car's insurance with them again back in Sept. Your feedback is encouraging to say the least.
Old 6th December 2019, 11:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufazzal123 View Post
Hello,
So after going through the posts above and some research, took a leap of faith and have taken the Zero dep insurance from Digit for my 4 year old Tata Zest. Costed me 11k for a IDV of 385000 with few addons.
Thanks for the update. My Zest will turn 4 in a couple of months. Will surely consider this as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks