Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2020, 12:48   #61
BHPian

Re: Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?

Just renewed the insurance from Acko and it was as seamless and smooth as it can be. Only now came to know that they have an APP too, installed it and renewed it with no issues!.

Did a quick comparison too on PolicyBazaar before renewing and Acko's premium rates still are very very competitive!.
Old 18th November 2020, 17:07   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
I checked Acko for insurance of my Tata Zest. Something which I couldn't understand was the charge of ₹5000 + File charges compulsary for each claim which to me is outrageous.

Is this their policy for everyone or was mine a special case?
I had the same thing when i tried to renew insurance for my 3 cars, finally dropped Acko and moved on to Digit and others,

seems they are forcing 5K as compulsory deductible in order to provide least insurance quotes..
Old 18th November 2020, 17:29   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
I had the same thing when i tried to renew insurance for my 3 cars, finally dropped Acko and moved on to Digit and others,

seems they are forcing 5K as compulsory deductible in order to provide least insurance quotes..
I spoke to ACKO customer care (its a challenge to get through due to long hold time). They informed me that Zero Dep is usually offered as an add-on to comprehensive plan where you just pay file charges like other insurance companies. However, because of my car's registration date, that option was not available to me. Their Zero Dep Smart Saver is an entirely different plan and hence the charges of ₹5000+File charges.

Hope that helps!
Old 18th November 2020, 17:31   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post

I just bought a new car insurance from Acko and the compulsory deductible mentioned in my policy is 2K. Is it possible that they charge different deductibles at the time buying a new policy vs renewing a policy?
Old 9th February 2021, 12:12   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Acko Claim Experience: Super Impressed!!

It was a very smooth and quick process. I uploaded the details and pics on Acko app. I got a call asking for details of the incident. Acko offered on account advanced payment and I could repair the car on my own.

Rear right door and quarter panel damage

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-img_20210208_150435.jpg

Acko estimated the repairs would cost around 11k and offered me settlement amount of Rs. 8791. I was super impressed, they gave a very good price. The car is 5 years old. The amount was credited within few hours after I accepted the offer .

Settlement offer email

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-screenshot_20210208142336__01.jpg

Summary of the entire process

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-screenshot_20210208185053__01.jpg

Icing on the cake is my 50 percent NCB would be intact because of NCB protect.

I would be getting the car fixed this weekend at Mahindra first choice workshop.

Few Points

1. Acko offers insurance at very good price.

2. It's very easy to renew policies. I get it done through Amazon and 3 of my cars are on Acko now.

3. Claim process experience for minor damage is very smooth and super quick. Acko would offer on account settlement or repair the car on their own.

4. I guess the on account settlement usually happens in smaller cities (Manipal in my case) where they do not have tie up with any garages. They didn't even send a surveyor, all I had to do is give details and upload the pics.

Overall a great experience
Dr.Naren is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 17:42   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Acko Claim Experience: Super Impressed!!

It was a very smooth and quick process

1. Acko offers insurance at very good price.

2. It's very easy to renew policies. I get it done through Amazon and 3 of my cars are on Acko now.

3. Claim process experience for minor damage is very smooth and super quick. Acko would offer on account settlement or repair the car on their own.

4. I guess the on account settlement usually happens in smaller cities (Manipal in my case) where they do not have tie up with any garages. They didn't even send a surveyor, all I had to do is give details and upload the pics.

Overall a great experience
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am in a bit of dilemma, I own a Grand i10 December 2013 model which is currently insured with Go Digit for a renewal IDV of 2.45 lakhs.

My insurance renewal is coming up and Acko is offering zero dep insurance of 3 lakhs for a comparable price.

I have not made any claims with go digit yet, so I was wondering whether it is worth shifting to Acko and your experience has really helped me gain a better understanding.

I am a little wary of their non disclosure of partner garages and the compulsory deductible for taking the car to a non partner garage.

Any help would be much appreciated!
sibot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 17:49   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
I am a little wary of their non disclosure of partner garages and the compulsory deductible for taking the car to a non partner garage.

I believe Acko would be really good for minor claims. Most of the times they offer on account settlement. My car is 5 years old and I didn't have zero depreciation insurance.

Acko estimate for repairs: 11.2k

Deductions
Claim charges: 1k
12.5 percent depreciation on painting charges: 1.4k
Total: 2.4k

Settlement amount: 8.8k

The deductions would be the same when they repair your car at their partner garage or if you take the car to the garage of your choice and then claim.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 9th February 2021 at 17:56.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 22:41   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I believe Acko would be really good for minor claims. Most of the times they offer on account settlement. My car is 5 years old and I didn't have zero depreciation insurance.

Acko estimate for repairs: 11.2k

Deductions
Claim charges: 1k
12.5 percent depreciation on painting charges: 1.4k
Total: 2.4k

Settlement amount: 8.8k

The deductions would be the same when they repair your car at their partner garage or if you take the car to the garage of your choice and then claim.
Thank you for replying. Since my car is about 7+ years old, they are offering Zero Depreciation Super Saver plan, which was formerly known as Acko Garage Zero Depreciation Plan. If I decide to opt for this plan and go to a non-partner garage, I would have to pay an amount of Rs.5,000/- to get my car repaired.

https://www.acko.com/support/solutio...rt-saver-plan-

Quote:
[FONT=Arial]It is a smart plan for smart users. This gives the coverage of Zero Depreciation at a lower premium. If the claim arises, there will be an additional INR 5000 charged. This is a perfect plan for the users who haven't claimed in years but still want to ensure risk coverage with Zero Depreciation plan.[/FONT]
OR I can go with their regular comprehensive plan and get my car repaired at a service center of my choice minus the extra charges.

Furthermore, there are several other add-ons to the insurance policy, such as Engine Protection Cover - https://www.acko.com/car-insurance/c...tection-cover/

Quote:
A standard comprehensive car insurance policy solely covers repairs to your car if they are related to some kind of accident. However, there are exceptions. Unless you have an add-on cover specifically added to your car insurance, your car’s engine is not covered. In other words, your regular comprehensive insurance will not cover the repair or replacement of engine or parts such as connecting rods, pistons, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-screenshot-20210209-10.48.23-pm.png  

Last edited by sibot : 9th February 2021 at 22:49.
Old 10th February 2021, 07:51   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Zero Depreciation Super Saver plan
I recently opted for Acko's Zero dep super saver plan as it made sense to me. The only difference between their Standard Zero dep and the Super saver plan is 5K that you need to pay when the claim is raised.

Think of it this way, if you go with the Standard zero dep plan, your insurance premium will most likely end up being 5K more than the premium quoted for the Zero dep super saver. By opting for the super saver, all you are doing is giving yourself the option of zero dep without the extra 5K upfront investment. If you make a claim, you pay the 5K and get zero dep. If you dont make a claim, then you save 5K while you still have Zero dep insurance on your car. Hence the Zero dep super saver is a great plan IMO

Last edited by procrj : 10th February 2021 at 07:53.
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 11:24   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I recently opted for Acko's Zero dep super saver plan as it made sense to me. The only difference between their Standard Zero dep and the Super saver plan is 5K that you need to pay when the claim is raised.
Thanks for the reply! What you said def made sense and I went ahead with Acko.

But I faced a few hiccups.

I had purchased this car last year and since it was a second hand vehicle, I could not claim the full NCB and my premium was hiked from Rs.6.xxx/- to 9k. So there was a difference of almost 2.4k.

I had a coupon for Rs.200/- off and the sales rep told me I could get a further 200 off on selecting auto renew, I did not get any of the two discounts and the only explanation the sales rep had was that the coupon must have expired EVEN though it was successfully applying on the payment page. I further emailed their customer care to get the same response.

So I ended up spending 2.4k more than the initial quote and the customer service response was unsatisfactory.
sibot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 11:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

I am an Acko consumer since the past 2 years. Just recently, my car was involved in a fender bender pile-up. Had to claim insurance for that.

Registered on Sunday(7th Feb.) early morning, the damage was surveyed by an agent within the next 3 hours. The agent suggested to get the car repaired at an FNG or authorized service center as getting repaired at a workshop which had tie-up with Acko would have taken 4-5 working days approx. I opted to get the repairs done myself at an FNG, the money was credited to my account by Monday(8th Feb.) afternoon after discussion with me.

I would give a to Acko, based on my experience.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 12:08   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had purchased this car last year and since it was a second hand vehicle, I could not claim the full NCB
AFAIK, NCB is linked to the individual and not to the car. Hence if you had transfered your NCB from previous policy, assuming you had a previous policy, then you could have claimed the full amount.

I purchased insurance using Amazon pay. They had discounts running for prime members. Not sure why your coupons did not work, should have pushed a little more and threatened to back off. Post purchase, not sure if it will help much.

Last edited by vb-saan : 12th February 2021 at 13:32. Reason: Typos
Old 12th February 2021, 12:44   #73
BHPian

My car insurance is with Acko for the past 2 years and I have recently renewed my insurance this year. Mine is a comprehensive plan as I did not opt for Zero Dep since the car is 6 years old now, but opted for their "Extra Car Protect" option for extra INR 199, which is basically the RSA and Keys repair and replacement. The rate provided by Acko is the cheapest and almost close to 1500 lesser than the next least provider.

I have also switched my Bike insurance to Acko last year and switched my father's scooter as well to Acko. I have also suggested Acko to my friend last month, for his insurance renewal of insurance for Dzire and he was super happy to see the lesser premium amount compared to others and switched to Acko. Don't have an experience with their Claim process and hope it remains the same.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th February 2021 at 21:13. Reason: typos
Old 12th February 2021, 13:36   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
I am an Acko consumer since the past 2 years. Just recently, my car was involved in a fender bender pile-up. Had to claim insurance for that.

Registered on Sunday(7th Feb.) early morning, the damage was surveyed by an agent within the next 3 hours. The agent suggested to get the car repaired at an FNG or authorized service center as getting repaired at a workshop which had tie-up with Acko would have taken 4-5 working days approx. I opted to get the repairs done myself at an FNG, the money was credited to my account by Monday(8th Feb.) afternoon after discussion with me.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Did they require you to get an invoice and upload it on their portal? Or can you get it done at any FNG even if they cannot give you an invoice?
Old 12th February 2021, 14:36   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
I opted to get the repairs done myself at an FNG, the money was credited to my account by Monday(8th Feb.) afternoon after discussion with me.

I too had a very good experience with Acko. Do we have to submit the repair bill to Acko ? Their mail to me mentions about clicking pics of the car and keep the invoice as reference for "future claim". What if Acko had credited more money than the actual cost of repairs ? ( Yes, I have faced this and yet to repair the car though )

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 12th February 2021 at 14:39.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks