Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2021, 22:23   #91
BHPian

Re: Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?

I went with Acko for my 8 years old Honda brio, a 2012 registered car.
My insurance came to 5k approx for an IDV of 1.4 lac.

I wish these guys offered the full 0 dep package even for a older car, comprehensive insurance does scare me for major repairs involving fiber, glass and plastics parts.

Does anyone know what FNG Acko uses for Honda car repairs? I'd prefer Honda A.S.S compared to an FNG, no matter how old car is!
Attached Thumbnails
Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-acko-insurance-man.png  

Old 24th April 2021, 23:13   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Does anyone know what FNG Acko uses for Honda car repairs?
AFAIK, for small-medium refund amounts (<25K INR range), Acko typically pays you the amount, in many cases even before the work on the car has begun. Hence you should be able to get the work done in any A.S.S of your choice. Not sure how it will work in case of extensive damage. Unless your A.S.S has a tie up with Acko, cashless might not be possible.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 01:04   #93
BHPian

Didn't find Acko and Digit to be very proactive and eager to capture their customer the moment he/she scrolls on their website. I was stuck with entering the NCB of my previous car after selecting new car insurance. Tried the help option, Acko customer care had no clue and Digit didn't call back on time.

Policy Bazaar interface was much better and I had the policy generated in 5 minutes. The quote from New India Assurance via Policy Bazaar was lower than Acko/Digit courtesy the NCB
Old 25th April 2021, 12:54   #94
Senior - BHPian

While purchasing the policy online (own websites) I gave my number to acko and godigit on their web forms. I was expecting telemarketers from both companies to call me after I gave the number online and such calls are a nuisance which impede my decision making and I do not answer those calls while going through the details.

Acko has not been a nuisance at all they called twice and I did not answer. They didn't call again until today which I answered and told I bought their policy from Amazon. No unnecessary messages or spam calls from them.

Godigit on the other hand is literally spamming me from 8067615168 from the moment I entered my number online. Since I did not answer the calls they are sending the following bait messages on my phone. Each message was followed by a call from the mentioned number within 5 to 10 mins. Commision? For me? Really!

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-screenshot.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Didn't find Acko and Digit to be very proactive and eager to capture their customer the moment he/she scrolls on their website. I was stuck with entering the NCB of my previous car after selecting new car insurance. Tried the help option, Acko customer care had no clue and Digit didn't call back on time.
How I wish godigit spent their time chasing you while they were chasing me and I would have got some relief from them

Last edited by Sankar : 25th April 2021 at 13:06.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 19:38   #95
BHPian

My Yeti's 6th year insurance renewal would be due EOM - got it done today. Covers I absolutely wanted - Zero dep + Consumables + Engine cover. RSA was good to have (since I already have Skoda's RSA). Since it's been under Zero dep cover thus far, I wanted to continue it that way as late as possible. My go-to website for all insurance related stuff is Coverfox and below is the quotes I received.

Finally went to Acko since they provided the cover(s) and IDV I wanted for a reasonable rate. Yes, the voluntary deductible of INR 5k (over and above compulsory deductible of 2k) was a concern, but it's okay since the premium is competitive enough. Touchwood - In-case I have to claim, I hope for a pleasant experience with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-whatsapp-image-20210509-19.28.44.jpeg  

Last edited by nerd1200 : 9th May 2021 at 19:43.
Old 29th May 2021, 18:01   #96
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

With insurance premiums going through the roof, it does not help that I lost my NCB due to a claim in the current policy. I have 15 days to finalize and renew / refresh the policy for the upcoming year. These are the options I have:
Vehicle: Duster AWD
Requirements: All-India Cashless, Comprehensive,
Add-ons: Zero Dep, Consumables,
Options Available:
  • Renault Assured (ICICI Lombard) - INR 49,000/-
  • ICICI Lombard - INR 30,000/-
  • Royal Sundaram - INR 28,000/-
  • Acko - INR 19,000/-
  • IFFCO-Tokio INR 18,000/- (no add ons, hence not considering)

The only reason for deliberating this here is that Acko sure doesn't work like the regular insurance providers. They are offering all the a policy that meets all my requirements but, I have not heard very promising words for them when it come to claim processing. Based on the casual interactions with ASC guys, and their competitors' agents. They assure everything to be handled smoothly over the phone and their policy wording also states that but then they mention "partner workshops", "Acko will handle claim", "hand over the vehicle to us" seems very misleading and gives a sense of having the vehicle being repaired at some non-authorized shop.

They do however assure customer visit, and say that the partner workshop means the ASC of that make and they also offer a 1 year warranty on repair in case the customer is not satisfied or if there is a problem with the work done.

Can someone with first-hand experience with claims comment? It will help me greatly.
Old 29th May 2021, 20:06   #97
BHPian

Unfortunately I finally had to file a claim. I never have filed one. During the cyclone in Bombay, some plaster from my ancient building fell in chunks on my i20.

I filed a claim with Digit and uploaded pics as they requested. The guy they assigned insisted that damage can only be on one side from the falling debris. I asked him to explain the physics behind that logic to me. Surprise surprise, he couldn't. The workshop said, just speak to him a couple times and he will approve it. So I did that and they finally approved most of the claims. I had bumper damage from earlier and I didn't claim that.

It was still reasonably decent - it's not as if I had to keep escalating or speaking to superiors. I also recommend taking the consumables cover. It is quite cheap but if you ever make a claim it goes a long way.

See pic of fallen debris captured the next morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-img20210529wa0041.jpg  

Last edited by invidious : 29th May 2021 at 20:15.
invidious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 18:41   #98
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
My main concern is them recommending a FNG instead of authorized service centers for insurance claims and I would like to validate that they have both authorized and FNG garages in the cashless garage list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
I asked them a question about this and their answer was very vague. They said we have authorised service centers and garages with registered GST numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
For the zero dep policy, there is a clause that I need to go via Acko only , else pay Rs 5000. Now I'm assuming (since they are not telling which are their network garages), that the car will end up going to one of the Pitstop garages since they have done a tie up/invested money.
These are the only concerns I have for which they are not mentioning clearly that they will send the car to OEM’s ASC. The answers they gave were:

- sending to their authorized list of partner workshops
- which have GST number
- list keeps on changing
- she also added in a confusion by stating that if Renault ASC is not available in my location, they will get repair done at other partner ASC like VW or Maruti etc… I gave up by that time.

I will mostly still go with Acko since running has reduced considerably and other providers are giving astronomical quotes.
Old 1st June 2021, 14:25   #99
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
These are the only concerns I have for which they are not mentioning clearly that they will send the car to OEM’s ASC.
Confirmed with my ASC's body shop manager (Renault, Jaipur). Acko doesn't have a cashless tie-up with them.

The quote is still INR 10,000/- less than the next closest offer from Royal Sundaram.
Old 1st June 2021, 15:04   #100
Senior - BHPian

I have shifted from others to Acko for all my two wheelers (four of them) and one of my cars since 2017 and although I have not made any claims on them so far, renewal discounts & experience has been hazzle free. They however refused to renew my 2007 Omni as they claimed that it was delisted from their portfolio and I had to go back to my earlier insurance ICICI Lombard who renewed it with NCB easily.
Old 2nd June 2021, 18:52   #101
BHPian

I was happy with the competitive pricing that Acko was offering for my Linea (now sold). I had to renew the insurance for my WagonR last month so as a habit logged in to policybazaar. I was surprised not to see Acko in their list this time. Instead there were a lot of new players like Raheja QBC.

I went to Acko site to compare the pricing. They had a cashless garages option. On asking for the list of FNG, they refused to share it point blank which irked me (maybe because the customer care person was crude in his explanation). I mainly wanted Maruti A.S.S as part of their cashless garage and not some gomechanic garage (bad past experience).

Anyway, so got a call from policybazaar. They gave a sweet deal with Raheja QBC in the same premium as Acko but with higher IDV. Added advantage was that Raheja had listed all the Maruti A.S.S points under their cashless garage.

My new Creta's comprehensive insurance is due this month end.....any suggestions
Old 3rd July 2021, 15:25   #102
Senior - BHPian

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-custom_thumb1625238680.jpg

Digit Insurance entered the coveted billion dollar club in January 2021 with a $1.9bn valuation. Its valuation has now jumped to $3.5 billion post a $200 million fundraise from Sequoia Capital, Faering Capital and IIFL Alternate Asset Managers. The unicorn also brings Indian skipper Virat Kohli and Prem Watsa’s Fairfax together, as both are investors of Digit Insurance. Digit is also a rare unicorn because its already profitable! And that’s despite being in a hyper growth phase, growing 44% last fiscal with a premium of Rs 3243 cr.

Source: https://www.timesnownews.com/videos/...central/102216

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 3rd July 2021 at 15:27.
Old 3rd July 2021, 16:20   #103
BHPian

My view point regarding new age insurance companies goes with an experience. Last month I had an experience of taking insurance for my car and for a friend's car. The insurance companies like Acko was quoting way less premium than other companies. The secret lies in the voluntary deductible amount. For normal cars the VD amount is 1000 (less than 999 CC) whereas Acko was taking 5000. This is a point customers must be made aware of. Increasing the VD will reduce the OD premium. In case of a claim the workshop will be provided with the total cost of repair with VD deducted. Another way is capping the number of claims. That will be not given explicitly anywhere.
commonman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 16:30   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
The secret lies in the voluntary deductible amount. For normal cars the VD amount is 1000 (less than 999 CC) whereas Acko was taking 5000. This is a point customers must be made aware of. Increasing the VD will reduce the OD premium. In case of a claim the workshop will be provided with the total cost of repair with VD deducted. Another way is capping the number of claims. That will be not given explicitly anywhere.
Most of the Insurance companies mention the necessary deductible and it is written on your Insurance document. For eg. For my vehicle with Insurance from Go Digit, the compulsory deductible amount is Rs. 2000. Number of claims per policy year is one for many companies and if you want more, you do have the option.
The reason why these companies are offering lesser premium is that they are going for maximum number of customers now and building a big corpus steadily. Once they are at par with other Insurance companies, they will slowly start increasing the Premium amount.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 3rd July 2021 at 16:31.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 17:03   #105
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
My view point regarding new age insurance companies goes with an experience. Last month I had an experience of taking insurance for my car and for a friend's car. The insurance companies like Acko was quoting way less premium than other companies. The secret lies in the voluntary deductible amount. For normal cars the VD amount is 1000 (less than 999 CC) whereas Acko was taking 5000. This is a point customers must be made aware of. Increasing the VD will reduce the OD premium. In case of a claim the workshop will be provided with the total cost of repair with VD deducted. Another way is capping the number of claims. That will be not given explicitly anywhere.
Also regarding this VD amount, a reason why they do not have a list of authorized garages is that they can always say, "The particular ASC/garage you are sending the vehicle to for repairs is not on the list. 5K will be the VD charged, Sir"
Of course, since there is no list. They are also silent on the cashless bit.
The only thing they seem to be trigger happy is settling claims upto 20K by paying directly to customer. Everything else is subjective. I have not come across any person who has shared a heavy claim experience

So just add 5K to the quote by Acko and then I am sure it becomes comparable to any other traditional insurance provider.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks