Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2023, 17:25   #211
BHPian

Re: Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
No, its not the case. The compulsory deductible is included in the policy document during issuance only, not after initiating the claim. I think it might be based on age of vehicle, but not sure. My car has now crossed 5 years.

Not the case for me. I renewed with Acko for the first time. In the policy document, the compulsory deductible mentioned is Rs 1000. Mine is a 4 year old Kia Seltos with IDV OF 11.5 lakhs.
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 17:39   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Not the case for me. I renewed with Acko for the first time. In the policy document, the compulsory deductible mentioned is Rs 1000. Mine is a 4 year old Kia Seltos with IDV OF 11.5 lakhs.
I also had a compulsory deductible of Rs.1000 till my car crossed 5 years. Post that the compulsory deductible increased to Rs.5000. I don't know if this logic is applied universally or based on model etc.,
Old 4th January 2024, 13:06   #213
Senior - BHPian

Very frustrating experience during renewal of Digit policy. Here it goes. I have purchased a 2w last year with insurance from Digit (5 years TP and 1 year OD cover). Now my OD portion is due to renewal. Tried to check website but unable to login with mobile or policy number. Tried their WhatsApp chat bot but it throws error that my policy is expiring in 2028 so can't be renewed (it is referring to TP policy). No other option to proceed hence decided to chat with a customer care. He couldn't understand my issue but raised a case anyway. Followed up multiple times and they messaged that a payment link has been shared. I can't even see any quote /addon nothing. Messaged them back to share quote but they closed the chat asking me to rank the service!
Tried calling their customer care toll free number but no answer. Tried using their app but it does not show any option to renew my policy.

Haven't felt this frustrated during insurance renewals earlier and no idea how to get through them. Probably time to change insurance company I guess.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 4th January 2024 at 13:08.
Old 5th January 2024, 13:14   #214
BHPian

Just purchased a comprehensive insurance with an IDV of about 5.2X Lacs for approx 8K from acko via amazon as a channel partner for our i20 2012 Sportz AT.
I did add engine protect cover.

Had received a call from Modi Hyundai, they were giving an IDV of 2.08L for around 7k of premium and it was through ICICI.

I also visited Acko's website, but they did not have the engine protect cover as an addon, also the maximum IDV provided was 4.04L. Their customer care was clueless about the addons provided by Amazon, since Amazon is a channel partner, when I asked how are they not aware, since the policy will be serviced by Acko, they had the same answer "We do not know what channel partner sells, and we do not have the data", sounded funny, but I preferred higher IDV.

My existing policy from ICICI expired in 1st week of Feb, it had a NCB on the previous owner, had to pay about 300-400 rupees to Hyundai for Endorsement and reversal of NCB.

Quote:
I also had a compulsory deductible of Rs.1000 till my car crossed 5 years. Post that the compulsory deductible increased to Rs.5000. I don't know if this logic is applied universally or based on model etc.,
Mine is a 11+ year old i20 (we had purchased it few months back), purchased comprehensive insurance from acko first time, says compulsory deductible is 1,000, IDV is 5.2X Lacs.

Last edited by montsa007 : 5th January 2024 at 13:17.
Old 5th January 2024, 13:27   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Very frustrating experience during renewal of Digit policy. Here it goes. I have purchased a 2w last year with insurance from Digit (5 years TP and 1 year OD cover). Now my OD portion is due to renewal.
Update on this topic. Someone from Digit called me to understand the issue. Now I can view correct details on the website and able to renew the policy. All ends that ends well and I have decided to continue with them for now.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 05:58   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it compulsory or voluntary deduction?
Old 6th January 2024, 06:18   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Is it compulsory or voluntary deduction?
It is the voluntary deduction component of Rs 5k mentioned in the policy along with the compulsory deduction of Rs 1k, but when I renewed my policy, there was no option to skip this deductible of Rs 5k. So, even if the wording is different, both deductibles are compulsory if I wanted to go with acko.

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-screenshot_2024010606211459_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f2.jpg

Other insurers may provide an option without the deductible if you pay a higher premium

Last edited by Everlearner : 6th January 2024 at 06:29.
Old 6th January 2024, 08:31   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is the voluntary deduction component of Rs 5k mentioned in the policy along with the compulsory deduction of Rs 1k, but when I renewed my policy, there was no option to skip this deductible of Rs 5k. So, even if the wording is different, both deductibles are compulsory if I wanted to go with acko.

Attachment 2554705

Other insurers may provide an option without the deductible if you pay a higher premium
I'm surprised to see that they didn't give you option to chose /change the voluntary deduction amount. Usually there should be a check box or editable field while filling online form. I recently renewed my 2w policy online with Digit and it added some voluntary deduction by default to show me lower premium amount. I could uncheck it though and there was also option to edit the amount.
Old 10th January 2024, 08:36   #219
BHPian

Just want to post my experience with Go Digit practice with Heath insurance renewal. Admin if this is not appropriate please delete this post.

We have family health insurance from Go Digit bought in Dec 2021, which we had renewed in Dec 2022, and Dec 2023. Here is the kicker, each time when policy is renewed, latest policy issued always had lesser coverage than what was needed. Less amount was on both amount covered, bonus. This happened for both renewal. Renewal notice is always had correct amount, however when premium paid, digit send updated policy containing all wrong values.

First time, i thought it might be a mistake at digit end, i am not sure now.

Just want members to read policy document after it was issued, to be sure that insurance covered what you paid for.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 09:32   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
This happened for both renewal. Renewal notice is always had correct amount, however when premium paid, digit send updated policy containing all wrong values.
Has there been any claim in the intervening period between the issue of renewal notice and the final payment?
Old 10th January 2024, 09:51   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Just want to post my experience with Go Digit practice with Heath insurance renewal. Admin if this is not appropriate please delete this post.

We have family health insurance from Go Digit bought in Dec 2021, which we had renewed in Dec 2022, and Dec 2023. Here is the kicker, each time when policy is renewed, latest policy issued always had lesser coverage than what was needed. Less amount was on both amount covered, bonus. This happened for both renewal. Renewal notice is always had correct amount, however when premium paid, digit send updated policy containing all wrong values.

First time, i thought it might be a mistake at digit end, i am not sure now.

Just want members to read policy document after it was issued, to be sure that insurance covered what you paid for.
Did you get a chance to talk to customer care and what do they have to say about it?
Old 10th January 2024, 15:40   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Has there been any claim in the intervening period between the issue of renewal notice and the final payment?
There are no claims, that's why it is puzzle to me.
Quote:
Did you get a chance to talk to customer care and what do they have to say about it?

Each time I had to write to customer care and their nodal to get policy corrected and re-issued. Only writing/connecting won't resolve the issue. I get standard template answer. I had to write to nodal and then issue is getting resolved.

Each time they informed its due to issue with "system". They however corrected the policy each time when I asked.

Last edited by RaguHolla : 10th January 2024 at 15:43. Reason: corrected some statements/added additional info
RaguHolla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 10:49   #223
BHPian

My Father's 2016 Grand i10 has been insured through Acko since last year. But in the last 2 weeks there were 2 separate incidents which were covered by Acko and were handled very efficiently. First was a coconut falling on the windshield which was replaced in 2-3 days and second was a truck hitting the rear right door. Luckily there were no injuries. Acko arranged to pick up/drop the car and the claims process was handled very well. The claims advisor updated about the progress regularly through calls and messages. Would definitely recommend Acko.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks