Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 20:53   #61
BHPian

Re: Tata-AIG refuses to renew my insurance policy, due to accident claims!

Beware of these new age, digital insurance companies like Acko. A second hand car I bought from Spinny recently caught fire. Spinny uses Acko insurance because it is cheap.
It took me two weeks to get an insurance surveyor to submit the first report. After that, the surveyor wanted the wiring to be stripped as per his specifications. He took another week to submit the report to Acko. My car has been lying in the workshop for over a month. Finally, the work order has been made yesterday and the work can start. This is after regular follow up calls, escalations, emails, and what not. Damn!
This is compared to my other car, which has Maruti-approved insurance. I had a minor accident last year. A punch-drunk scooterist hit the car smack in the center from the front. The radiator was the first to go because Maruti doesn't use a radiator protection bar for cost reasons or weight reasons. Luckily, nothing happened to him and he got up and rode the scooter away. My car had to be towed because of the scooter impact! Thank you Maruti for the exceptional build quality!
All I had to do was to get the car towed to a Maruti workshop and everything was done without me having to do anything beyond sending a scan of my valid license via email. It is a world of difference!
Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 10th August 2022 at 21:03.
pradkumar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks