Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite?
Acko General Insurance Limited 41 12.77%
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company 31 9.66%
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company 5 1.56%
Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company 1 0.31%
DHFL General Insurance 0 0%
Digit General Insurance 20 6.23%
Edelweiss General Insurance 1 0.31%
Future Generali India Insurance 2 0.62%
HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company 41 12.77%
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company 30 9.35%
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company 13 4.05%
Kotak Car Insurance 1 0.31%
L&T General Insurance Company 0 0%
Liberty General Insurance 0 0%
Magma HDI General Insurance 0 0%
National Insurance Company 11 3.43%
Navi General Insurance Ltd. (COCO) 0 0%
New India Assurance Company 32 9.97%
Oriental Insurance Company 5 1.56%
Raheja QBE General Insurance Co. Ltd. 0 0%
Reliance General Insurance Company 5 1.56%
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company 26 8.10%
SBI General Insurance 1 0.31%
Shriram General Insurance 1 0.31%
Tata AIG General Insurance Company 24 7.48%
United India Insurance Company 18 5.61%
Universal Sompo Insurance 1 0.31%
Other (please specify in your post) 11 3.43%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2020, 23:29   #31
BHPian

Re: The 2020 thread: Your preferred car insurance company & why

Voted for National Insurance for the fact that they were fairly easy in claim made for my car. Filled the form at the MASS and it was approved within 2 days and car received back within 5 days.
Agarwal_Aayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 23:44   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Car insurance is more or less commoditized. I buy based on who is giving me the lowest price as long as, of course, the company has some reputation.
Voted for other and just have to ditto what GTO has already mentioned. I normally take
- the best possible IDV mostly depreciating at 10% a year
- look for the best quote
- look for reputation
- look for additional features or differentiators like road side assistance etc. being offered even if it comes with a marginal additional cost.
Old 17th November 2020, 01:45   #33
BHPian

This article couldn't have come at a better time. My VW Ameo's insurance is to be renewed next month. I did some research and found that Acko is offering the lowest premium for the highest IDV along with all the add on protectors. But, I never saw the term "Cash-less" in any of the quotes (Acko/ICICI/Bajaj/etc).

Is cashless claim offered on VW cars or not? As I heard from someone that no insurance company gives cashless claims on VW/Skoda cars. Is it true?
Old 17th November 2020, 11:40   #34
BHPian

I have had a phenomenal experience with Iffco Tokio

1. During lockdown, app based filing directly without involving the ASC
2. cash credit to bank account before even starting the work - so I have the freedom where to get my repairs done
3. providing 0 dep insurance upto 10 years of car life

Fast processing, competitive quotes..cant ask for more
vikram31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 11:59   #35
BHPian

I voted for Go Digit mainly for the following reasons -
1) read good reviews about them in this forum
2) recently renewed my insurance from them since they were offering the highest IDV for the same premium
3) till now customer care service has been good
4) my friend works with them and in case of any problems I know I have an insider who can at least help me.
Old 17th November 2020, 14:17   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuri View Post

Is cashless claim offered on VW cars or not? As I heard from someone that no insurance company gives cashless claims on VW/Skoda cars. Is it true?
That's not true. I own a Fabia and have had to raise couple of claims in the past with different insurance companies, and all were cashless. I currently have Iffco Tokio for Fabia and Acko for newly bought Harrier. Acko should be cashless, you can get it in writing on email if its not explicitly mentioned elsewhere.
Old 17th November 2020, 15:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Having experienced a number of Insurance cos over the past 10 odd years, I always made a point to stick to the pvt Insurance cos just after getting a taste of PSU Insurance cos ways of working. I tend to go with the Insurance co with whom the car manufacturers have a national tie up so that claims are less hassle prone. But this is applicable only till warranty period, post that you can go shopping with the lowest premium quotes. For the past couple of years have stick to iffco tokio coz they send reminders well in advance for insurance renewal, immediately arrange for a call with their executive, offer good discounts, although I have not experienced their claims processing (touchwood).

But my previous experience with Future generali, HDFC Ergo, Royal Sundaram have been very good. Like Crazy_driver I too have a strict policy. NO ICICI LOMBARD.
Old 18th November 2020, 13:57   #38
BHPian

I have a good experience with ICICI Lombard. In 2019-2020, I have made two 0-dep claims for my Ecosport. First time, the boot door was replaced.
Second was a major one. My car was drowned in Amphan floods. Thankfully, water did not enter the engine compartment, else I would have had to bear that cost.

They responded pretty well in that situation.

Now, I have shifted to HDFC Ergo because of the unlimited 0-dep claims which they offer.
Old 18th November 2020, 19:06   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask_017 View Post
Sorry for sounding a little illiterate. Can some one explain how important is IDV at the time of renewal. Is it always like the higher IDV, the better?

I used policy bazaar for the first time last year and compared many policies and opted for Reliance General for which premium came to exactly Rs 5002 for the IDV of 2,43,000 for my 2012 Ford Figo Diesel Titanium. This year, they are quoting 4320 + GST for IDV of 2,18,700.

Now Acko is quoting a lesser premium and higher IDV (higher even than what Reliance gave me last year). So I am confused which one to choose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask_017 View Post
This surely helps sir. I am leaning towards Acko.
I went ahead and got it done from Acko. Current IDV 2,54,299 and the premium including taxes 4,972.
Old 6th January 2021, 23:55   #40
BHPian

Although some readers maybe aware American express have tie up with Bharathi axa for car insurance. I found their rates to be very competitive in industry, even better than buying from bharathi axa directly. Have purchased it along with new car and renewed it for past three years. Made one claim and it was without any hassle. Amex advantages include free RSA and priority claims processing, some good service from amex in case disputes. Only downside is that only two claims are permissible in a year.
Old 7th January 2021, 22:40   #41

My car insurance is due for renewal tomorrow & I got quotes from Maruti Insurance and Policy Bazaar. The default IDV on Maruti's website is on the lower side but with Policy Bazaar I get to choose a higher IDV (using 10% depreciation) with more add-ons.

Now the Maruti Nexa dealer has offered me a discount & a polishing coupon if I renew through them but the premium is still higher than PB. The dealer also tells me (tries to scare me) if I renew from outside their list of insurers, cashless will not be available. Is this true? I ask because Tata AIG (on PB but not on Maruti's list) seems to have the MASS covered.

My other question is if Kotak Mahindra good for car insurance? The premium on PB is the lowest for Kotak with most addons.
Old 21st January 2021, 15:38   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshtulsiani View Post
My car insurance is due for renewal tomorrow & I got quotes from Maruti Insurance and Policy Bazaar.
========
My other question is if Kotak Mahindra good for car insurance? The premium on PB is the lowest for Kotak with most addons.
Regarding the free vouchers from Maruti showrooms where we had bought the car is only lucrative but of no use.

I renewed my car's inssurance from 2014 - 2019 through them only. They promised some car wash and polish vouchers. They did not give in 2014. I made vigorous followups and got in 2015. The polishing done was pathetic, it came down with just one car wash.

So, make your choice of car insurance based on the features, IDV and garages and not solely on vouchers or promise from Maruti for hassle free claims.
askrahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 17:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
Nice thread. I usually buy insurance from United India insurance, my friend works there and I thought it would be better if I take insurance from a known person working in a known company.
Same here. Majority of the insurance for our family cars were from United except some of the vehicles in the first year when the dealer is to refuse us to take outside insurance. My cousin used to work for United.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Only main criteria I have - No ICICI Lombard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Earlier it was ICICI, now he doesn't want to go with ICICI.(I remember he does this everytime)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I too have a strict policy. NO ICICI LOMBARD.
Add me to that list. NO ICICI & NO RELIANCE. My cousin has since retired from United. I have since tried out Bajaj Allianz, IFFCO Tokio, Future Generali, National and Tata AIG. For the Maruti's I usually go with Maruti Insurance and most of the time it is from National. For the Skoda I had to go with Bajaj Allianz as extended Warranty was tied to the insurance. The X1 was with ICICI when new despite me specifying NO ICICI. After a lot of yelling they pleaded with me to manage for a year and they would change it. Next 3 years was with Bajaj Allianz and I recently moved to Tata AIG because of better premiums.
Old 11th February 2021, 12:56   #44

After 8 years, I have finally switched my car insurance from the "The New India Assurance Co. Ltd." (tie up with Maruti Showrrom) to Acko.

For my Swift Dzire - 2013 Model - Petrol - Vxi, I was surprised that the IDV was very less in the Maruti Insurance when compared with Acko which offers flexible IDV and increases the premium Amount

Maruti Insurance IDV (2020) - Rs. 2.25 Lakhs - Premium - Rs 7000
Acko Insurance IDV (2021) - Rs. 3.48 Lakhs [Max] - Premium - Rs. 6500

Acko Insurance also includes:
- Engine Warranty
- Personal Accident Cover
- Emergency Assistance

Thanks for the reviews in this thread for valuable inputs.
Old 19th February 2021, 17:25   #45
BHPian

Has anyone opted for Acko Super Saver Comprehensive or Zero Dep policy in Bangalore and any feedback on claims? Since we need to go via Acko and they are not giving insight into their trusted garages (Bangalore), wan't to get some inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks