Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite?
Acko General Insurance Limited 41 12.85%
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company 31 9.72%
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company 5 1.57%
Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company 1 0.31%
DHFL General Insurance 0 0%
Digit General Insurance 20 6.27%
Edelweiss General Insurance 1 0.31%
Future Generali India Insurance 2 0.63%
HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company 41 12.85%
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company 30 9.40%
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company 13 4.08%
Kotak Car Insurance 1 0.31%
L&T General Insurance Company 0 0%
Liberty General Insurance 0 0%
Magma HDI General Insurance 0 0%
National Insurance Company 11 3.45%
Navi General Insurance Ltd. (COCO) 0 0%
New India Assurance Company 31 9.72%
Oriental Insurance Company 5 1.57%
Raheja QBE General Insurance Co. Ltd. 0 0%
Reliance General Insurance Company 5 1.57%
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company 25 7.84%
SBI General Insurance 1 0.31%
Shriram General Insurance 1 0.31%
Tata AIG General Insurance Company 24 7.52%
United India Insurance Company 18 5.64%
Universal Sompo Insurance 1 0.31%
Other (please specify in your post) 11 3.45%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2021, 09:25   #46
Kln
BHPian

Re: The 2020 thread: Your preferred car insurance company & why

This might be relevant to those deciding about Royal Sundaram -

Ahmedabad Mirror: Man wins decade-old car insurance claim.

Quote:
Pandit had purchased a Maruti hatchback car in January 2009. He had taken its insurance from Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company, effective from January 13, 2009. The car was stolen from outside his house in April that year. An FIR was registered at Kathlal police station. Later, he informed the insurance company which rejected the claim citing insufficient care taken for its security.

Pandit then approached Kheda district consumer dispute redressal commission, but his claim was rejected again. He then lodged a complaint with the State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission. The company’s advocate stated that Pandit had lost one of the keys of the car, arguing that it was his responsibility to ensure security of the car. He further argued that the company was informed in days after the incident.

Pandit’s advocate VM Pancholi submitted that the FIR was registered immediately and the company was informed in five days. “Police investigation had found the incident genuine, based on which the claim should have been cleared. But the insurance company rejected it, citing they were informed after five days,” said Pancholi, adding that since no such condition had been placed earlier, they were not binding on Pandit.

The commission observed that since the FIR was registered immediately, informing the insurance company in five days did not matter. Cancelling the previous order, it ordered the insurance company to give 75% of Rs 2 lakh, the amount of the car mentioned in the FIR, along with Rs 10,000 as expense.

I've heard nothing but the worst about Royal Sundaram, and this further cements the case.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-now-what.html (EcoSport topples & suffers structural damage, but Royal Sundaram wants to repair the car. Now what?) by Gannu_1 was also an eye opener.

Mods, kindly delete this post if not relevant. I'm new to the forum, thanks.
Kln is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 15:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

Folks

How is the service rendered by United India Insurance? A friend has booked an Ecosport sports model and is awaiting delivery this month. Though the dealer quoted a zero-dep premium of 63k, he is apparently willing to bring it down to 37k.

On my advice, my friend scouted policy bazaar and he is getting quotations from Rs 23000 (United India) to Rs 60000 (Bajaj allianz) for an idv of 11 lakhs. This includes add ons like zero dep, return to invoice, engine protection, etc.

He is prepared to forego cashless facility as almost all provide reimbursement within a week. The price variance is significant, as you can see.

Some companies like Kotak and Digit charge Rs 34k to 45k, but though they have cashless, they seem to be tied up with some 3rd-party garages for repair.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10th March 2021, 12:38   #48
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks

How is the service rendered by United India Insurance? A friend has booked an Ecosport sports model and is awaiting delivery this month. Though the dealer quoted a zero-dep premium of 63k, he is apparently willing to bring it down to 37k.

Do check out this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234188

One of the forum members had a whooping 6.7 lakhs repair bill, and he processed it through United India.
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 15:31   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Has anyone opted for Acko Super Saver Comprehensive or Zero Dep policy in Bangalore and any feedback on claims? Since we need to go via Acko and they are not giving insight into their trusted garages (Bangalore), wan't to get some inputs.
+1.. looking for the same information. Hope I can piggy back on this.

I have HDFC Ergo currently which is up for renewal and was intrigued by Acko's top spot here. My car is 5+ years old and they offer Zero Dep at a competitive rate. With Acko I think we cannot go to the dealers A.S.S.. is that right? We inform Acko and they take it and get it repaired at wherever they see fit which is a little dicey. Hence any experience from trusted BHPians would be helpful.
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:07   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Car insurance is mandatory. Driving without a policy is an offense.

So which company is your preferred car insurance provider & why?
I think we would get better insights if we turned this poll around and asked - "Which auto insurance provider do you not recommend and why?"

Based on my recent experience, I do not recommend Tata AIG at all, since they recently sent me an SMS saying they will not offer me a renewal, since I had a claim this year. Imagine paying 65K to get coverage with zero dep, unlimited claims, RTI and what not and then, make one claim and get told off.

Super annoyed with Tata AIG.
Old 25th April 2021, 14:23   #51
Senior - BHPian

Never knew Phone Pe was in the game of automobile insurance. Anyways saw this AD and don't know what to make of it ! What's your opinion ?

(Don't know if this is the right place to post this. If not kindly move it to the Appropriate thread.)
Old 25th April 2021, 15:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

Have voted for Bajaj Allianz and have been using it for many years now.
Have found them quite prompt and flexible. Willing to accommodate /match any competition offer.
And once when I wanted to avail of the policy from them, everything worked out like clockwork.
Old 1st May 2021, 09:41   #53
BHPian

HDFC Ergo not showing up for me on policybazaar or coverfox. On their own website they are giving a very low IDV. Hopefully it will show up again on these portals.

Any other portals that can be used to buy car insurance?
Old 5th May 2021, 19:35   #54
BHPian

My Swift Dzire insurance is up for renewal. Up until now I was preferring one of the partners from Maruti Insurance. But this time I checked on Policybazaar and Coverfox & found that they offer 3-4k lesser premium for the same policy.
Planning to shop outside Maruti Insurance. Zero Dep is also a problem for a 6 year old car now. Last time I went ahead with Bajaj Allianz but this time they too have declined Zero Dep.

My options are:
1) Iffco Tokio
2) Royal Sundaram
3) Acko
4) Digit
5) Edelweiss

Any suggestions among these options ? I am planning to go with either Royal Sundaram or Iffco Tokio. Difference is only thousand rupees.
Old 6th May 2021, 19:17   #55
BHPian

Hi all, my vehicle is due for renewal in next two weeks. I wanted to ask whether going for Tyre protect add on with Royal Sundaram is useful or not? Also, where to get the information about how many Zero Dep claims are admissible for particular insurance company, on PolicyBazaar?

Thanks.

Last edited by sahil624 : 6th May 2021 at 19:22.
Old 6th May 2021, 20:18   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

I go with what my Insurance advisor/ Service centre provides me

Storme: based on quote provided by TASS
A-Star: based on what my advisor provides (Priyank @TBHP)
Activa: based on what my service centre provides.

It's a hassle free process. For the Storme & Activa, since any work would be done at the service centre, they will take care of things. Normally good quotes.

For the A-Star, I just ask Priyank to check if the insurance company supports cashless at Maruti.

Last edited by condor : 6th May 2021 at 20:19.
Old 7th May 2021, 13:31   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
My Swift Dzire insurance is up for renewal. Up until now I was preferring one of the partners from Maruti Insurance. But this time I checked on Policybazaar and Coverfox & found that they offer 3-4k lesser premium for the same policy.
Planning to shop outside Maruti Insurance. Zero Dep is also a problem for a 6 year old car now. Last time I went ahead with Bajaj Allianz but this time they too have declined Zero Dep.

My options are:
1) Iffco Tokio
2) Royal Sundaram
3) Acko
4) Digit
5) Edelweiss

Any suggestions among these options ? I am planning to go with either Royal Sundaram or Iffco Tokio. Difference is only thousand rupees.
Renewed with Royal Sundaram from Maruti itself. There was only 1k difference between what coverfox quoted and Maruti Insurance.
Old 9th July 2021, 15:56   #58
BHPian

hi.
I have insured my new car through Coverfox and chose United India Insurance. My SA sent a copy of Form 20 at the time of registration. The insurance number on the Form 20 was not matching with what Coverfox had send me. I called Coverfox agent. He said it happens in UII it seems, ie they will allocate an initial number while they get the initial proposal and later while they process, they will generate another number which will be reflected on Form 20. he said i can go ahead with the registration process it seems.

I cross checked in UII website and both these policy number has my name on it having the same proposal number.

What should I do? I already asked SA to go ahead with process. Will i be in trouble later?
Old 19th July 2021, 11:57   #59
BHPian

There is no particular preference of insurance provider with me. I go with a provider which provides the least insurance value for a said IDV. I do consider the reputation of the company, the list of garages where they offer cash-less services, my past experience (if applicable), etc. If I am not wrong, I have used 7 insurance providers out of the list and my experience with all of them is nearly the same.
Old 10th August 2021, 09:36   #60
BHPian

I think enough is enough, needs advice from experts-

Service provider - ICICI Lombard motor insurance
Previous Policy with - ICICIC Lombard motor insurance
Policy expired - 21July 2021
Policy Renewed - 29July 2021
No resolution till date.

I paid online renewal premium for sister's car as per the details mentioned above. The payment process completed without any issue, but no policy number generated or no policy copy shared. Just after successful payment contacted customer care, they told me to wait till 2nd August for a assured resolution. Till 2nd august there was a pin drop silence and when i called the customer care they told me break-in is pending. Okay i told them to send their agent to my address for physical inspection, next day nobody visited my place and when i called customer care they said system is showing break-in complete and again i was asked to wait till 5th-August and i will get my policy copy. Here come 5th August and no communication from the company, when i dialed the customer care, again they were confused about the break-in, i asked them i am not interested in online survey and they can send their agent to my address for the same. Next day again when i called the customer care they said system is showing break-in complete and their team is working on the issue to issue policy copy and i was asked to wait till 10th August. Today when i called the customer care they said server is down.

During whole process i kept on asking them to refund my amount i will get the policy from my dealer who is ready with a pre-approved policy for my lapsed policy. 29thJuly morning i paid the premium online, same day afternoon the dealer informed me that my policy is approved and i can make the payment, whenever i asked ICICI Lombard team for a refund they gave me reason that i must provide alternate policy number for refund, as far as my knowledge is concerned TP policy(which is active till July2022 in my case) is what is compulsory not OD policy.

Now i am stuck here in a never ending process and i am thinking to escalate the issue as this seems to be a modus operandi of these fraudsters, same issue was faced by my relative when he renewed his lapsed policy(Bajaj allainz), the payment was taken upfront, and even after doing online survey etc after months of follow ups the policy was not issued to him. He warned me that not to go online route as the policy is expired but my bad i didn't took him seriously and now facing lot of trouble.

If anyone can help what to do to get the policy or if possible refund(i will prefer a refund) as i don't trust ICICI Lombard anymore.

Most Viewed