Team-BHP - Renewal of Insurance Policy
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Renewal of Insurance Policy (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/23108-renewal-insurance-policy.html)

My vehicle's insurance is due for renewal, originally insured with Royal Sundaram by the dealer. After seeing lot of post with unpleasant experiences with private insurances, I am thinking of changing it to National Insurance. All my previous policies of past vehicles owned were with either National or Oriental and never had a problem with any claims. Is there any benefit by continuing the insurance with Royal Sundaram in terms of premium or there is any disadvantage changing to National insurance or any other public sector companies?

From what i have heard, Royal Sundaram is not a bad company at all. Their track record seems pretty clean. Why change it. It is the ICICI guys that you really have to look out for.
cheers

Yes, I had a good experience with Royal Sundaram for the last 3 years, I had claimed 3 - 4 times and there was no hassles!

If they have cashless facility with your Authorized Service centres, then better to stick with them!

If possible do not go for private insurances and private loans.I never go for private insurance because some of my friends had unpleasant experiences with private firms.its better to stick to govt.agencies

Thank you guys for all your suggestions, Finally I thought Why to take a chance, got it renewed with National Insurance, in fact they gave a discount of Rs 1000 compared to Royal Sundaram's premium amount

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 (Post 413462)
If possible do not go for private insurances and private loans.I never go for private insurance because some of my friends had unpleasant experiences with private firms.its better to stick to govt.agencies

I believe what you say. Can you suggest some govt. agencies ? Many reliable govt agencies, e.g. SBI do not offer car insurance. It is this fact, and the fact that the private insureres are very pro active and often tie up with authorised car service centres, that makes most car owners go for private insurers.

[quote=squarecut;415576]I believe what you say. Can you suggest some govt. agencies ?
New India Insurance, Oriental Insurance

with National Insurance, in fact they gave a discount of Rs 1000 compared to Royal Sundaram's premium amount

My expierence with United was really bad, The surveyor was rude, ignorant, din't know anything about a Lancer..!

Oriental-just paid them, after that no claim..!

Got a better deal with Reliance-45 % NCB and all.

Renewed my Lancer Insurance for Rs.7300 with IDV at around 3.3 for a car of 6 years

I guess the best thing to do is get your insurance from whatever the dealer usually recommends as they have good relationship with insurance co and things happen quickly.

I have maruti insurance through national insurance company, couple of months ago a bike guy rammed into my door and the insurance claim process was very smooth. I did not bother after handing over the vehicle and filling the necessary documentation. Entire process was taken care of by the auto agency.