Team-BHP - Personal Loan for Pimping car ??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Personal Loan for Pimping car ?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/23513-personal-loan-pimping-car.html)

A friend of mine is thinking of taking a 1lac - 1.5lac personal loan to pimp his car. Now i need to know is this good thing ? Secondly which bank has good personal loan interest rates and which bank will be feasible for such loan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 422930)
A friend of mine is thinking of taking a 1lac - 1.5lac personal loan to pimp his car. Now i need to know is this good thing ? Secondly which bank has good personal loan interest rates and which bank will be feasible for such loan.

sorry: but u should wear a tshirt saying withstupid when with your friend ... that iis insane if you dont have the money dont use it ... that to to mod a car ....................... lol sorry all i can do is laught coz this is one of teh craziest thing i have heard ....

Excuse my ignorance. What do you mean by pimping the car ?

Haven't heard for cars but banks offer 'Home Improvement Loan' to spruce up your home. May be some new age bank offer one for car also.

If someone wants to take out a loan, so be it. After all, he is the one who has to repay it. So let us not go too much OT.

AFAIK, all personal loans bear huge interest & unless your friend is capable of repaying such a large amount with a large interest, try to dissuade him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gt_bhp (Post 422973)
Excuse my ignorance. What do you mean by pimping the car ?

Pimp my ride is a popular tv show on Mtv and that is where the term pimping the car came from(i guess). It was coined (i guess) by the Hip Hop Generation

Sam Your explanation of Pimping is way better than mine

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 422930)

hey abhibh, please ask your friend not to do that. the interests are varying from 19-24% Per anum, with 2% processing fee .

When the % itself is not feasible how could the bank be feasible.
There is an Idea for you friend to approach a Local bank like co-operative banks near the vicinity, they have low interest rates.

note: long procedures and paper work can manage good two to three weeks for sanction. by then your friend will drop the idea i guess.

@ sam : thats hilarious i would want you to continue on that post LOLSlol:

I think he clearly stated that he is going for a personal loan & wants to know which one would be cheapest

lol you people know why i asked this here ? I asked because i wanted him to read this LMAO. I told him the same thing. Personal loan for modifying a car lol...

@Sam nice joke lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe (Post 422969)
sorry all i can do is laught coz this is one of teh craziest thing i have heard ....

You'd be surprised at how many serious tuners use this method.

It's not a very bad IDea as long as he makes about at least Rs 40000 per month in hand ( I might be wrong :))

SAM: That call had me rolling! time for part 2 ?

Ok just sent the Sam joke as SMS to him and talked to him and some how convinced him not to do this lol (i still don't think he is that much convinced). Will show him this post ASAP maybe this will effect him more.

@Samji we are waiting for the next season episode of the JOKE with more GARAM MASALA.

ya its a strick no no if you don't have money why do you want to pimp your ride

go step by step

and samji waiting for your joke

On a lighter note,why don't you guys appreciate his enthusiasm to spend so much on pimping his ride :p ?
Come on guys am sure most of us spend a fortune on our cars and maybe this is the way he wants to raise capital for the official pimping of his ride.

blueraven , @40k every month privatized banks provide you @least 2/3 times that amount and con you in every possible way lol:.

abhibh please ask you buddy not to do such a thing. There are better ways of investing that money or rather choose on a better alternative for pimping his ride.

OMG please please dissuade your friend from doing so, and if he is hellbent ( it is his money after all) then please dissuade him from going to ICICI, UTI etc , heard so many bad things about them . I personally went to SBI for my car loan , they processed it in 3 days flat ( even my dealer was flabbergasted at their prompt service ) !! Dunnow about SBI Personal loan though but they are better off than the rogues out there !!