Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2007, 12:25   #1
BHPian

NCB Query

Hi

I have a Swift DDSi purchased in Feb.

I have already made in claim for 8k in March, I have a small scratch which is not mandatory to be removed. But the scratch is visble and runs from rear door to fender, so repainting it shd be 10+k I think.

Having lost the NCB already, will I loose further if I go for another claim? If I am not going to loose anymore I was planning to go for a second claim.

Vishnu
Old 6th June 2007, 11:43   #2
BHPian

I guess you've lost your NCB. You can go in for another claim. But since youve purchased your car in Feb, this would be your 2nd claim in just 4 months of insurance. This will impact your premium next year(they always go through your history of claims while renewing your policy).

Since you have said its not mandatory to remove the scratch, I feel its better that you wait for some more time and then claim it. In case there are any more damages to the rear door + fender, everything can be done at one go.

Hope this is of help.

Regards

Mohit
Palio 1.2 EL/ Mar'04
Old 6th June 2007, 12:30   #3
BHPian

And in Bangalore traffic we can surely expect more dents/ scratches (if you are new to driving)
Old 6th June 2007, 14:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
And in Bangalore traffic we can surely expect more dents/ scratches (if you are new to driving)
Even if he is a experiened driver, He can find many new drivers around him .

Vishnu,
Its better to wait and go for insurance claim just before the next premium.
Old 5th August 2007, 23:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Wait till about the term of the present insurance is about to run out..then claim and then switch the insurance firm.
Old 6th August 2007, 12:38   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You have already lost your NCB in the first year of the policy, so you can go ahead and make a claim. Just ensure that the scratch is significant enough to warrant a paint job else leave it as it is. Not good to repaint a new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Wait till about the term of the present insurance is about to run out..then claim and then switch the insurance firm.
Huh? Care to explain the benefits of this?
Old 6th August 2007, 14:48   #7
BHPian

I agree with GTO .. Dont go for a repaint until and unless its really necessary.. I know its a new car and how much it pinches to see that scratch , but still if you can manage with it then dont go for the repaint job
Old 20th September 2007, 10:42   #8
BHPian

Having lost the NCB already, will I loose further if I go for another claim? If I am not going to loose anymore I was planning to go for a second claim.

You have already lost the NCB. But too many/much claim would attract loading - i.e., the opposite of NCB. So, keep that in mind.

Most Viewed