Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 17:03   #46
Team-BHP Support

NCB belongs to the owner.
When you renewed the insurance and did not have your own ncb from an earlier (but now sold) car, you get 0%.
Old 20th August 2010, 17:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
NCB belongs to the owner.
When you renewed the insurance and did not have your own ncb from an earlier (but now sold) car, you get 0%.
Thanks for the input, I am a little confused here. So do I need to wait till march 2011(insurance name transfer month) to earn my NCB or till september 2011(next year renewal date).

This has cropped up in my mind since I have some body work (around 7k rupees) to be carried out & wondering should I claim or not now..
Old 20th August 2010, 17:36   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Thanks for the input, I am a little confused here. So do I need to wait till march 2011(insurance name transfer month) to earn my NCB or till september 2011(next year renewal date).

This has cropped up in my mind since I have some body work (around 7k rupees) to be carried out & wondering should I claim or not now..
As far as I know, it will be at renewal time.

Also note that if you delay getting body work done and even if a trace of rust sets in, the insurance company can and will reject your claim.
Old 20th August 2010, 23:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:

If you wont get it this time, you can only get it in next renewal in sep2011.
So i guess its better to get the body work done
Old 27th August 2010, 11:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

What would happen if I change the insurance to another insurance company just before expiring the policy?, the present company may not pay any NCB. In this case do I get any discount on premium from the new insurance company, equivalent to the NCB amount I should have got from the previous Ins.company?
Old 27th August 2010, 11:26   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
What would happen if I change the insurance to another insurance company just before expiring the policy?, the present company may not pay any NCB. In this case do I get any discount on premium from the new insurance company, equivalent to the NCB amount I should have got from the previous Ins.company?
NCB is honored across insurance companies.
So it does not matter whether you renew insurance from your existing or a new provider.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

@bblost
Thanks for the clarification.
my present policy is with BA. It is due for renewal next month. BA sent to me a renewal notice without mentioning the next premium amount. Also couple of sms asking me to authorise them to get the premium amount paid online (but still without giving the premium amount).
I Prefer changing to National Insurance and their office is very close to my house, also agent is well known to me ( I already have other insurance policies with them). Only thing is that I want to check with them if cashless claim approval is available (for my ford fiesta ) as I get it from BA.
Old 30th August 2010, 20:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
As far as I know, it will be at renewal time.

Also note that if you delay getting body work done and even if a trace of rust sets in, the insurance company can and will reject your claim.
bblost I've gone ahead, got the vehicle inspected and the approval for the claim (not cashless since the service center I am getting the work done has not tied up with Bajaj).

Now I am planning to move to ICICI lombard for renewal from Bajaj allianz as they charge less for same IDV. Since my claim expires on sep 2nd 2010 will I face any issues when I try to get my offline claim with Bajaj Allianz..
Old 3rd September 2010, 18:49   #54
BHPian

It is always natural to shop around and find a good deal to get insurance policy for a new car but surprisingly in my case the dealer for my new manza is quoting only 19322 but other insurance companies when i shopped around are quoting 21000+ for the basic policy without any add on or any other facility. No insurer is ready to offer any discounts. How come people get 30% discounts and things like that. Anyone please explain
Old 3rd September 2010, 20:10   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
It is always natural to shop around and find a good deal to get insurance policy for a new car but surprisingly in my case the dealer for my new manza is quoting only 19322 but other insurance companies when i shopped around are quoting 21000+ for the basic policy without any add on or any other facility. No insurer is ready to offer any discounts. How come people get 30% discounts and things like that. Anyone please explain

Wow, another thread on insurance. There is a much larger thread on insurance which is quite active.

Discounts are available. It is based on the car maker as well. Bigger discounts are offered to the Jap cars.

I'm not sure about Tata vehicles on the % of discount available. But discounts should definitely be available. Did you call and talk to anyone or used the online facility?

Just register in a couple of insurance company sites and you will be flooded with phone calls. Or just get the company number and directly call them.
Old 3rd September 2010, 20:51   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Wow, another thread on insurance. There is a much larger thread on insurance which is quite active.

Discounts are available. It is based on the car maker as well. Bigger discounts are offered to the Jap cars.

I'm not sure about Tata vehicles on the % of discount available. But discounts should definitely be available. Did you call and talk to anyone or used the online facility?

Just register in a couple of insurance company sites and you will be flooded with phone calls. Or just get the company number and directly call them.

Ya did the same by applying online and indeed got many calls from various insurers, but surprisingly no one is offering any discount.
Old 8th September 2010, 19:04   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Urgent: Info required on Bharti Axa Car Insurance

A friend of mine is planning to take the Bharti AXA smart_drive_private_car_insurance.

The agent claims that,
ALL Accident Damage Repair claims will be paid in full by the insurance company without any depreciation loss. Sounds tooooo good to be true.

I'm not able to find any explicit mention of this in their website nor in the attachment,

SMART DRIVE PRIVATE CAR INSURANCE

Have you guys heard about this? Any information on this is highly appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Motor Addon DocumentTBS.pdf (72.2 KB, 808 views)
Old 16th September 2010, 09:39   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
bblost I've gone ahead, got the vehicle inspected and the approval for the claim (not cashless since the service center I am getting the work done has not tied up with Bajaj).

Now I am planning to move to ICICI lombard for renewal from Bajaj allianz as they charge less for same IDV. Since my claim expires on sep 2nd 2010 will I face any issues when I try to get my offline claim with Bajaj Allianz..
Please be careful with Icici. Check your policy correctly, as there are lot of bad story of Icici in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@bblost
Thanks for the clarification.
my present policy is with BA. It is due for renewal next month. BA sent to me a renewal notice without mentioning the next premium amount. Also couple of sms asking me to authorise them to get the premium amount paid online (but still without giving the premium amount).
I Prefer changing to National Insurance and their office is very close to my house, also agent is well known to me ( I already have other insurance policies with them). Only thing is that I want to check with them if cashless claim approval is available (for my ford fiesta ) as I get it from BA.
You have to check this with National insurance or your garage only.
Old 24th September 2010, 15:03   #59
BHPian

Hi,
I have insurance with Maruti. The dealer gave me a single piece of paper as insurance document. Now this paper does not give me the detail of what is the limit of insurance and also does not give me deductibles for each of the coverages separately.

What the easiet way of finding my limits of insurance and deductibles.

Thanks
Old 29th September 2010, 15:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

The insurance renewal for my Ford Fiesta ia round the corner and I am scouting for the right Insurers who can give a VFM product and service.

I wanted to know if I want to carry forward this year's NCB to the new Insurer, would I have to submit any document for the same. If I am getting the policy renewed online and merely mentioning the NCB % in online quotes would it suffice or I have to take the car and the NCB document to the new Insurer? What if the Insurer does not have any office in my city?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks