Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 14:45   #46
BHPian

Re: Dealer refusing Cashless Claim if insurance isn't bought from them

I have always bought insurance from the Dealer I purchased my car from. The reason was, it was a good cover which I couldnt find online and cost difference wasnt huge. But when it came to repairs and claims, I went to another dealership. They didnt ask me if I had purchased insurance from them. Why would they? They make huge money in labours and parts. They had added parts that did not need replacement. The service center is more concerned about the kind of work they get, not where you bought insurance from.
satyabrata.dash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 17:11   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Is there a need for a complaint I should raise against the dealer to Hyundai or the Insurance company to get it sorted?

Appreciate the forum's help.
Last year I booked the new Creta. Took the quote without insurance. When the vehicle was ready for delivery, I told the SA that I will send him the insurance papers for registration process.
They flat out refused. When I told them that quote was taken without insurance, I was informed that this was given thinking that I need quotes for my loan filing
After a lot of deliberation etc I was told that the vehicle allotted to me has now been allotted to someone else. Apparently dealer has the right to do so, as per T and C. I had complained to Hyundai East zone and customer care site. Even on twitter. But no action was taken.
Dealer told me that I will have to wait at least 5months for my vehicle, or I can take my full booking amount back.
I took my booking amount back. But told him that there will b a time when sales dip and that is when they will come begging and accept all the customer demands.
CaptSachin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 10:55   #48
rkw
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSachin View Post
They flat out refused. When I told them that quote was taken without insurance, I was informed that this was given thinking that I need quotes for my loan filing
Sorry to hear. This is arrogance on dealer's part. I think Hyundai dealers can no more afford it looking to the competition becoming fierce. And they should stick to their primary role of selling cars.
On the contrary, I had a pleasant experience when I took my Creta in 2019 (facelift model). Got delivery of choice color in a week. When told to the SA about getting alternate insurance through online at a lower quote, he agreed to offer at that price with same features as online. Another thing, I had alternate choices both in terms of dealer & car. So in case the first dealer refused to sell without insurance, it would have been their loss.
Old 19th October 2021, 16:11   #49
BHPian

*******Update**************

First of all, I would like to thank all of the members who shared their valuable suggestions as to how should I approach the issue and avoid getting cheated by the dealer. We took the delivery on 14th Oct,21.

So finally after a series of discussions and arguments with the dealer, we mutually agreed to settle the matter by taking the insurance from him after he was able to closely match the quotation with the ones in the market.

The difference was roughly 7k but we agreed to take the insurance from him mainly because of 2 reasons which may sound absurd but it is what it is:-

1. The GM of the dealership was involved and he assured us the best of the services in future and also played a crucial role in getting us the best offer for the OTR price.
2. The Dealership is hardly 500 metres from our home which translates to easy access to the service centre without much hassle for my dad.
3. Although not a deal-breaker but the dealership offered us to share a list of 10 registration numbers out of which we could choose any without additional cost. We finally chose a number whose last 3 digits matches our address.
4 In an event of a claim I don't want my dad to sweat it out at all.

So below is what we paid for the insurance

Rs 41,629(1 Year OD+ 3 Years Third-party) from Kotak Mahindra under Hyundai Assurance Program with Cashless claims across Hyundai Dealerships.
Add Ons(Zero Dep, RTI, Consumables, Key Protect, Engine Protect, Personal Belongings)

All in all, because we feel we got a good deal on the vehicle OTR price we ignored the additional premium we paid for the Insurance and hopefully next year the dealer should be able to match the prices for us to continue the renewal from them.

Last edited by Artyom : 19th October 2021 at 16:18.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks