Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2022, 19:30   #1
BHPian

Neglect in insurance transfer by GoDigit; company goes incommunicado

Hi team, I have recently bought a used VW Jetta. The ownership transfer has been completed and I reached out to the insurer to transfer the insurance to my name. There was a delay in the transfer process by their end and during the recent rains in Bangalore, a tree branch fell on the parked car shattering the rear windshield and denting the roof and the boot of the car.

The surveillance cameras installed in my place has caught this. The exact time of the incident is a bit dark due to a power outage but you can see the neighbors rushing to see the car moments later. I have shared all the proofs requested by the insurer. After all the proofs have been submitted now they aren't responding to my emails. To date, even my contact number hasn't been updated in their systems.

Below is the timeline of events;

June 1: Request raised for insurance transfer. Had attached the screenshot from Vaahan portal as i hadn't recieved the RC at that moment.

June 2: Additional documents were requested by insurer. RC copy which wasn't available at this moment.

June 18: All requested documents submitted from my end.

June 18: Pre-inspection link was sent to carry out the process online.

June 19: Pre-inspection link sent wasn't working.

During this period I was out of town for work. Once I was back restarted the exercise of the pre-inspection. Finally, when I called their customer care and informed the inspection link not working for my car, they informed the car model needed a physical inspection and cannot be done online.

Aug 18: I sent a mail asking for the manual inspection to be carried out and asking to initiate the procedure for the same.

Aug 19: Received a mail stating a pre-inspection link is being sent again.

Aug 20: The saga continues and I escalated the issue to the team leader who confirms she would have it resolved.

Aug 22: Received a mail from their end that a manual inspection shall be arranged. And the details to be shared.

Aug 26: Still no details of the manual inspection were shared.

On the same morning, a tree branch fell on the parked car causing damage.
I emailed them the pictures and video of the incident site.

Called their customer care and informed the same and also enquired about the manual inspection for which they said they shall have it arranged the next day.

Aug 27: Manual inspection was carried out.

I called on the customer care number enquiring about the status. Now the person on the line tells me they cannot provide me with the first-party insurance and only a third party shall be provided. On asking the reason for the same he informs this is all he has been told and when insisted on speaking with his higher authority I was told no one was available at the office. I did not budge and insisted that he connects me to someone higher up or give me a valid reason why first-party insurance cannot be given. His standard reply is "I'm sorry sir, but this is all I've been informed". He also goes on to say I can take the insurance with some other insurer and if need be he shall have the premium also returned to the source account. And this is when I lost it. The call lasted 40 mins and at last, he said a call back would be arranged in 15 mins and that hasn't happened to date.

On the same day, i wrote an email to the grievance head (got his detail from the insurance policy) and grievance redressal unit stating all the issues faced and the pathetic response from their team but till date the guy hasn't replied.

Aug 28: Someone from the grievance redressal unit called and after the explaining everything he had a generic reply that it shall be solved in 24 hrs.

Aug 30: No response from their end, I shoot an email addressing both the grievance redressal unit(GRU) guy and the head.

Aug 31: GRU guy replied asking for more CCTV footage.

Aug 31: Shared the same as requested.

Sep 1: Follow up email 1

Sep 3: Follow up email 2

Sep 4: GRU guy apologises for dealy and asks for additional 48-72 hours.

Sep 8: Follow up email 3

Sep 10:Follow up email 4

Sep 13: Follow up email 5.

Till date there is no response from their end. The incident occured on Aug 26th and it's been 18 days and I'm still waiting.

It's really disheartening to see the car in the same condition for close to 3 weeks and need help on how to take this forward.

Following are the proofs submitted to them from my end

The car in good condition clearly seen in the footage as of Aug 23
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LQ-...zQ2Ry5xJw/view

Car turned around with the hope that it might mitigate rats venturing under the hood.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dYW...QZKAWnI7D/view

Proof of car being as is as on Aug 25
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Odx...nOOajF2w_/view

Aug 26
Watch the last 13 mins of the video where the neighbours rush to see the car and later i walk down to access the damage and use a car cover to cover the car.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ehs...bDFpqmzkO/view

Video recorded on the phone before moving the car inside the building.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hQn...C3JSXoYg2/view

Car being moved inside the building to prevent water ingress and further interior damage.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18ms...Pn_lB2m1q/view

If any more details are required from my end, i shall share them. If an email trail is needed I shall share them personally.

Kindly help me solve this and not let them wiggle away.

Last edited by duker2997 : 13th September 2022 at 19:35.
duker2997 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 23:15   #2
BHPian

re: Neglect in insurance transfer by GoDigit; company goes incommunicado

So sorry to hear about the issue that you have been facing. I feel they are giving only 3rd party in order to get away with the claim that you are going to make for the damage incurred, I do not see any other valid reason for not giving you the comprehensive insurance.

For firsts, you can write an email stating if the issue does not get resolved within "timeframe under which you want it to be resolved", you will be taking this up with IRDAI.
This mail itself will ring some bells up and down the company's grievance department.
If still they don't respond, please raise a complaint with IRDAI, they will be bound by the IRDAI for a response in a given time.

Also, you can try searching for the CEO's email ID and mark the mail to him/her sharing the first hand experience of how the customers are being handled.

You can also raise the concern on twitter by tagging the company and sharing the dismal service they have been providing.

I sent an email to the CEO and tagged the company on twitter sharing the problems I had been facing in getting Mutual Funds units transferred and I had my issues resolved within 2 days, which I had been following up for more than a month and was being given new resolution dates for the closure of the issue everytime I called.
Agarwal_Aayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 00:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker2997 View Post
Hi team, I have recently bought a used VW Jetta. The ownership transfer has been completed and I reached out to the insurer to transfer the insurance to my name. There was a delay in the transfer process by their end and during the recent rains in Bangalore, a tree branch fell on the parked car shattering the rear windshield and denting the roof and the boot of the car.

If any more details are required from my end, i shall share them. If an email trail is needed I shall share them personally.

Who is the insurer? It might help others to pitch in with their experience with them.
pjbiju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 08:15   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwal_Aayush View Post
So sorry to hear about the issue that you have been facing. I feel they are giving only 3rd party in order to get away with the claim that you are going to make for the damage incurred, I do not see any other valid reason for not giving you the comprehensive insurance.

For firsts, you can write an email stating if the issue does not get resolved within "timeframe under which you want it to be resolved", you will be taking this up with IRDAI.
This mail itself will ring some bells up and down the company's grievance department.
If still they don't respond, please raise a complaint with IRDAI, they will be bound by the IRDAI for a response in a given time.

Also, you can try searching for the CEO's email ID and mark the mail to him/her sharing the first hand experience of how the customers are being handled.

You can also raise the concern on twitter by tagging the company and sharing the dismal service they have been providing.
Hi Aayush, yes I too feel the same. Up until the proofs were submitted they were swift in responding to the emails. Once everything was submitted, it response rate took a nose dive.
I did forward the entire email trail and requested the intervention of the top management Mr.DK who is the senior VP, but there was no response from him. It has been about 11 days since i've written to him.

According to IRDA the time frame to address a grievance is 15 days which i have mentioned in my emails and they are aware of it.
Attachment 2358142

I am not active on twitter, so i'm unable to share the issue on that platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Who is the insurer? It might help others to pitch in with their experience with them.
Godigit is the insurer.

Last edited by duker2997 : 14th September 2022 at 08:35.
Old 14th September 2022, 10:49   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Neglect in insurance transfer by GoDigit; company goes incommunicado

Till date, I have never heard a single good thing about GoDigit, other than their cheap pricing. Guess you get what you pay for. Am circulating this thread among some people I know. Hopefully, it gets you a resolution .
GTO is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 10:52   #6
BHPian

Re: Neglect in insurance transfer by insurer and goes incommunicado.

Quote:
requested the intervention of the top management Mr.DK who is the senior VP, but there was no response from him. It has been about 11 days since i've written to him.
Wonder how do they work if involving the senior VP as well leads to no responses. I would say change the insurance company as soon as you are to renew next time.

Quote:
According to IRDA the time frame to address a grievance is 15 days which i have mentioned in my emails and they are aware of it.
I guess then wait for 15 days and then raise a dispute with IRDA.
Agarwal_Aayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 11:16   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Till date, I have never heard a single good thing about GoDigit, other than their cheap pricing. Guess you get what you pay for. Am circulating this thread among some people I know. Hopefully, it gets you a resolution .
Hi GTO, this is my first experience with GoDigit. None of my other vehicles are insured with them. Had no choice because the previous owner had insured with them and the policy was valid for the next 6 months and I did not want to waste money getting another policy.
A lady called me few mins back saying she cannot accommodate the claim as the ownership wasn't transferred. She also acknowledged there was a delay in ownership transfer from their end but that's about it. Have asked her to communicate the same in writing.

They have taken close to 3 weeks to come to this solution.
My question is the incident happened when the car was parked in front of my house. Having provided all the evidence they still are trying to wiggle free by not having to pay. How ethical is this? And it is next to impossible to reach these people by call, they wouldn't provide contact numbers and just hide behind a wall. Each time I call the customer care a new person picks up who has no clue about the previous happenings.

I hope this is sorted by them.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwal_Aayush View Post
Wonder how do they work if involving the senior VP as well leads to no responses. I would say change the insurance company as soon as you are to renew next time.

I guess then wait for 15 days and then raise a dispute with IRDA.
Had sent out a mail this morning marking few other VP's and the Principal Officer attaching the previous email trails, also stating how the previous communication was ignored by their team. And I guess that forced them to arrange a callback.

My regular insurance agent had warned saying these new age digital insurers are usually crooks who try to make issues at the time of claims. Such is the ethics followed by these people
duker2997 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 15:33   #8
BHPian

My experience with Digit claims is ongoing. During the Bangalore floods, both my cars got flooded and both of them are insured by Digit. As soon as I noticed that my cars are flooded, I called up Digit and informed them. They told me that I have to fill out an online survey and take pictures of each flooded car and upload them using the link they would send.

When I clicked on the link the sent, it asked my to enable location access on Safari and despite doing that, the link didn't work at all. After 4-5 calls and several new links, I was told that I was the only customer who had this problem. I told them that if they appointed a surveyor right away, he/she could come and take his/her own pictures. They told me that completion of the online survey was a necessary step and they can't appoint the surveyor. No logical argument worked - I even offered to get on a videocon to show them that the app doesn't work.

2 days go by in this standoff and I had to move my cars because further flooding was predicted - this causes further complications in insurance claims. So, I got my cars towed to their respective brand service station. Finally, out of exasperation, I reached out to a friend of mine who knew someone senior in Digit and finally, a surveyor was appointed.

The process is moving very slowly. The estimate for one of my cars came in 9 days ago and I still haven't heard from Digit (it is a total loss).

All in all, very poor experience

Last edited by kovilkalai : 16th September 2022 at 15:33. Reason: Spelling mistake
kovilkalai is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 17:36   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovilkalai View Post
When I clicked on the link the sent, it asked my to enable location access on Safari and despite doing that, the link didn't work at all. After 4-5 calls and several new links, I was told that I was the only customer who had this problem.
I was having similar issue with links not working in iPhone. Finally tried with my wife's android phone and it worked flawlessly. Insurer was Tata.

You may try similar approach to see if it works.
amods is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 21:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
I was having similar issue with links not working in iPhone. Finally tried with my wife's android phone and it worked flawlessly. Insurer was Tata.

You may try similar approach to see if it works.
A few days later, I got a call from a service rep. When I mentioned this problem, he told me that they had problems with iphones. If they knew that, then why lie to me that "I was the only guy with this problem"?
Old 17th September 2022, 02:36   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there.
Have tweeted at GoDigit on twitter handle @heydigit and a couple of senior managers I could find with the help of LinkedIn.

My twitter handle is @Kalash1378.
I do not know how to share the link for the tweet here, so sharing my handle.

Requesting as members as possible to retweet the the same and tag any other high ranking officers you can find.
Hoping this blows up and GoDigit realises that ghosting customers has consequences.
Kalash_6324 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 06:24   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalash_6324 View Post
Hi there.
Have tweeted at GoDigit on twitter handle @heydigit and a couple of senior managers I could find with the help of LinkedIn.

My twitter handle is @Kalash1378.
I do not know how to share the link for the tweet here, so sharing my handle.

Requesting as members as possible to retweet the the same and tag any other high ranking officers you can find.
Hoping this blows up and GoDigit realises that ghosting customers has consequences.
Good idea. A retweet is the minimum someone like me (without any connections) can do.

Retweeting and sharing within my circle for more retweets.

Last edited by Mu009 : 17th September 2022 at 06:27.
Mu009 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 06:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, hope your issue is resolved soon. If not, the post below has details on how to lodge a complaint with the insurance ombudsman. Good luck!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5393940 (Go Digit General Insurance fraud with senior citizen | EDIT: Solved, page 2)
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 06:58   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalash_6324 View Post
Here's an alternative way that I used for transferring my car's existing owner's TATAAIG insurance when the process was not moving ahead for over 2 weeks. Similar stage as yours but without any accident.

1. Figure out the ceo's email id and send a nice detailed email explaining all that's happened with proofs and asking for a resolution. Keep the relevant staff, especially the customer facing division head in cc.

2. In my case, within 24 hours, a senior lead was allocated to me and fast tracked the case to resolution within the next 24 hours. Also in parallel, the executive assistant of the CEO was following up and called me again after I got the certificate to confirm the same.

You already have the email format of the company's email domain. Send a polite mail to the CEO and see how it goes ahead.
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 10:52   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

You already have the email format of the company's email domain. Send a polite mail to the CEO and see how it goes ahead.
This is another parallel activity I would recommend.
It's all about creating pressure at this moment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks