Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2022, 16:33   #31

Re: Dad co-signed as guarantor for car loan | Owner won't pay EMIs | Recovery agents creating troubl

It's not this simple, why will the service center release the car to anyone else than the legal owner? My advice to OP, don't try this, otherwise you may stand to loose 60k as well. Footing repair bill is not your liability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Don't waste your time with your dad's partner. He's not going to do anything.

My take :
  1. Pay the INR 60K and get the car in your custody. You can even do this without using your liquid money. Plan to pay through your Credit Card such that you sell off the car within the credit period.
  2. With this money, clear off the loan and I'm sure you'll be able to recover your INR 60K from that as well.
Old 3rd October 2022, 22:05   #32
BHPian

Re: Dad co-signed as guarantor for car loan | Owner won't pay EMIs | Recovery agents creating troubl

The lenders are opting for easy way out. Lenders can repossess vehicle from wherever it is put it on auction and make good the money. They just need to serve written notice to borrowers and then inform the nearest police station and reposses the vehicle. In this case please submit a written letter to them asking them to reposses the vehicle wherever it maybe and get the letter acknowledged. Your dad's cibil score will be affected but peace of mind is more important. Just be assertive. Have seen a case where owner himself kept the car in other state but reported theft of vehicle and stopped paying installments.
Old 3rd October 2022, 23:58   #33
BHPian

A recent RBI Circular on Mahindra Finance
Attached Thumbnails
Dad co-signed as guarantor for car loan | Owner won't pay EMIs | Recovery agents creating trouble-fb_img_1664821619164.jpg  

Ramon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 18:53   #34
BHPian

UPDATE: My dad's partner has paid the loan finally and the issue is solved. But whatever we went through, no one should go through. Please be careful while signing documents regarding loan agreements. This is a lesson learnt by me and my family in a hard way. I thank everyone in the forum for throwing valuable insights.
5haS_0209 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 19:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

And then, it ends. Glad it’s done and dusted. Learning’s for a life time. No more peeping through the hole to look who’s knocking the door.
jkrishnakj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 12:10   #36
BHPian

My friend has gone for a car loan and was not asked for a guarantor, he just has to pay the monthly installment else it will be seized. When is a Guarantor coming in?

Glad to see that the issue is resolved.
100Kmphormore is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 02:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
My friend has gone for a car loan and was not asked for a guarantor, he just has to pay the monthly installment else it will be seized. When is a Guarantor coming in?

Glad to see that the issue is resolved.
In my opinion, the financier will assess the profile of an individual before providing the loan. If he/she has any documents that they can submit as a proof for collateral, a guarantor wouldn't be required I guess.

In my case, my dad's partner doesn't have an own house /any valuable assets in the city where he purchased the car that he could provide as proof to the financier and hence they wanted a guarantor to be as a backup.
Also, if the CIBIL rating is as per financier's expectation then a guarantor wouldn't be required right?
5haS_0209 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks