Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2022, 11:04   #31
BANNED

Re: Accident claim - Advice for first timer

asitmonty: Is the number clearly visible on the dash-cam footage? (The number plate in the video was not clear for me)
Old 21st October 2022, 15:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
asitmonty: Is the number clearly visible on the dash-cam footage? (The number plate in the video was not clear for me)
Yes, I paused the video at just the last moment and got the plate off of it.
Name:  vehicleplate.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  39.7 KB
Old 22nd October 2022, 09:35   #33
BHPian

Do you have zero dep? If you do, all you have to pay for is the claim processing fee of some 1,000 odd. If you don’t, there may be some charges for consumables or labour or some other stuff, depending on their calculation.

Either way, you got it through the dealer so it’s headache free. Just call the dealer. They will pick it up, assess it, send over the forms for you to sign or have you upload documents online on a portal, directly interact with the insurance company and have the repairs done and payment settled directly while keeping you informed. Do not bother with giving them any extra stuff like video footage unless specifically asked. Usually dealers are very helpful with this stuff so just ask your service Head what they advise. This is the big advantage of taking insurance from the dealer directly, even though it may be cheaper to get it yourself from outside.

So don’t worry, make use of it, be happy y’all are safe and just move on with your life.

Cheers

Last edited by RT13 : 22nd October 2022 at 09:38.
RT13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 11:24   #34
BHPian

Does not matter who did the Accident. Your vehicle was involved in an accident. You have a video proof which is all the more positive.

1. File an FIR. Make sure police me tion that no injuries were reported.
2. Take all photos. Take screenshots from video. Save it on phone.
I heard someone Yawn in the video. Surveyor may bring this point up. If it was not you then do not share sound. Creates unnecessary confusion.
3. Take car to SVC and fill required forms.
4. Notify Insurance company at the earliest.
dsuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 13:21   #35
RRM
BHPian

As GTO said, just claim the insurance rest ASSC will take care of it.

You were not involved in any fatalities and hence no police case etc needed here. You still have the choice of filing it but then it has its own hassle.

Hopefully you have B2B insurance and if so 2k is the processing charges and rest is taken care at ASSC
RRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 19:23   #36

1. Do I provide the video to insurance when I make a claim? If it helps either with them pursuing on my behalf (like they do in US) or they take the evidence as no-fault from my side, then I am happy to do it. But if they are going to try and use the video to manufacture some sort of denial (for e.g. we were driving at 55, and that section of highway may have a speed limit of 50 even though we didn't see any sign for that), then better not give it at all.

My two cents on the issue:
If the speed limit was around 50kmph and you were on 57kmph..do not share this video with the surveyor, plus you never would know according to the SH norms what is the actual speed limit for that road, what if it's 40?. It also doesn't make sense to pursue this legally, else you would never be able claim damages of the vehicle and it would be pending insurance claims. If no humans were hurt in this incident, just raise a claim and repair the damage.
Atleast thank heavens all the occupants are safe.
donlealdie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 21:28   #37
RRM
BHPian

1. Do I provide the video to insurance when I make a claim? If it helps either with them pursuing on my behalf (like they do in US) or they take the evidence as no-fault from my side, then I am happy to do it. But if they are going to try and use the video to manufacture some sort of denial (for e.g. we were driving at 55, and that section of highway may have a speed limit of 50 even though we didn't see any sign for that), then better not give it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donlealdie View Post
My two cents on the issue:
If the speed limit was around 50kmph and you were on 57kmph..do not share this video with the surveyor, plus you never would know according to the SH norms what is the actual speed limit for that road, what if it's 40?. It also doesn't make sense to pursue this legally, else you would never be able claim damages
Agree, this may backfire. Even while giving the car for inspection/repair remove it for time being just that a smart and new generation surveyor might be curious and try to save money to insurer!
RRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 20:27   #38
BHPian

UPDATE:
(for any forum member who stumbles across this post in search of insurance claim process time with MASS)

Oct 18th - Vehicle given at MASS (with insurance claim). Initial expected delivery date given as 31 Oct depending on body part availability (and 2 days Diwali holidays)
Oct 19th - got a call from Body shop manager and he confirmed parts are available, but date will still be 31st.
Oct 31st - Manager called and said they had some issues with labor going on vacation. so new date Nov 2nd
Nov 2nd - Manager called and asked for one more day.
Nov 3rd - Vehicle delivered.

Overall repair was good. They reused the less damaged chrome part (door cladding and lower liner) with some polishing and it looked good. The door handle had slightly more scratches but not worth spending a 1000 bucks in getting a full new set. The alloy wheel was polished too.
They did dirty up the white leatherette sheets. Whoever drove it around for tests wasn't careful.

Cost:
the final bill was 53k. My out of pocket was 2050 + 700 for the polish and labor.
Old 22nd January 2023, 14:55   #39

Hi Bhpian,

Please I need help in Insurance claim. Is anyone having contact in Universal Sompo General Insurance in Asansol circle. Have given car for repair and claimed insurance at Neamatpur service centre but surveyor Mr. Ashok Kanuja is not very helpful and refusing the claim. Request you to please help if you have any contact.
Thanks,
Praveen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks