Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2022, 17:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bima Bharosa - A new initiative by IRDAI to address grievances of Insured

When browsing through the IRDAI portal, came across this initiative of IRDAI to address the grievance of the Insured and also help the insured get across the grievance redressal mechanism of the Insurance companies. I wanted to try out the same which I am mentioning at the end of the post.

The address is: https://bimabharosa.irdai.gov.in/Home/Home

Bima Bharosa - A new initiative by IRDAI to address grievances of Insured-bimabharosa.png
Name:  IRDAI grievance process.png
Views: 437
Size:  119.8 KB

The process to register a complaint is very simple, the below screen shots show the same. Just enter your name, mobile, e-mail id, Policy type, policy no/claim no, Insurance co name, details of grievance or complaint, any specific attachments if available and register the compliant. A complaint number is generated. Based on the Insurance co the grievance e-mail id is picked up and complaint sent to the e-mail id.

Bima Bharosa - A new initiative by IRDAI to address grievances of Insured-irdai-complaint.png
Bima Bharosa - A new initiative by IRDAI to address grievances of Insured-irdai-complaint1.png

I had a grievance against all Insurance cos offering the motor insurance of not being able to generate any quote online for my BH registration car which was due for renewal in Jan 2023. Hence decided to raise a complaint against Royal Sundaram with whom I have presently the Insurance for my car. RS website didnt allow the BH registration number to be entered to generate a quote saying the registration number is invalid. In addition there was no response to my calls to the customer care number as well as the email id. Tried to reach them through social media but their response was more of a parotted answer.

Bima Bharosa - A new initiative by IRDAI to address grievances of Insured-irdai-complaint2.png

The complaint shows the TAT for the response. Although it shows 4 here, the actual is 15 days from the day of complaint. I got a response from RS within 30 mins of raising a complaint and a customer care person was assigned to understand my complaint. Within a day of the compliant I got an initial quote from RS. Within 2 days recd a courier with letter from RS saying that they have taken the compliant seriously and are working towards its resolution.

Checking the status of the complaint is equally simple. Enter your mobile number used during complaint registering, enter the OTP and the status is displayed.

Not very sure if the same response will be for any complaints registered, may also vary from Insurance co to co. Since the complaint is coming through IRDAI, Insurance cos are forced to respond within the timeframe.

The Bima Bharosa website has a few dashboards which shows the complaint status but not as per the Insurance cos.

Hope this will help BHPians and other to get a faster resolution to their Insurance grievances.

Last edited by ghodlur : 19th November 2022 at 17:27.
ghodlur is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 10:42   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bima Bharosa - A new initiative by IRDAI to address grievances of Insured

Thanks for sharing. This is a good initiative by the authorities.

Similar case is with PGPortal, I've got issues resolved by the concerned agencies after raising a complaint against the erring people/companies.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed