Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 13:55   #16
BHPian

Thanks tintin82. Another thing which I wanted to know is what in case I want to sell my vehicle in bangalore, currently it is MH regn. Do I need to get the NOC done+pay the KA road tax, and will I be eligible for any road tax refund from MH.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:27   #17
BHPian

I got a refund cheque of 75% of the amount that I initially paid as road tax, as per the new rule in UP, a maximum of 75% is refunded uptil 5 years, if the vehicle life is beyond this the deduction is 5% per annum.

The process was started in August 2009, 3-4 personal visits in December 2009 and numerous phone calls and followups with the agent, this costed me Rs.2500 towards the agent fee which I think includes the "grease" as well .
Old 7th April 2010, 19:13   #18
BHPian

Refund of road tax for a totalled car

Hi Guys,

Has anyone ever got a refund of road tax if a car has met with accident and has been claimed as complete loss. Lets say within a year it meets an accident. Will the state govts refund it.
Just asking out of curiosity, couldn't find any info on the forum.

Thx
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
My friend who had to re-register his 3 year old car at Bangalore after buying it from Kerala is now running from pillar to pillar to get the road tax refund from the Kerala RTO. Some of his friends are dissuading him saying it's almost impossible to get the tax back.

So, is there anyone@T-BHP who has ever got the Road Tax Refund from the concerned RTO ? I'm asking this because we all know of the typical Govt. setup !!!

Any tips to get Road Tax Refund quickly ?
The tax can be refunded.Only thin is that depending on the RTO you may have to do some running around as they do it in typical babu manner.Or try to get it done by an agent.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:39   #20
BHPian

Two ways to get refund -
1. Contact the officer directly, not any babu but the head/chief/top most official in the concerned RTO
2. Get the "services" of an agent, who would know where to put the "grease"
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

I applied for a refund on the LTT paid on my Maruti 800 in 1998, when I shifted the car to Bengaluru in 2006 and got a KA number. We didn't employ an agent, ran around the RTO for > 3 years and finally gave up. I think we (as in family included) spent more than what we could've got as refund on all those trips to the RTO.

This was really surprising because I never use(d) an agent for any RTO-related work and so far everything got done, though it took a lot of time. I guess they just don't want to part with money .

I then brought the car back again to Hyderabad in 2009 and re-registered here. I didn't even bother to apply for a refund because I didn't have the time or resources to follow-up remotely in Bengaluru.

Luckily for me this was an 800, so the cumulative value of the two refunds is something that I can "let go" without feeling too much pain.

I sold the car two months back, so now I don't think I can get back the refunds even if I wanted to (engine/chassis number imprints etc. are very difficult, if not impossible, to get now).

Regards,
spadix
Old 30th June 2010, 17:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
I moved from NOIDA to Hyderabad in Sept. 2008, finally got the AP number in August 2009, and then asked an agent in NOIDA to follow on my behalf at the RTO, its been almost 3 months with the clerk delaying it, don't know when I will get my refund but I am ready to fight for this till the end with ZERO bribe in the process, till the time I get my hard earned money back
Hi rajatsingh78,

I have read your story 'UP to AP tak'.

Why dont you file a RTI on your tax refund.

Thanks
hdi
Old 30th June 2010, 17:56   #23
BANNED

Very very informative thread. thank you for posting it.

Never knew if Road Tax refunds were available.

This thread is going to help many guys over here.
Old 30th June 2010, 18:57   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
Hi rajatsingh78,

I have read your story 'UP to AP tak'.

Why dont you file a RTI on your tax refund.

Thanks
hdi
I got my refund cheque in March 2010. The problem about RTI was that someone should have been in NOIDA for follow-up and I am here in AP. Plus UP RTI commission is itself under suspicion following some reports that I read on the internet.
Old 17th November 2010, 15:31   #25
BHPian

Has anyone had any experience in getting a refund in Goa? I am looking to buy a car there and register it in Hyderabad, any tips/contacts of RTA agents would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Old 7th May 2011, 16:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anyone "ever" got any Road Tax Refund ?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get refund on corporate road tax paid?
The scenario is that there is a company registered vehicle which is being sold to an individual after 5 years.
I was told the company can take the papers after transfer is done and approach RTO to get the refund of corporate road tax which is more than twice of individual road tax.

Any ideas?
Old 4th October 2011, 04:25   #27

SUN,

Did you end up getting a road tax refund for the double corporate part ? I am in the same boat and need to know how to get that refund.

Ab
Old 4th October 2011, 09:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

^Actually, the previous owner of the vehicle had paid corporate tax. I have merely completed the formalities from my end and handed over the copy of documents that he had asked for. I am not sure if the previous owner got something back or not. I will check with him and get back in some time.
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:14   #29
AJo
BHPian

Hello,
I have received a "RTO Corporate Tax" refund for my company car, which we had sold to an individual. The Refund Order states "To be presented to the State Bank of India, Pune-1, through any Nationalized Bank for payment".

The catch is - My Co. has an account with HDFC Bank & Axis Bank only. (Not with any Nat. Bank like SBI, Bank of Maha, etc). Wanted to know - Would the refund cheque be rejected if I pay it into our HDFC or Axis Bank a/c?

I am surprised that a Govt. Department is indulging in discrimination against other Banks?
Has anybody experienced this before?
Ajo
Old 26th February 2013, 15:27   #30
BHPian

I own a Fiat Linea 2009 , it was company leased car and it transferred to my wife’s name by my employer.

I had met with an major accident and the car is total loss, I had got a salvage buyer for the car, he is looking forward to buy it as a scrap and suggested me to getting the refund from RTO on the life tax which I had paid.

Due to bad luck my employer has not transferred the insurance my wife name, they had shared all the details expect for the RC copy. Accident happened after three weeks of ownership transfer to my wife’s name. I’ am fighting my case with my employer.

I’ am out of Hyderabad location, would like to dispose the car. Can you please guide on the process of getting the life tax refund. Do I need to something before I sell car as scrap.

Appreciate all your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone "ever" got any Road Tax Refund ?-image.jpeg  

Anyone "ever" got any Road Tax Refund ?-image1.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks