Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2013, 15:47   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Anyone "ever" got any Road Tax Refund ?

Please continue this discussion in
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...efund-etc.html

Thanks,
Support Team
Old 14th March 2014, 00:14   #32
BHPian

Buying a New car on Company Name

Hello,

As far as I know about taxes, when we buy any assets/goods on a VAT invoice, the tax paid on the purchase is refundable. Means, the tax I already paid in buying goods for the purpose of my business, will be deducted from my total Sales Tax/VAT in any given quarter.

I am sure it does apply to the personal cars as well.

But apart from getting tax rebates or benefits, what other pros/cons are there when buying car on Company's name?

Does it affect resale value or anything?
Old 14th March 2014, 00:30   #33
BHPian

Re: Buying a New car on Company Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
Hello,

As far as I know about taxes, when we buy any assets/goods on a VAT invoice, the tax paid on the purchase is refundable. Means, the tax I already paid in buying goods for the purpose of my business, will be deducted from my total Sales Tax/VAT in any given quarter.

I am sure it does apply to the personal cars as well.

But apart from getting tax rebates or benefits, what other pros/cons are there when buying car on Company's name?

Does it affect resale value or anything?
In addition to the tax paid on fuel/maintenance, I guess depreciation benefits you can claim would be a good factor.
Old 14th March 2014, 08:20   #34
BHPian

Re: Buying a New car on Company Name

I found an interesting link on Gujarat sales taxes. It clearly states that VAT on cars or fuel is not allowed for setoff unless it is purchased for resale. Other states may have different rules, though.

http://www.commercialtax.gujarat.gov...p?viewPageNo=4
Old 24th March 2014, 18:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a TV flash news. Supreme court directed to refund VAT collected on one time tax which is about 1000 Crores.
Old 8th March 2018, 16:30   #36
ais
BHPian

Any idea if on selling a vehicle, the original owner can claim a tax refund when the buyer registers it in another state and pays registration tax there?

To be specific, I sold a BMW 320d after two years of purchase. I registered the new car in Haryana and paid about 3 lakhs, and the person who bought it from me got it registered in Chandigarh, paying about 2.25 lakhs.
Old 4th September 2019, 09:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

Yes you can claim resedual tax refund.
Refund forms attached.
https://transport.maharashtra.gov.in...2014_43_36.pdf
http://www.lorryguru.com/pdfforms/form_dt.pdf

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 14:18   #38
BHPian

How to get refund of excess Road Tax?

Hi friends,
I need an advice. I bought a new Tata Safari XZA+ Dark edition from Sterling Motors, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra in June 2023. By virtue of me being a Central Government employee I was able to get BH registration for my car. However, the car dealer, while getting my registration done instead of entering the invoice price excluding GST wrongly entered the Ex-Showroom price after adding the GST which resulted in me ending up paying excess Road Tax. In case of BH registration since one has to pay road tax every two years, I will keep on paying excess Road Tax every second year. On noticing the anomaly I brought it to the dealer’s notice and that of the RTO and ever since I have been running from pillar to post to get it rectified but with no positive outcome. Request if anyone has any knowledge about the same or faced a similar issue and how to get it rectified.
Thanking you all in advance.
Kkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 16:14   #39
BHPian

Re: How to get refund of excess Road Tax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkumar View Post
Hi friends,
I need an advice. I bought a new Tata Safari XZA+ Dark edition from Sterling Motors, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra in June 2023. By virtue of me being a Central Government employee I was able to get BH registration for my car. However, the car dealer, while getting my registration done instead of entering the invoice price excluding GST wrongly entered the Ex-Showroom price after adding the GST which resulted in me ending up paying excess Road Tax. In case of BH registration since one has to pay road tax every two years, I will keep on paying excess Road Tax every second year. On noticing the anomaly I brought it to the dealer’s notice and that of the RTO and ever since I have been running from pillar to post to get it rectified but with no positive outcome. Request if anyone has any knowledge about the same or faced a similar issue and how to get it rectified.
Thanking you all in advance.
Did you get any refund ? I am also in same boat and about to go to RTO.
hrishi_dypim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 18:09   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi_dypim View Post
Did you get any refund ? I am also in same boat and about to go to RTO.
Yes, finally after 6 months of running around got refund.
Old 25th December 2023, 19:04   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkumar View Post
Yes, finally after 6 months of running around got refund.
Congratulations !! It's good news and nothing less than an achievement. I hope on vahan website the corrected invoice price will be showing.

If you can share the process and details, will be helpful for me and others as well.
hrishi_dypim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 08:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi_dypim View Post
Congratulations !! It's good news and nothing less than an achievement. I hope on vahan website the corrected invoice price will be showing.

If you can share the process and details, will be helpful for me and others as well.
To get refund you have apply to the RTO where you had registered the vehicle. The application should be accompanied by a copy of the invoice for Road Tax that you paid and also the pre-GST price breakdown from the manufacturer (for this you can contact the dealer who will get it arranged from the manufacturer). Thereafter regular visits to follow up. All the best.
Kkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks