Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2007, 16:38   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
ICICI's various side businesses (pretty much everything besides the bank) seem to do these stunts pretty regularly. I wonder why. A few days back my father was taken on a merry ride by the Pru ICICI guys. The old man wanted a health insurance but most insurers were declining him. I told him that the insurers never accept anyone over 60 so easily.

Ultimately the Pru ICICI guys themselves called him up and said they are willing to sell him insurance. This inspite of his seeking lot of clarifications. Ultimately he wrote the cheque. I smelt a rat the day he told me. But then it was too late. They promptly encashed the cheque and then sent him a regret letter. Money siphoned off!

What transpired was that for 6 months they made him run around, write tons of letters, make calls but to no avail. The worst was that some of their employees started making calls to seek a cut to get his money released. Just imagine. Ultimately I had to step in. Asked him to sit easy and let me see. Of course he got the money back within a week after that but goes to show what these buggers do.

Anyway, that was probably a bit OT though again related to their insurance biz.
you are right boss, you can not trust these insurance companies. but i have got suggestion, if you company has a group insurance and they give insurance to the family of the employees, you can get it with ease. no insurance co. can deny your father insurance when he is under GMP.

and if you are company does not give insurance to the family, then you can request them to accomodate your father in the policy and you pay the premium. and no health check ups are also required of your father before.

In GMP these companies also dont refuse claims that often because of the major business of the insured company is attached.

take care
God bless.

Manu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks