Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 18:14   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
saying if you go for Alloys after market then your insurance gets void, irrespective of any role played by Alloys in your accident or not.
One more reason not to believe car shows! Don't fret, several amongst us drive alloy-shod cars and have successfully made accident claims.
Old 17th November 2008, 14:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
One more reason not to believe car shows! Don't fret, several amongst us drive alloy-shod cars and have successfully made accident claims.
Hey GTO, In which insurance company, u have insured your modified cars ?

Anybody would like to recommend any insurance company which is best suited to claim for modified cars in case of any kind of accidents ?

Your suggestions are most welcome.

Thanking You all in advance.

LIVEALIKE
Old 17th November 2008, 16:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livealike View Post

Anybody would like to recommend any insurance company which is best suited to claim for modified cars in case of any kind of accidents ?

LIVEALIKE
Any (All) insurance company will pay your claim's.
Old 17th November 2008, 22:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Since you asked, Tata-AIG covers my cars.
Old 20th November 2008, 11:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

LIVEALIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Any (All) insurance company will pay your claim's.
I would recommend go for Pvt. Insurance company so that they don't trouble you at the time of claim.

When surveyor is doing survey of your car I would recommend that you also take the photo's of your car. - Doing this will help at the time of claim in this special car's.
Old 25th November 2008, 20:26   #21

Go with TATA-AIG. The claim settlement is good.
Old 9th December 2008, 09:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Since last few days i have seen few insurance policy which has a little high excess in them if the car's are modified - Please check your insurance policies.
Old 25th May 2009, 21:29   #23
BHPian

Insurance and how mods affect it

I just lost an insurance claim on my PC because i had overclocked the processor, according to them overclocking is not allowed and if i change any components in the CPU i have to notify them. Overclocking a processor is similar to tuning the ECU of a car right. So i was thinking if our car insurances have the same limitations. If i install a free flow will i have to pay an extra premium for it as well ?
Old 25th May 2009, 21:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

How did your insurance company know you overclocked your CPU?

Insurance can refuse to pay your claim if they deem the mods you did caused the accident. As I've posted somewhere before, a friend of mine's Bolero CRDe had a bullbar fitted without his consent by his dad. It was involved in a slow speed crash that should have been absorbed by the bumper.

But the bullbar caved in and went into the engine bay, causing about a lakh and a half worth of damage. The insurance refused to pay for the repair saying that the unauthorized modification undermined the structural integrity of the vehicle and that they will not support the claim caused by misuse, etc, etc, etc.
Old 25th May 2009, 22:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

how does one insure a PC anyway - If you know how to overclock it, you should know how to fix it

did you mean to say that the processor/motherboard warranty claim was denied or something like that ?
Old 26th May 2009, 00:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
It was involved in a slow speed crash that should have been absorbed by the bumper.
But the bullbar caved in and went into the engine bay, causing about a lakh and a half worth of damage. ....
I knew that this can happen, but have never actually heard of a case where a bullbar has caused such damage. If possible, could you post a few pics of the damaged car so that others may be warned.
di1in, could you give us a few more details about your case with the PC?
Old 26th May 2009, 06:53   #27
BHPian

Good some one brought this up. With all the mods happening, it is essential to have a valid insurance. We should not be ignorant. I would like some info on this too.

Usually you have Low-risk and High-risk insurance companies.
The insurance we obtain, is of a understanding that the car is factory standard (low-risk ) ! In my opinion any modifications to the car without informing the insurance company, will void it.

High-risk insurance firms, provide cover for modified cars and sports/performance car. The premium costs a bomb compared to standard car as the risk of accidents is greater.
Old 26th May 2009, 10:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
I knew that this can happen, but have never actually heard of a case where a bullbar has caused such damage. If possible, could you post a few pics of the damaged car so that others may be warned.
(Un)fortunately, the vehicle has been fixed up and no pictures were taken by him as he was abroad. The service center might have some, taken for insurance purposes. I'll ask him to procure copies - if they exist - during his next service.
Old 26th May 2009, 10:32   #29
BHPian

My experience from car insurance has been that any fitmet that is not part of the standard car that come out of the showroom, insurance is not liable for paying for any damages to those parts that have been added to the car.

For example, if the car as part of standard package is shipped with steel rims and we get alloys, insurance firms are not liable to pay for the alloys in case there is any damage to them. However, they would pay for the tyre, provided we are still using the same stock size and not a upgraded size.

Hence, we should be very clear that any modification we do to the body, we are doing at our own risk and we cannot claim anything from insurance company.
Old 28th May 2009, 11:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
how does one insure a PC anyway - If you know how to overclock it, you should know how to fix it

did you mean to say that the processor/motherboard warranty claim was denied or something like that ?
We taek house insurance, and PCs and accessories are included. The damage was caused by lightning and is not reparable, they have to be replaced. They knew about the overclocking when they checked the bios. Lightning is included in the insurance because they payed for the stabilizer that i lost due to lightning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks