Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2007, 21:46   #1

Car Loan From Kotak for SX-4 ZXI through CSD

I am purchasing the SX-4 ZXI from the Canteen Stores Department through Auto Wheels, B-4 Vishal Chambers, oppo McDonald's, Sec 18, Noida, Tel.4312729. The car price through CSD is Rs.6,26,843 out of which I am paying Rs.1,76,843 up front and taking a loan of Rs.4,50,000, which Auto Wheels is arranging with Kotak Car Finance. The 3 year loan will be paid back with an EMI of Rs.14,760, which amounts to approx 11 per cent rate of interest, fixed.
I am being charged a processing fee of Rs.2575, and the car would be ordered through the CSD depot Jalandher and the dealer would be Sandhu Automobiles, Ludhiana. The lead time is approx one month plus. I have ordered Azure Grey colour. I have not been given any rebate or anything. I did check the interest rates for car loans with SBI but found them slightly higher.
In addition I would need to pay Rs.20,842 for Maruti Insurance to the dealer and Rs.18,371 for Noida Regn, Road tax etc. which Auto Wheels will get done.
Any views please from your experience whether it is an OK deal for the car loan, Maruti Insurance etc ? Thanks.
Old 15th August 2007, 22:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

The only thing you can do is get the Processing fees waived off, rest looks okay.
As for registration and stuff I think CSD gets lower rates, am not sure.
Only thing I can say is get the car checked thoroughly, 10-12 years ago we did not have very good experience with SM, and they were supposed to be lousy ones of the lot. They were FIAT then. Maybe Maruti days have made them better.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 15th August 2007 at 22:36.
Old 15th August 2007, 23:07   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

6.2 for an SX4 Zxi ?
Old 16th August 2007, 01:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
6.2 for an SX4 Zxi ?
Don't be surprised. CSD prices will whack you for a six if you are not initiated to their prices. I would have myself bought my car through CSD but for some last minute problems.
Old 16th August 2007, 07:33   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Ashok the rates are pretty ok, Auto Wheels i think specializes in CSD purchases. Why not get the car regged in delhi?
Old 16th August 2007, 10:19   #6
BHPian

Does one need to be in Army or a relative of an army man to take car through CSD?
Old 16th August 2007, 11:33   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
Does one need to be in Army or a relative of an army man to take car through CSD?
ELIGIBILITY FOR PURCHASE OF CAR THROUGH CSD

As per the existing policy the following categories of personnel are eligible to avail this facility.
  1. All commissioned officers serving and retired of the armed forces who are authorized canteen facilities. This category includes Honorary commissioned officers.
  2. Widows of service officers, who are authorized canteen facilities are eligible to purchase cars from Punjab or Rajasthan. The State of Haryana does not extend any benefit to widows for purchase of car through CSD.
  3. Equivalent status civilian officers/ officers of CSD who are authorized canteen facilities. However, they will need to pay sales tax as applicable in the conceded state.
  4. All GREF personnel of officer grade, services and retired up to civilian officer grade III, as per ministry of Defence notification No. SR 0329 Dated 23rd Sep 1950 who are authorized canteen facilities.
  5. One of the parents, either the father or the mother of unmarried deceased officers, are also entitled to purchase cars through CSD.
  6. Short service commissioned officers, who are authorized canteen facilities, with five years or more, of service.
  7. EC Commissioned officers with less than 5 years service have to obtain prior permission.

Last edited by -GS- : 16th August 2007 at 11:34.
Old 16th August 2007, 16:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Rs.6.29L for ZXi.... . We pay 8.16 in Bangalore through regular route. Of course it includes insurance and other stuff. But Rs.6.29L is too good price for ZXi....Hope we also get the same.....
Old 16th August 2007, 17:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hope we also get the same.....

Zzzzz, keep dreaming for these prices.

CSD is meant for armed forces as per criteria posted above. They get all the tax benefits etc.
Old 16th August 2007, 18:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

@AshokSawhney.. Glad to know you are getting your SX4 ZXI finally through CSD (I think I was the one who informed you to explore that option)..congrats..its a dream price for a dream car

Last edited by iTNerd : 16th August 2007 at 18:06.
Old 16th August 2007, 19:19   #11
rkg
Senior - BHPian

CSD prices vary between states.in karnataka the price difference is less than 10-20K but one will not get any offers which the company is offering to general public.SX4 zxi price quoted may be ex show room without registration. further in south vehicle registration charges are high ( 10-12%) where as in delhi it is 4%. this makes lot of difference
Old 17th August 2007, 12:57   #12

Car Loan from Kotak & Delivery at Sandhu Auto,Ludhiana

Many thanks, gentlemen.

Any specific benefit in getting the car registered in Delhi, over Noida, other than during resale ? The regn. in Delhi is costlier.

Any more inputs reg Sandhu Auto, Ludhiana dealership, present performance quality etc ? Any better dealer in Ludhiana / Jalandhar ?

Is it better to take the Maruti Insurance, extended warranty etc at Ludhiana while taking delivery of the car or at Motor Craft, Noida where I intend getting the car serviced/maintained, since I live in Noida and thanks to all the good things I've read about Motor Craft on the Team-BHP website.

Ashok Sawhney
Old 18th August 2007, 18:53   #13
LLL
BHPian

After how much time can a csd car be sold to a civilian party?
Old 18th August 2007, 22:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

@AshokSawhney..abt Maruti Insurance, its actually one of the major insurance companies...Your dealer will actually give you motor insurance from the company located near the dealer.. I would advise, you go for extended warranty as its complete peace of mind.. MotorCraft is good..its MSM only, though privately owned.. For servicing I opted for MSM, Okhla..did my first service today, and I am extremely happy with them.. got the car within 3 hrs..
Old 19th August 2007, 12:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Rs.6.29L for ZXi.... . We pay 8.16 in Bangalore through regular route. Of course it includes insurance and other stuff. But Rs.6.29L is too good price for ZXi....Hope we also get the same.....

If you are willing to go and fight in places like Ladhak/Leh/Kashmir you too would get the same price. This is the least we can do for our armed forces who defend our country.

Most Viewed