Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 14:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Boss, HDFC is a local bank, I already have an account, with the right address, it ain't making any difference.

Here they don't respect private company phone bills from Airtel, Hutch, etc for poA. If I take BSNL, they will promptly demand poA and then use the imaginary address from the ration card. Same goes for voter ID.

Wife's DL was done through the dalaal, even then they still went with imaginary address.

Looks like the magistrate route is the best.

I believe rental agreement will suffice if you apply for a BSNL line and then you can produce that address proof. Do check it out with BSNL. It works, atleast thats what I have seen in BLR
Old 31st August 2007, 14:18   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Samurai - its all very clear now. You should move to village C and form a locality B there mentioned in the ration card.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:56   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
I believe rental agreement will suffice if you apply for a BSNL line and then you can produce that address proof. Do check it out with BSNL. It works, at least thats what I have seen in BLR
Sir, I own the house. The ownership document has an address I don't understand. I don't think the postman will either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Samurai - its all very clear now. You should move to village C and form a locality B there mentioned in the ration card.
Actually that's not a bad idea. Change my address to the company address. The company has proper address proof.
Old 31st August 2007, 15:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hmm... This reminds me to check the address I have used for my home loan. Hopefully its the right one.

Reminds me of the time when Chennai corporation renumbered all the house numbers in our locality.. My Bank passbook had the old no.. Quietly striked it out and put the new number in
Old 31st August 2007, 15:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Samurai, two years back i was in similar situation with no proof for my curent address.

First i got the BSNL connection using my mobile statement and Andhra bank statement (This was my salary account bank at that time). Then with BSNL bill in my hand, i got a ration card with my current address.

I think you sould contact BSNL first to get a new connection for your home on your name. Bank statement or a proof from your company should be ok for this.
Old 31st August 2007, 15:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HDFC loan department told me that if I pay off the loan, the loan papers will be returned to the address they have on record.
Don't they have the option of handing over the papers directly to loan applicant at the respective branch?

On the topic:
Bank accepts DL as address proof.
Passport Office accepts bank passbook as address proof, but don't accept DL !
So if you want Passport Office to accept DL as address proof, open a bank account with that DL as address proof, submit the bank passbook as address proof in the Passport Office. I had to go through this ritual.
Old 31st August 2007, 15:49   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Don't they have the option of handing over the papers directly to loan applicant at the respective branch?
The local HDFC branch manager is working towards it pretty hard, hopefully he will make it happen. Hopefully I don't have to jump anymore hoops.
Old 31st August 2007, 17:51   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How is it different from the bank account I already have with the right address? The HDFC loan department is not ready to consider my correct address I have with HDFC bank account since May last year.
One notable thing is that for some high value transactions or ones that have lot of implications many organizations do not accept documents issued by their sister concerns. I think this is done so that people within the organization do not collude to cheat the organization or someone else.

Recently my sister had to apply for a PAN card. She got tired running around but then no proof was good enough as her photo identification. The ones UTITSL (nominated for processing PAN applications) wanted were not available with her and ones she could give were not acceptable to UTITSL. Now one of the possible photo ID my sister had was a UTI bank card which had her photograph printed on it along with other details. UTITSL however said they won't accept that. And the reason was what I stated above.

So maybe, just maybe, if you have an ICICI account (instead of HDFC) it will work (but again you will have to wait for 6 months for that address to be considered valid). Or another option is if you have a LPG connection that mentions the correct address.

Yet another option is to go and take admission in a driving school. Give them the correct postal address. They will use the same at the end of the training period to get you a new license. Since the channels are different while applying through the agents the license will be happily issued without many a questions to you with your desired address on it.
Old 31st August 2007, 17:54   #24
BHPian

samurai,

this stupidity is not confined to "villages" or small towns. Just last month, my wife and myself went through untold miseries to get our names and addresses changed. Name change in case of my wife following marriage.

So we applied for new driving licenses here in Mumbai. Seems the system does not accept "long names". Seems you have to have a last name, which has to be a surname, and can't be your father's name, even though thats the way you have your name recorded in every official document, including your passport, and umpteen number of such unexplainable idiosyncracies. Of course, prior to all this, they need the name and address change in the LIC policy as proof. go figure.

p.s.
I m talking about the new "Smart Card" driving licenses here in mumbai.

Last edited by hell_rider : 31st August 2007 at 17:55.
Old 31st August 2007, 18:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Try to open a bank a/c in the nearest bank. This way you will get the necessary address proof which will actually tell others that you actually live there
they are equally bad- my brother and I have an account in the branch for 10 years!!! and i wanted to set up and FD - the branch manager says - No, I need your brothers signature. (Joint acct) so i say ok, thats not possible as he is in the amerka, so set up fresh account for me...his response. I need someone to "reccommend you!"

My chicken and egg story was - passport expiered, all documents in my name, and passport alone had full name (that is with the middle name) while NO other document had that name. So, I cant get anything. Slowly and painfully I first applied for Pan card- it accepts credit card statements, then I applied for a new drivers license given my credit card bill again (i think) this was done by Automobile association so no tension. Next came passport. After all running around with the passport office, loosing 2 days or work, etc etc, progressed no where, so decided to ask a travel agent friend to do it. Viola- 3 weeks, i get my new passport. with new name.
Moral of story - you try and follow the system - you get laughed at and nothing works.

luckily for getting the wedding registered - my wife's folks are well entrenched into the human landscape in her town - so it was quite a breeze. Cant belive i just signed a blank paper (the guy said it was for copies) and got 10 copies delivered to my house. And as they say - if abdullah cannot go to the mountain, the mountain will come to abdullah - the register came to us - we were waiting outside - and we just signed it.

Last edited by madan80 : 31st August 2007 at 18:04.
Old 31st August 2007, 18:14   #26
BANNED

You are lucky. Just imagine some official wants to communicate with you - in all probability, this is going to be about some traffic offence you committed.
Where will the letter go?
Lucky .... lucky.....
Old 31st August 2007, 18:18   #27
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
The local HDFC branch manager is working towards it pretty hard, hopefully he will make it happen. Hopefully I don't have to jump anymore hoops.
You should be able to get all loan docs over the counter. I just closed my loan with HDFC and got all my property originals otc.
Old 31st August 2007, 18:20   #28
LLL
BHPian

Can you take a personal loan from HDFC on that fictitious address using your I-cards all of which carry fictitious addresses?
Old 31st August 2007, 18:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Can you take a personal loan from HDFC on that fictitious address using your I-cards all of which carry fictitious addresses?
Scamsters cash in on bank rivalry-Bangalore-Cities-The Times of India
Old 31st August 2007, 20:47   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post
.. it is basically a stamp paper on which your address and identity is mentioned. the said document needs to be signed & stamped by First class magistrate. You can take advocate' help in that matter...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
It is called an affidavit ..
Affidavit.

Can you use your office address as address for communication etc ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks