Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 23:15   #31
Team-BHP Support

Samu san here is a purrfect solution
1. Buy 50rs franked paper(replacement for stamp paper)
2. You become lesser, your wife becomes lesee
3. You are a tenant to your wife who owns the house
4. You can have any address for the house, these fellows do not change anything.
So you have a rental agreement which says you live "at some address"
That some address can be anything.
Old 31st August 2007, 23:48   #32
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm... tsk's solution sounds the easiest to implement with the least bit of hassle. However there is one small hitch here. Last year the same idea struck me when I was looking to buy a house outside of Hyderabad. There were some potential tax related problems which could have come up in claiming HRA and House Loan tax advantages. So thought will show it has been rented out to my parents. But quite a few people in the know said that if it comes up for random scrutiny will cause problems as it may not be a very "clean" way.

Won't the same problem come up for Samu? Can a wife rent out her house to her husband? Is that legally tenable?
Old 1st September 2007, 00:09   #33
BHPian

Brother Samurai,
60th year of freedom wish the brits where still around may be we would have been somewhere near hongkong.....
Old 1st September 2007, 00:21   #34
Team-BHP Support

Well, I have been promised that the documents will be sent to the local branch and handed over personally. Therefore I don't have to go through the address changing procedure.
Old 1st September 2007, 01:19   #35
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Hmmm... tsk's solution sounds the easiest to implement with the least bit of hassle. However there is one small hitch here. Last year the same idea struck me when I was looking to buy a house outside of Hyderabad. There were some potential tax related problems which could have come up in claiming HRA and House Loan tax advantages. So thought will show it has been rented out to my parents. But quite a few people in the know said that if it comes up for random scrutiny will cause problems as it may not be a very "clean" way.

Won't the same problem come up for Samu? Can a wife rent out her house to her husband? Is that legally tenable?
yes, if it comes in income tax scrutiny, it will be trouble. At the minimum, wife will need to show the rent as income in her tax returns. They can club income of spouse and kids in income of main assessee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_dg View Post
Brother Samurai,
60th year of freedom wish the brits where still around may be we would have been somewhere near hongkong.....
Lol...sometimes i wish this too. Infact i think its still not too late. Lets outsource our civil services to brits/americans.
Old 1st September 2007, 11:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Sigh! Samurai you opened up a can of worms that I've been through several times before. I'm stuck with so many different proof of addresses that I've lost count.

I've also stopped trying, primarily because I do not want to go through the hassle of it all over again when I am back in India for good. I'll do all the hard work then. Right now I really dont care for the fact that my Passport, my DL, my Car's Regn., and most other documents except for my phone bills have different addresses.
Old 2nd September 2007, 13:09   #37
BHPian

boss, i also faced similar problem when applying for my marriage cert. Registrar ppl were not ready to accept the address on the sale deed. So what I did was, scanned my old rental aggrement, extracted only the stamppaper area and made a new rental agreement, stating myself as the tenant of my own house :( , and guess what...this was accepted as a valid addr!
Lesson learnt: Honesty dosent work!
Scene 2: Applying for my wife's passport. Requirement 1..should be staying in the same address for more than 1 yr.
Resolution: Fake rental Agrement that was backdated by 2 yrs.
Alternate addr proof given: Elect bill & Gas bills....and those fools couldnt even make out that elect bill is in my name means that its moy own house and not a rented house!
Result: 45 days later my wife had her passport.

Thats how things work..i guess..
Old 2nd September 2007, 13:55   #38
BANNED

Here is my problem - actually wife's when we got the car - it is in her name. My objective was to have the Regd. Address at my residence.
a. Her voters id is missing. (She has one, but has not voted or lived in her home for past 11 years, as at time of marriage - transferable job).
b. No ration card. Well to do parents did not require one.
c. No passport. Going out of India was not on her radar screen.
d. She is not a phone subscriber. Her mobile was her dad's name.
e. Pan card does not have address on it.
f. Driving license missing. If traced out, has the address of one of her former offices, since she took it through a driving school in some other district, and DLs are not proof of address for registering your vehicle.
Now I set out to get a proof of address (my residence) and here are the problems.
1. To add her into the ration card, marriage certificate is required.
2. Our marriage was not registered; coz. well, no time to do the formalities, and wife got a transfer on day 2 after marriage (Got lazy, that is what). To register the marriage now (special punishment for being late), her voters ID is required to prove residence. (other documents of course not being available).
3. We have no contacts with local netas in her locality to find out details of her in the local voters' list.
4. SSLC book, which is acceptable, carries her father's address.
5. A residence certificate from the village office is sufficient, but to get that, we need to show either the voter's id, ration card, or SSLC book or passport or lease agreement (huh? how can she rent my father's house?)
Finally got the car registered with her father's address as permanent address.
Old 8th November 2022, 11:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Vicious Circle of StupidityRe

This thread may come to life again thanks to the change in the work culture of banks, am undergoing a lot of stress in getting my name corrected in bank accounts. The root cause is named in UAN, PAN and EPFO not matching with the name in the bank account.
The EPFO has been rejecting request to link bank account due to name mismatch, banks are declining to change the name in a bank account, what is the solution? The bank staff will tell you that back end team will reject the request for name correction, if there was a name mismatch how did our Pan card and Aadhar got linked to bank accounts. If I cannot get my name corrected, is there any credibility to the ID proofs issued in our name?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks