Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2007, 12:13   #1
BHPian

Ineptitude of Reliance general insurance agent

My car insurance was coming to an end on 27 August 2007 and I wanted to change my insurer ( you know which one).

So when a Reliance general insurance agent phoned me, I readily agreed to have my insurance with Reliance general insurance. I completed all the documents and handed him a cheque. That was in july 2007, more than a month in advance.

28 August arrived and went away. I thought that the insurance papers may be in the mail. But now it is more than a week. When I checked with my bank, I found that the cheque was not yet presented for clearance even though more than a week has passed !

So it turns out that the insurance agent, who was so proactive that he could find out about my insurance coming up for renewal, could not be bothered to present the cheque to the bank, and so the question of my insurance papers being ready and reaching me does not even arise.

Unfortunately I do not even have a phone number that insurance agent had called me on my mobile and I have long erased that number. How was I to know that this would turn out to be like this?

I have the receipt on Reliance general insurance letter head (proposal cum cover note), and the stamp says "Reliance General Insurance Co. Ltd 101/102, DM Towers, 21/1, race course Road, Near narayan Kothi square, Indore (MP). Agency code was "LANDMARK".

Can some resident of Indore get me the phone number of the above address ? Reliance general insurance does not have a branch at Jabalpur as yet where I am based.

Also, can someone tell what is the repersussion if there is a discontinuity in my insurance. as it is I was supposed to have my new insurance wef 28 August, and that is nowhere near materialising. If I approach some other insurance company now, will that company play hard to get because of the fact that my insurance has become discontinued ?

Last edited by squarecut : 7th September 2007 at 12:14. Reason: typo
Old 7th September 2007, 17:41   #2
BHPian

It wont be a problem to get your insurance renewed with another insurance company. But they will require you to take the car to their office for inspection before they renew.

Also, will be better if you dont take the car out while your insurance is not renewed (other than for insurance company inspection purposes) until the insurance company gives you a cover note / insurance policy.

Remember to give a stop payment instruction to your banker for the cheque issued to Reliance insurance.
Old 7th September 2007, 18:15   #3
Team-BHP Support

Reliance Insurance Office does not seem to have a phone number for their Indore office. At least their site fails to mention one.

Here is what you can do in this case.

* Call up 022 - 30479600. This is the phone no. of their corporate office in Mumbai. Tell them your problem and they may either directly help you or else give you the number to contact (probably in Indore or even Jabalpur, if they have a contact/liasion guy).

* Call 30338282. This is their 365 days all hours call center. I do not know whether it behaves like a local no. in all cities but you can try. Else, of course append the mumbai STD code. See if they can help.

* Write a mail to care.rgicl@relianceada.com. This mail id is there to collect grievances and complains of customers. Write all the details including the cover note no., the cheque you issued and any and every other detail.

One of these should work.

Remember till this issue is sorted out driving your car will be illegal. The police may book you, i.e. if they catch you. And otherwise also your car is now without any protection against theft, fire, arson, accidents etc. So beware.

Last edited by Zappo : 7th September 2007 at 18:16.
Old 10th September 2007, 07:50   #4
BHPian

I think " Landmark " is a DSA of RGI and the problem is because of the DSA.

I have renewed both my cars with RIG and found the Service good, Try mailing or calling the Company on the All India Line, They are pretty responsive.

A cover note is valid for 30 days. You can drive around with that.
Old 13th September 2007, 18:52   #5
BHPian

Almost same case happened with me. When I gave the cheque and other docs, I was given a hand written paper and was told that policy and other paper would get sent in another week so but when I wouldn't receive anything from Reliance in next 2 week, I sent a mail to him(I found the email address on their website, really do not remember the mail ID) and to my surprise, I got a call from their head office (Mumbai or Chennai) withing 3 hours and lady took all the details and promised to call back within hour and she did and confirmed that the everything is on its way. Finally I received the policy in next 2 days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks