Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2004, 16:51   #1
Team-BHP Support

Thought of sharing my experience with buying a Bajaj CT 100, never thought it would be this big a task lol.. read on its quite hilarious.

Bugged by the Bangalore traffic and petrol expenses (rather wastage, standing idle in traffic), I decided to get hold of 100 kmpl Bajaj CT 100. To be very true I was quite impressed with the R&D of the Bajaj automobiles, and felt proud of the good work we Indians do to deliver value for money products to common man.

I applied for a finance through Bajaj Finance, they were quite attractive schemes and got carried away with that and thought why block some liquid cash in the bank

I applied and produced all the relevant documents to the dealer and they said they would contact me back in a day or two’s time. After 5 days I call up the guys to be informed that they couldn’t finish with address proof verification since no one was available at the residence. (I had left my numbers on the application and they could have contacted if there was some confusion). Actually they spoke to the security and left lol.

I was little taken back and sent a mail to local dealer (from the id got from bajaj site) and it got automatically cc to webmaster@bajaj also. Mail below.

Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 3:48 PM
To: 'khivraj.blr@gecsl.com'
Cc: 'webmaster@bajajauto.co.in'
Subject: Feedback: Bajaj finance, experience

Hi,

I was planning to buy a Bajaj CT 100 from your dealership in Indira nagar, had submitted the Bajaj Finance application with relevant documents for the same last Friday (02 of July 2004). The sales person said it will take 4 days for verification and to get back to me. Heard from my residence security that someone had come down to verify address also.

Called up the finance guy in Indira Nagar today (July 7th) and got a reply, that the person couldn’t get to talk anyone at my residence and it will take minimum of 2 days more time, since these people don’t carry any mobiles, best possible is tomorrow.

This might be a genuine reason, but what is the purpose of leaving my residence and mobile number with the application, if they can’t call up and enquire if there is someone available at the given address or at least inform us if there was any difficulty in contacting us.

I was planning to get the vehicle delivered before the new budget which I think now is highly unlikely. To be very honest am not very satisfied or comfortable with the whole buying experience till now.

Thanks & Regards,

Jayakrishnan.M

Again the waiting continued and today after some 2 weeks, I called up thinking that they might be too busy with the work to call and inform, called up and got a polite reply, APPLICATION REJECTED. Reason: UNDISCLOSED.

I was quite amused, coz my bank statements and credit history is almost perfect, no loans no liabilities not even an out standing credit card payment lol, maybe the photo submitted didn’t look good for them.

Anyways again I sent a mail to them as follows:

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 2:26 PM
To: 'khivraj.blr@gecsl.com'
Cc: 'webmaster@bajajauto.co.in'
Subject: FW: Feedback: Bajaj finance, experience

Hi,

This is further to the last mail enclosed below (dated 07-07-2004).

Today 19th of July (2004), I contacted the dealer’s Bajaj finance wing, and have been informed that the application was rejected, when asked for the reason; I was told it cannot be disclosed. *I find this totally ridiculous a reply, and at least expect the reason of rejection to be informed to the applicant.

For an Indian company pioneering in indigenous R&D and bringing value for money products to the common man, I would suggest you to re look into the process of customer feedback in Bajaj Finance, i.e. if there is one in place. Wishing the company all the very best.

PS: I didn’t even get a single acknowledgment for the last mail also.

Thanks & Regards,

Jayakrishnan.M

So right now the dream of CT ko real zeeti (whistle) lag gayi hein, am wondering if I should be bold enough to pay cash and risk my money on a company who give such excellent customer experience, go to another manufacturer try another product or just stay putt inside my air-conditioned car and care a f**k for environment and maybe spent a lil more on commutation time.

This might be a one off incident but DAMN IT AT LEAST A SINGLE READ RECEIPT lol.

Cheers
Jaggu
Old 19th July 2004, 17:23   #2
Team-BHP Support

Did you go to the showroom and spoken to whoever called a manager? [img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img]
Old 19th July 2004, 17:33   #3
Team-BHP Support

naah.. really dont know if there will be one by that name ya designation lol..

again too lazy n also tied up with work.. will do that on Saturday when i have time for all the fun he he.. these guys open shop after i leave for work n close before i reach back then again am not that keen to collect my photo back ya buy the bike after this experience
Old 19th July 2004, 17:44   #4
Team-BHP Support

Don't leave your photo behind. That's all I can say.
Old 19th July 2004, 17:48   #5
Team-BHP Support

he he.. i know am too good looking ill collect it sometime this week i guess
Old 19th July 2004, 18:27   #6
Tom
BHPian

thats funny...one of my employees was sanctioned a loan by these same people when he was jus earning 4k per month
Old 19th July 2004, 18:33   #7
Team-BHP Support

dont tell me that i dont earn that much on paper.. lol.. exactly am clueless of the reason, at least that would have helped clear the hick up or at least accept it n kept my mouth shut
Old 19th July 2004, 19:24   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hey Jaggu,

As for the loan incident i really have nothing to say

But what i can say is that if you are ever keen on a purchase or following through with a decision or anything of that sort, dont bother doing it via email or fax in India, (unless you are mailing the CEO or something) the only way to do it is call them yourself . People cannot ever return phonecalls so dont expect them to even open emails!

cya
R
Old 19th July 2004, 19:30   #9
Team-BHP Support

i guess ur right on that Rehaan, i called up some 5 numbers multiple times and finally reached the finance department and then got the reply, so i guess a personal meeting is on the cards this weekend.

I love this country man
Old 19th July 2004, 19:37   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

haha
that was one wierd experience.
btw
y was ure application rejected.
my driver got a bajaj bike and he is earnin some 3000-4000 monthly
Old 19th July 2004, 20:04   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ July 19 2004,18:07)]haha
that was one wierd experience.
btw
y was ure application rejected.
my driver got a bajaj bike and he is earnin some 3000-4000 monthly
phone conversation..
me: hello bajaj finance (5 times transfered)
reply: Bajaj finance
me:have loan application
reply:name
me: J, and yours
reply: blank... tak tak tak (key board sound)
reply: application has been rejected
me: may i know the reason??
reply: undisclosed
me: what do u mean cannot be disclosed
reply: sorry we cant tell u :P
me: can i collect my docs back then
reply: sure (cuts the line)
Old 19th July 2004, 21:24   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu,

Its surprising to hear about your experience, as the efforts put by Bajaj in their product line are just not matched by the other departments (Sales and finance). I am sure Bajaj will be highly disappointed to hear about how your case has been handled and the potentially lost sale.

Most of these finance companies just outsource the verification part to some local small time company, the judgement being more or less in the hands (and mood) of one single man. Either he rejected your application since no-one was there at your house or he just had a bad fight with his wife in the morning.

Either ways, its surprising that they did not even respond to your pro-activeness in communicating with them. A customer coming to their door twice is ignored!!

I have already emailed some people at Bajaj with the link to this topic. Lets see if someone does care enough about the customer to respond.

GTO
Old 19th July 2004, 22:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Well...its a crazy reason given by the Bajaj guys....i've heard quite a few of 'em saying that Bajaj are getting egoistic about their bikes and failing in customer satisfaction dept.
Old 20th July 2004, 12:10   #14
Team-BHP Support

thanks GTO, even i have mailed couple of senior marketing people in Bajaj, hope they will listen, learn and do something to avoid such unpleasent experience for other customers at least.
Old 26th July 2004, 12:54   #15
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys it worked, I had mailed a senior marketing person in Bajaj HQ Mr. Amit Pawar and issue is being resolved now. He in turn personally called the Karnataka and Goa Marketing in charge, Mr Prabhu and Prabhu personally gave me a call on Saturday evening and introduced me to Mr Soumyo (Karnataka in charge). They have ensured that the issue will be resolved at the earliest.

I wish to thank all of them for personally making the effort to help me deal with the issue with Bajaj finance, as well as guys like GTO who also took the effort to drive the point across to the company.

At last a ray of hope to escape from Bangalore traffic woe’s.

Cheers
Jaggu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks